Notices

Motivational Thread Jan. 12 - 18 - Make Today Count!

Old 01-11-2015, 10:01 PM
FitDay Member

Default Motivational Thread Jan. 12 - 18 - Make Today Count!

Good morning fitdayers! I think we all made great strides last week! Maybe we were not always perfect, but I really believe we all did something better than we did the previous week. Besides, we're not aiming for perfection right? As they say, consistency is the key to success. Let's keep that momentum and make this another great week!

Old 01-12-2015, 12:56 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning, everyone.

Debbie, thanks for the pep talk. Great way to start out the week.

I'll try to get back to logging my food this week. May not be easy since I'm babysitting great-grandbaby three days this week, but I'll try.

I also need to be more mindful of drinking water and cut back on sodium intake.

Everyone have a great week!
Old 01-12-2015, 01:07 AM
FitDay Member

Back to check in! I was up before work this morning to get in my workout. Today was a core/cardio interval workout. It was tough to get up this morning, but so glad I did! This evening, I'll be putting my son's room back together after painting it this weekend and I'm also hoping to find time to get in some extra cadio....on top of cooking dinner and homework with the kids. Busy, busy!

This week I want to keep up with the am workouts, plus extra pm cardio at least 4 times like I did last week. For the weekend, I need to make sure I'm getting in enough water and keep the wine/snacks in check! I really struggle with the weekends! I'm so stretched to my max every week being a working mom that when the weekend comes, I end up rewarding myself too much. **sigh**

Mern - Great idea to start logging again. I really find it helpful to see exactly how my intake is adding up....it makes chosing the best options easier. Enjoy the time with your dear great-grandbaby!

Hope you all have an awesome day! I'll check back in later
Old 01-12-2015, 02:07 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning, Debbie and Mern.

This week I need to tackle my problem areas.
  • Dinner time and beyond
  • Water intake on Tuesday and Sunday

I still have to watch my breakfast and lunch intake, but the evening meal is the problem. I still have to keep up with water all week, but those are the days most likely to fail.
Old 01-12-2015, 02:07 AM
FitDay Member

Debbie, you always know how to start us off on a positive note.

Mern, logging is a good idea to keep things in check. Just do the best you can and enjoy great grandbaby.

Yesterday was terrible for me. I didn't even bother to count everything because it would have been completely discouraging and I might have caved even worse.

Today is a new day.

I wanted McDonald's this morning. Badly. A sausage egg mcmuffin w/ cheese AND an apple pie. I still really want that. But I came straight home after dropping the kids off. instead I had some of last night's leftover poppyseed chicken for about 250 calories. First win of the day.

I have my day planned out except for dinner. It all depends on if my daughter's softball game is on or getting cancelled due to rain last night.

Yesterday when I went grocery shopping I didn't buy any junk food that will be easy for me to grab. I know the family will be asking all week "What's there to eat??!!!" and they will drive me insane, but I have to get it out from under my nose. The one thing I did buy is stuff to make s'mores that Sara requested. And I had a marshmallow this morning, which is better than the 10 marshmallows I might normally take. I just have to do my best to stay out of the chocolate. ugh. weakness!!!

Oh, dangit. I just remembered the .75 pc of cheese and bite of turkey I had while making my daughter's lunch this morning. these bites of this and that add up quick!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 01-12-2015, 02:34 AM
FitDay Member

Good Monday Everyone!!

Let's "Git 'er done" this week.

I know the sense of accomplishment after last week's numbers, might lead to wanting to rest on our laurels, but we can make a repeat of last week!!

Besides, if I rest on my laurels too much, my laurels will spread!!!! TRUE STORY
Old 01-12-2015, 03:22 AM
Super Moderator

Good morning losers! I'm going to make today count.

Congrats Lisa on your first win of the day.

I think I may stick to the same goals I did last week.
Old 01-12-2015, 04:46 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by simplybea
Good Monday Everyone!!

Let's "Git 'er done" this week.

I know the sense of accomplishment after last week's numbers, might lead to wanting to rest on our laurels, but we can make a repeat of last week!!

Besides, if I rest on my laurels too much, my laurels will spread!!!! TRUE STORY
LOL! Good one Bea! I think I was resting on my laurels this weekend...gonna get it together so I too can git 'er done!
Old 01-12-2015, 05:32 AM
Super Moderator

1) water... lotsa water. 100 ounces a day
2) fruits and veggies. 3 servings per day
3) workout 3 times
4) be mindful of my eating
5) no visiting the ghost (middle of the night eating)
6) make or fix something
Old 01-12-2015, 07:14 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all I've been putting it off and trying to ignore it for a while, but my foot is KILLIN' me! Well, it's my big toe joint to be exact. It's got to the point that I'm wearing flat shoes everyday and that seemed to help. I made the mistake last week to try switching back to my high heels...which I literally wore all of 5 minutes. I walked to the bathroom at work then hobbled back to my desk realizing that was not a good idea. Well since then, the pain is back and although I'm still wearing flats, my foot hurts! I'm concerned that it's because I've been working out this past week. If I can't workout, I don't think I can lose weight unless I'm literally eating like a bird!

I have a doctors appointment set up for Wednesday. Hopefully she can give me some prescription grade anti inflammatories until I get an appointment with a foot doctor and hopefully get to the bottom of this. Who would have thought that such a small joint could cause so much darn pain!

This part of aging sucks! I've accepted the gray hairs that are showing up and the wrinkles that are starting under my eyes. But I can't accept that at 43 my feet hurt so much that I'm in pain sitting on my arse, in front of my computer...I'm not even moving and my toe is aching...BADLY!

Rant done....thanks for listening

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.