Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational Thread - Nov 3-9 Fall into Healthy Lifestyle >

Motivational Thread - Nov 3-9 Fall into Healthy Lifestyle

Community
Notices

Motivational Thread - Nov 3-9 Fall into Healthy Lifestyle

Old 11-05-2014, 04:10 PM
FitDay Member

My day is almost over. I ache all over. Driving that little tractor in the mud is a little like bull riding. Especially with the loose seat that keeps trying to throw me from the saddle.
Old 11-06-2014, 02:51 AM
FitDay Member

I'm back after a long absence--like since September. Never gave up entirely, but did myself no favors by going off the wagon. My goals the rest of this week are to eat on track and drink more water. I will pledge 5 minutes exercise and see if I can exceed that.

Mike, thanks for the shout out.

Quinn, welcome back!
Old 11-06-2014, 03:12 AM
FitDay Member

I'm sick!

At least I woke up early this morning with stuffed sinuses. I went back to sleep and woke up again with a sore throat and a headache. Now I look outside and there is wind and rain. I have to work out there today.
Old 11-06-2014, 04:14 AM
FitDay Member

Annette, so sorry you're sick. A lot of people near me are sick, too, with sinus and stomach ailments. Feel better soon!

Mike, the pup is ADORABLE!

Today's on-track menu:

Breakfast: CarbMaster dairy blend (fake yogurt) mixed with flaxmeal

Lunch: zero cholesterol omelet with broccoli and 1/3 light sundried tomato Flatout bread spread with Laughing Cow Queso Fresco Chipotle cream cheese

Snack: protein shake

Dinner: low net effective carb Dreamfields Penne Pasta with pork tenderloin and some of the pork cooking broth, broccoli slaw with ranch dressing, cooked broccoli or spinach

Evening snack: flaxmeal muffin spread with peanut butter and maybe a couple strawberries on the side
Old 11-06-2014, 07:50 AM
FitDay Member

OK, I did five minutes of very brisk aerobic walking in the house. May not sound like much, but I'm horribly out of shape and was huffing and puffing by the end. So I raised my body temp and heart rate. I'll try to do it again this evening as another baby step toward getting back to 30 minutes of aerobic walking, 5 days a week.

My crockpot pork tenderloin is filling the house with such a wonderful aroma. Y'all should be jealous. LOL
Old 11-06-2014, 08:26 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
OK, I did five minutes of very brisk aerobic walking in the house. May not sound like much, but I'm horribly out of shape and was huffing and puffing by the end. So I raised my body temp and heart rate. I'll try to do it again this evening as another baby step toward getting back to 30 minutes of aerobic walking, 5 days a week.

My crockpot pork tenderloin is filling the house with such a wonderful aroma. Y'all should be jealous. LOL
Hi Mern!

Nice to "see" you again! It's nice to be back. I'm getting back in with baby steps, too. Went for a long walk this morning in 33 degree weather with some pretty stiff winds. But, I bundled up and by the end I actually enjoyed it.

Time to figure out a healthy supper which is going to be a trick since tomorrow is my big shopping day. Can I come over for pork tenderloin??
Old 11-06-2014, 10:54 AM
FitDay Member

Quinn, you sure are a trooper taking a walk in such frigid temps and wind! Hats off to you on that! Sure, drive on down--I've got about 5-6 ounces pork tenderloin left over. LOL Oh, wow, it was soooo good.
Old 11-06-2014, 12:04 PM
FitDay Member

Mern, I woke to an inch of snow on the ground this morning, which was an improvement over the 3" that had been forecast. Dug out my down jacket that makes me look like the Michelin Man, ski gloves and hat, ipod and hikers and headed out. Low of 27 tonight. =( Scale is on a downward trajectory so I better not complain. lol Tomorrow, I may head out to my hiking trail in the woods for one last hike before the deer hunters start shooting.
Old 11-06-2014, 03:30 PM
FitDay Member

Mern, it was a false alarm. I left my window open overnight and it is fall. The neighbour has a nut tree in his yard, just under my bedroom window. So I was having an allergic reaction.
Tonight I either leave my window closed or take Benadryl to sleep.

I also had to laugh at your "Hat's off" comment to Quinn. It was so windy here today that my hat blew off in the wind.
Old 11-06-2014, 11:29 PM
FitDay Member

Quinn, I am so NOT ready for snow and cold. Michelin Man--LOL. Your scale is on a downward trajectory because you work so hard at getting it to do that. A friend of mine lives in a semi-rural community. Last year with his crossbow he shot a deer in his backyard from the comfort of his family room. Enjoy your walks before the hunters start shooting!

Annette, wow--I just noticed that you lowered your BMI by 3.7. Congratulations on great results from your efforts! Glad you're not getting sick, but those allergies can make one totally miserable. My worst winter allergy is to wood smoke from people burning wood to heat their homes. It gives me an instant headache and instant sinus congestion. I put on a painters' mask when approaching a couple houses while driving my grandson to school. Wishing you a good night sleep tonight however you can get it. Couldn't help but chuckle over your hat blowing off in the wind, either.

I did well yesterday on my restart. I even managed to not eat the chocolate caramels I found in the kitchen cabinet.

Today's planned menu:

Breakfast: zero cholesterol spinach omelet

Snack: protein shake

Lunch: ham and Queso Fresco Chipotle cream cheese on half a slice of sundried tomato flatbread and a side of low carb sweet and sour cucumbers

Dinner: baked boneless, skinless chicken breast, plain low carb pasta cooked in salted water (I actually love that--it's not a sacrifice), sauteed cabbage

Snack: cucumbers spread with soy nut butter, flaxmeal muffin

Last edited by Mern; 11-06-2014 at 11:35 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.