Notices

Accountability and Motivational Thread - June 23 - 29

Old 06-27-2014, 05:13 PM
FitDay Member

I thought I posted this, but then didn't see it anywhere, so if this is duplicate info, please forgive me.

I am really proud of myself because with diet alone I lost 2.2lbs this past week. My back had been out so I couldn't exercise, but I still managed an excellent loss. I took my inches and I've lost 8 inches around my different measurement points on my body this past month. I am VERY excited about that!

The thing that has me stumped is that when I was eating 1200cal or less/day, I wasn't losing anything. When I was eating around 1400/day I was losing about a lb a week. This past week my calories were averaging over 1600/day and I lost more than 2 lbs. i will never figure this mystery out!

I have 10 lbs to go until my next mini goal. I should put that in my signature so I keep seeing it. I can't wait to get there!!! It's a mini goal but it will be a BIG day!

Nyda, super job on the 3 lbs! I updated your weigh in for you on the other thread.

Mern, your strawberry cream cheese quesadilla sounds really good! So glad you are back with us and good for you for recommitting.

Jenn, yea for you on the lb gone!

Hope, we're all here for you and each other in this crazy journey!
Old 06-28-2014, 01:24 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by adyndravo1
Hello all. I had a good day one the scale. I lost 3 pounds.. I worked again today. I think I need to find a foot doctor. My feet are really bothering me. Other wise not a bad day. Hope the rain clears out so I can finish my weeding of the front flower beds. Going to the growers market in the morning to see what I can find. Might take the dog with me.
Mern my sister used to get the Diamond Almond milk she likes it but she did not use it enough and it would go bad and it does not freeze well at all. So happy to hear about the weight lose.

Hope Hang in there it will get better soon. I know from experience. Keep a positive attitude.
Debbie way to go on the lose.

Drank my water did not buy any junk food today(forgot and left my purse home)
And I posted. See you all to morrow.
Nyda

Congrats on the loss!!!Three pounds wow!!!

I am the only one in my house that uses Almond milk and I don't use it that often but you can get a smaller one. It is not refrigerated; it's in the health food aisle.

Thanks for you good wishes. I hope your feet feel better. I have not found a great foot doctor where I am but I hope you find one where you are.
Old 06-28-2014, 01:27 AM
FitDay Member

Jenai, thank you. Congrats on your loss!!! I know it's crazy but sometimes I lose more on more calories. Go figure. In fact, I had my calories set at 1200 and I couldn't do it, kept going over and giving up so now I'm aiming for 1500.
Old 06-28-2014, 03:03 AM
FitDay Member

Yesterday I did really well with the snacking. Took doctor's advice and didn't have my evening snack in front of the TV. I pre-planned a healthful snack that contained protein and fat to curb hunger pangs. I had two large ribs of celery--one stuffed with soy nut butter and the other with Laughing Cow reduced fat cream cheese. Satisfying, quite yummy, and carried me through until bedtime. Pre-planning my menu, including snacks, is key to sticking with my plan--without that I exceed my carb, fat, and protein guidelines.

Debbie, it's amusing that you thought of your Danish Toast (ooh, that sounds yummy, too!) because my strawberry cream cheese pita also reminded me of a snack staple of mine back in the 1970s that was an apricot Danish grilled in butter. The crust on the pita tasted so much like the crust on the apricot Danish grilled in butter. For this pita I used Joseph's Flax, Oat Bran & Whole Wheat Pita Bread that has 50 calories, 1g total fat, zero sat fat, zero cholesterol, 5g protein 7g carbs and 3g fiber, so only 4 net carbs for a whole one ounce pita. I found them in the deli department of Walmart. I have a fresh peach and am going to try a peach cream cheese pita today.

Nyda, congratulations on that three pound weight loss! Aw, I hope you find a doctor for help with your sore feet. You surely are getting a lot of exrecise working around your place! Thanks for the recommendation on the Diamond Almond milk--I think that's available here. I've been looking at the shelf tags and grabbing the least expensive one. So far, the three unsweetened vanilla brands I've tried all taste equally delicious. (I got Meijer brand yesterday--a grocery store chain brand.) If I see the Diamond brand next time I'm restocking, I'll try it. I wondered about how almond milk freezes--I suspect they're all the same in that area. Congrats on your daily report. I'm going to take a hint from you and simplify my reports--I think I can still have good accountability without typing all my numbers each day.

