FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Motivation and Support (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/)
-   -   Motivational Thread - Nov 3-9 Fall into Healthy Lifestyle (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/11512-motivational-thread-nov-3-9-fall-into-healthy-lifestyle.html)

rainbow24 11-03-2014 01:55 AM

Motivational Thread - Nov 3-9 Fall into Healthy Lifestyle

INTAKE

For me it is all about recording the intake. I haven't been doing that lately. I have tried, but then fall off the wagon my dinner. The main things is that for blood sugar purposes, I need a healthy snack before bed. That is great if I look at my intake for the day and I see that I have room.

FIRST GOAL - record all foods, even after work

OUTPUT

Exercise. I had vowed to walk to work every day, but the rain really has been a deterrent. I am getting a decent upper body work out with the nature of the job. In fact given my condition, I wouldn't add to it. Besides my home weights are pretty wimpy compared to what I'm lifting on the farm.

SECOND GOAL - walk to and from work at least three days

TEMPTATION

Cook and eat what is easy. I then don't get my vegetables in and suffer with rash or hives.

THIRD GOAL - cook healthy dinners every day this week

01gt4.6 11-03-2014 03:04 AM

Good morning! I'm in, I need to be. I'll be setting goals for me and my Wonder Twin, Tori.

Me:
1) Lose 3 pounds
2) Drink 3L water per day
3) Be mindful of what I eat
4) Eat at least 3 fruits/veggies per day
5) Walk 3 miles

Tori:
1) Lose 1 pound
2) Take TBM for 5 walks
3) 60 oz of water per day

rainbow24 11-03-2014 03:50 AM

Hi Mike, glad to see you.

CSmith2048 11-03-2014 04:20 AM

Goals:

1) Get back to walking. The weather has been crazy here and I've used it as an excuse to slack on that. Need to shrug that off and get back to walking 3-5 days a week.

2) Record everything I eat. I pretty good about that but some times I miss it.

3) Keep my daily calories as close to 1700 as possible. This is the bottom of my range but I need to stay close to it. Especially as we get closer to the holidays.

rosabella2012 11-03-2014 08:11 AM

This weekend was COLD in the Deep South so I had to pull out some winter stuff. I pulled out an old favorite sweater and it fit! Comfortably, too! Size: 24W--that's a lot smaller than the 5X women's clothes I wore last winter that were stretched to the max! In fact, it's one size smaller than my 26 yr old daughter wears! Yeah me!

Now, I've got to fix a birthday dinner, cake included, for my grandson this weekend. An old habit of mine is to eat when I'm cooking, so I think I might invest in some pretty duct tape to cover my mouth and solve that problem! Vicki

01gt4.6 11-03-2014 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by rainbow24 (Post 112031)
Hi Mike, glad to see you.

Thanks Annette

Originally Posted by CSmith2048 (Post 112032)
Goals:

1) Get back to walking. The weather has been crazy here and I've used it as an excuse to slack on that. Need to shrug that off and get back to walking 3-5 days a week.

2) Record everything I eat. I pretty good about that but some times I miss it.

3) Keep my daily calories as close to 1700 as possible. This is the bottom of my range but I need to stay close to it. Especially as we get closer to the holidays.

Nice goals

Originally Posted by rosabella2012 (Post 112033)
This weekend was COLD in the Deep South so I had to pull out some winter stuff. I pulled out an old favorite sweater and it fit! Comfortably, too! Size: 24W--that's a lot smaller than the 5X women's clothes I wore last winter that were stretched to the max! In fact, it's one size smaller than my 26 yr old daughter wears! Yeah me!

Now, I've got to fix a birthday dinner, cake included, for my grandson this weekend. An old habit of mine is to eat when I'm cooking, so I think I might invest in some pretty duct tape to cover my mouth and solve that problem! Vicki

How deep is the Deep South? Where are you from?

01gt4.6 11-03-2014 12:09 PM

I took two of my dogs for a mile walk, went to the gym to workout and did a short .40 on the dreadmill. 1.40 for the day.

rosabella2012 11-03-2014 01:40 PM

Mike: I'm in southern Louisiana (Baton Rouge). Vicki

rainbow24 11-03-2014 02:40 PM

I decided that I don't need to bring the snow tires out at least until Nov 17. We are having unseasonably warm weather here. Problem is that its pouring down rain. The ground is saturated.
I want to walk to work, but once I get there I wouldn't be able to get past the puddle that is the parking area. The boots are just not good for walking.
At work, I lifted 5 to 10 pounds in each hand, 30 to forty times. Then I lifted 40 to 50 pound trays and carried them about 20 feet.
At least I got a good upper body workout.

I cooked chicken, rye biscuits, carrots, and broccoli for dinner.

One slip up today at the farm. I ate a Wagon Wheel. Only one, so I expect the only damage it did was to my blood sugar level.

01gt4.6 11-04-2014 01:58 AM

Originally Posted by rosabella2012 (Post 112036)
Mike: I'm in southern Louisiana (Baton Rouge). Vicki

Whoa, I'm in Slidell.:D