Jenai, thanks for your welcome back and support. Yesterday I was sure I had posted something that never showed up. It may have been a glitch on FitDay. Wow, major kudos on your weight loss and inches lost! I also have found that I lose weight better at a more liberal low calorie diet--around 1500 calories as opposed to 1200. I'm glad you mentioned that. Even my doctor acknowledged that people are different and their nutrition requirements may vary from someone else's. So it appears that Hope, you, and I ALL require more than 1200 calories per day to prevent starvation mode and promote weight loss. I'll bet there are others here who made the same discovery. Ooh, I love that "goodbye 240's!!! in your signature. Sounds motivating! I'm rooting for you for your mini goal. I don't have one right now.
Old 06-28-2014, 03:45 AM
FitDay Member

Fried egg substitute: I love zero cholesterol egg blend for omelets, scrambled eggs, in recipes, but it took me a long time to figure out how to get zero cholesterol egg blend (like Egg Beaters) to taste like a fried egg: buy separate containers of egg WHITES and regular yellow blend. Whether in a skillet or microwave, I first pour the whites. Then VERY GENTLY pour the yellow egg blend into the center of the whites. When it's cooked I spray a little butter spray on top. Now I don't miss fried eggs at all.

I got on the computer to catch up with our thread and by the time I started planning my menu to post, I looked at the clock and saw it was 11AM and I hadn't eaten breakfast yet.

Brunch: Zero cholesterol eggs spread with reduced fat Laughing Cow cream cheese and rolled up in low sodium deli ham (great substitute for a fast food breakfast sandwich) and a yummy glass of almond milk.

Snack: will try a fresh peach and reduced fat cream cheese pita if my peach is ripe enough--otherwise I'll do strawberry.

Dinner: baked chicken, sauteed cauliflower with turkey bacon (hopefully low sodium if I find it at the store to which I'm headed) sliced tomatoes.

Evening snack: flaxmeal muffin and celery stuffed with soy nut butter.
Old 06-28-2014, 04:05 AM
Super Moderator

Great tip about the fried egg! Thanks!
Old 06-28-2014, 05:51 AM
FitDay Member

You're welcome, Kathy.
Old 06-28-2014, 07:26 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all! Hope everyone is having a fabulous Saturday! It's a beautiful sunny day here! We took the kids to the park to play, then my son and I went off to do groceries together...now the kids are in the pool. I swear he's a different child when it's just the two of us! No whining about being bored He loves the time alone...just the two of us...he's so happy to pick out the groceries for me. I cherish that time with him too! My DH is absorbed in World Cup right now...but later we're off to buy the kids new bikes. I know they'll be so excited to pick out their bikes!

So I tried acupuncture this morning and discovered it is soooo not for me! The therapist said I wouldn't feel a thing.....not the case! He hit a nerve...which I didn't know if it was normal or not...then he tapped it again and hit the nerve, then started twisting it! I freaked and told him to take it out!! Well so much for that...at least I tried...but it is not for me!

Mern - Thanks for sharing your fried egg substitute! What a great idea! I wish we had the same selection of high fibre/low carb/low cal bread in Canada that you have in the US! Calling all Canadians...am I missing something...do you know of any high fibre/low carb/low cal bread available in our fab, awesome country!?!?!

Hope - I too am the only one who drinks almond milk in my house, so sometimes some of it does go to waste unfortunately. Come to think of it...I'm the only one who eats fruits and veggies too...well my daughter does eat some fruit. My kids see the fruits and veggies in the fridge and call it 'mommy food'! Hopefully I'm setting some kind of example and someday they try different foods!

Jenai - Proud of yourself...as you should be lady! You've been so consistent losing weight!! I'm happy to hear that you feel pride That's awesome that you're seeing a difference in your measurements! So motivating right!?!?! You should take pictures too! Back in September when I recommitted to getting back in shape, I took pictures. A few months later, I thought I wasn't seeing any results for my hard work. I was ready to give up! I took another set of pictures and was astonished at the changes I saw! It motivated me to continue on!

Nyda - 3 lbs.?!?! Woohoo!!! Congrats lady! Did you find anything new to try at the growers market?

Terri and Aimee - Hope you're having fun visiting family!!! Missing you both!

Mike - How's it going? How's the stress level...are you writing list to organize all your thoughts and ideas about the new home? It may help! Hope you're doing well!

Bea - Hope all is well and your absence here doesn't mean you're struggling. Post again when you're ready...you are missed!

Accountability Update:

Daily Goals
96 oz. water - Mon. 104 oz., Tues. 96 oz., Wed. 96 oz., Thurs. 96 oz., Fri. 104 oz.
40/40/20ish macros (P/C/F) - Mon. 50/38/12, Tues. 44/44/12, Wed. 39/36/25, Thurs. 44/38/18, Fri. 30/52/19
Stay under 1200 cals - Mon. 807 cals, Tues. 892 cals., Wed. 1040 cals, Thurs. - 1396 cals, Fri. 1566 cals
Burn 500 cals minimum - Mon. 508 cals, Tues. 590 cals., Wed. 633 cals, Thurs. 521 cals., Fri. 543 cals.
8 hours of sleep - Mon. 7.5 hours, Tues. 9 hours!!, Wed. 8 hours, Thurs. 7 hours, Fri. 9 hours again
Weigh in on Mondays - Mon. yes, Fri. weighed again
Old 06-28-2014, 03:59 PM
FitDay Member

Debbie, it was sunny here today but hot and humid. Aw, that's great that you had such a wondertul time with the kids and special one-on-one time with your son. Did you get the bikes for your kids? If so, what kind did they pick out? OMG, I've never tried acupuncture and I'm so sorry you had to endure such pain. Good for you for telling him to take it out. Milk, bread, and fried eggs are three of the foods I missed most in controlling my previously high cholesterol and blood sugar without meds and now I have yummy substitutes for all of them. I hope some Canadians know where you can get some good bread. Hungry Girl and Joseph's are so yummy that I no longer miss regular loaf bread. I wish there were Chinese restaurants that have low carb, low fat, low sodium sesame chicken and lo mein. I know I can make those things at home to fit my food plan, but those are not Chinese foods DH eats.

I had a good day today foodwise. No formal excercise, but I did plenty housework and errands that involved walking and then babysat my 10 month old great-granddaughter who crawls at the speed of light and is walking with a push walker. I could put up baby gates to pen her in more so I could sit down more when she's here, but she loves exploring so I have gates only by the stairs. She provides me with a good workout. LOL

Birthday party picnic tomorrow for my 10 year old grandson. I'll tote along low carb bread for my hamburger and diet lemonade to drink. I'll have a teeny sliver of birthday cake to honor my grandson and chase it down with a flax meal muffin. Tuesday is a trip to the zoo with my great-granddaughter and her Mommy, and I have no idea what food is like there, so I'll just do my best as I do not intend to lug food around there.

Wishing everyone a wonderful Sunday!

Last edited by Mern; 06-28-2014 at 04:06 PM.
Old 06-28-2014, 07:02 PM
FitDay Member

Mern, exercise comes in all forms and chasing a baby around is one of them, for sure, as well as housework!

Debbie, so sorry the acupuncture didn't work for you. That's a bummer. Happy for you getting to spend quality time with your son, though. I love spending the one on one time with mine as well.

I'm feeling less than motivated. I tried easing back into exercising, but last night's workout repulled something in there. Not terribly, but enough where it's uncomfortable and tender. Frustrated. Just not feeling like making myself move. I'm losing weight at a steady pace, which I'm really glad about. I know if I don't exercise I will never tone up all that hanging flab. You would think the fear of that alone would be enough to motivate me. lol I'm just kind of in a funk, and I hope this cloud lifts soon. I was so gung ho last week while I was out of commission. All I wanted to do was exercise and couldn't. Now that I can, I have no interest. I'm still thinking being on totm might be having an impact on me.

I had a milkshake again today. 2nd time in 2 weeks. I was still within my calorie count for the day, just lower on protein and fiber than some other days. Oh well, it's done and over, I enjoyed it, nothing I can do about it now, so there's no point in dwelling on it...right?

Hope everyone has a good Sunday!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.