Notices

Accountability and Motivational Thread - June 23 - 29

Old 06-27-2014, 02:28 AM
FitDay Member

Accountability Update:

Making this simple as I re-entered and re-committed late in the week.

Wednesday: recommitted

Thursday: thought up some stuff I need to resume--like stocking up on healthful foods and menu planning. Biggest issue (because I'm good on food during the day) is to pre-plan and have ready a healthful evening snack and not eat in in front of the TV.

Friday: weighed in and was delighted with a "whoosh" since Wednesday. Planning on going to the grocery store today after treating my grandkids to as healthful a lunch out as I can get them to eat. I'll have grilled chicken sandwich on a toted-from-home low carb pita bread, and a fruit cup or side salad.
Old 06-27-2014, 02:29 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by lildebbieg
Hi Mern You're very right...I'm already very nicely in my healthy weight range for my height. If I stay at this weight forever, that would be just fine really. It's healthy for sure! I just personally feel more comfortable in the one-hundred-somethingteen zone. You see, I carry my weight in my stomach so any extra weight I have on makes fitting into clothes more difficult. If my hips are a size 2, then my waist is a size 5 or even 7! Guess I'm a solid apple...definitely no pear shape here! As for choking down the broccoli....I love veggies and not sure why I wasn't feelin' the broc last night. Guess I just wasn't in the mood for it? I too love almond milk...maybe I was the one who told you about it? I normally drink unsweetened, vanilla Almond Breeze but this week I bought Silk to try and I really like it! What brand are you drinking? I'm curious because I don't find either Almond Breeze of Silk to be thick at all?
I also drink the Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Breeze. How does the Silk compare?
I hear ya about the broccoli. I was feeling that way a bit about salad, even though there are so many ways to make em.

Last edited by canary52; 06-27-2014 at 02:38 AM.
Old 06-27-2014, 02:36 AM
FitDay Member

Mern, I rebel against accountability too. I NEED to stretch daily or I can't move. But short walks help. I have to try not to overdo which just sets me back.

Also I might go back to meal planning, which seems to work best for me.

Thank you, FD family, for not giving up on me. I won't either! And I will try and help support you!!!
Old 06-27-2014, 02:57 AM
FitDay Member

Debbie, I understand now why you'd like to be in the one-hundred-somethingteen zone. I'm an apple, too. My waist is a way bigger size than my hips. Oh, I did wonder why you ate broccoli if you don't really like it, since there are so many healthful green veggie options. I thought it may have been you or Robin who suggested the almond milk to me.

Debbie and Hope, clarification on the thickness of almond milk: it may not be too thick for anyone else's taste. My first carton of almond milk WAS the unsweetened Silk vanilla flavor. My second carton (which I'm on now) is Great Value (Walmart brand) "Vanilla Almondmilk Unsweetened." I found those two brands to have the same consistency. When I was drinking cows' milk years ago I drank 2% because I didn't like the thickness of regular vitamin D milk. I think I just prefer something thinner with meals and snacks, even though I enjoy my low carb protein shakes thicker than Vitamin D milk.

Hope, thanks for the tip on the short walks helping with back pain, too.

Everyone, I echo Hope's thoughts on appreciating the fact that this group never gave up on me. It was never my intent to give up entirely and I can say with certainty that I never will. I just tend to run away and hide sometimes--which I know is self-defeating and I must quit doing that.
Old 06-27-2014, 03:05 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning all. Just finished cutting about half of the back lawn--25min exercise. Boy oh boy I do not like the 80% humidity though. Grass was still a little wet but had to do it before it got too hot.

I'm down 1lb since last week--YAY!! I'm sure I'm retaining water too though because I could barely get my watch on this morning. Now to keep the momentum going.
Jenn
Old 06-27-2014, 03:36 AM
FitDay Member

Jenn - Congrats on your loss this week!!

Mern - How interesting that you find the Silk brand thick. It's good that you can water it down to your liking and still enjoy it! I love that it has 30% of the RDA for calcium in one serving! Don't feel too bad about running away when you need to....I think we've all done it at least once!

Hope - I like both brands, but I think the Silk brand may be a bit creamier? I mostly use it for protein shakes, but if I'm hungry and want something low cal, I sometimes have a glass without any added protein. Give up on you?!?!?! Not a chance lady! We're all here to help one another...give support when you're feeling strong and when you need support, that's when friends are here to help you along.
Old 06-27-2014, 06:18 AM
FitDay Member

Jenn, yay!!! I hope to have a loss next week too!!!

Debbie, thank you so much! You guys really saved me now. It's so good to have the support and to know that I am not alone, that others face (and overcome!) these struggles too.
I am gonna try the Silk. You and Mern got me thinking about adding protein shakes in to my plan again. I get bored with food easily and this might be a good way to change things up a bit!!!

When we have pain, the tendency is not to move. But small amounts of movement are actually healing.
Old 06-27-2014, 11:16 AM
FitDay Member

I thought I posted this, but I guess I didn't.

I had the most delicious grilled strawberry/cream cheese pita earlier today. One could adapt it to virtually any diet--low fat, low carb, whatever and you can add the ingredients to taste on whatever kind of bread you like. Mine was:

--about an ounce of cream cheese mixed with vanilla protein powder until still spreadable. I spread that inside a low carb pita bread, but one could use flatbread, a tortilla, whatever..
--then I tossed sliced strawberries with a little more vanilla protein powder and placed them inside the pita bread.
--sprayed the pita bread on both sides with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray and grilled it in a non-stick skillet until heated through.

It tasted like I was cheating, but I wasn't and it was sooooo yummy and healthful.

Jenn, being down a pound from last week while still retaining water is great! Just think of how good you'll feel when that water breaks loose! Kudos on the grass cutting exercise. It's really humid here, too, and the air conditioning in my car is not working. The car is 14 years old and we just put an $800+ repair into it for struts, spring coils/coil springs (whatever they're called) and something else a few weeks ago, so I think I'll just put up with it having no A/C.

Debbie, yes, almond milk is a wonderful source of calcium and because of that I can cut down on higher fat dairy like cheese and yogurt that I used as my primary daily source of calcium. Now can also enjoy fruit smoothies made with almond milk--I was using vanilla protein powder for smoothies before. You're such a sweetie--I'll try to run away less often, but will always know you'll welcome me back.

Hope, thanks for the reminder that small amounts of movement when we are in pain are actually healing.
Old 06-27-2014, 11:31 AM
FitDay Member

Mern! That strawberry cream cheese pita sounds yummo! I would have never thought to grill it!!! Reminds me of an old staple that I haven't made in years! I used to called it 'Danish Toast'. It was back in my Weight Watchers days...I used low cal bread, toasted, and spread it with light cream cheese and topped it with sugar free strawberry preserves. Yum! Now that I try to keep my carbs rather low, I rarely eat bread anymore. I should find a high fibre one that reduces the net carbs and enjoy some Danish Toast again!
Old 06-27-2014, 04:41 PM
FitDay Member

Hello all. I had a good day one the scale. I lost 3 pounds.. I worked again today. I think I need to find a foot doctor. My feet are really bothering me. Other wise not a bad day. Hope the rain clears out so I can finish my weeding of the front flower beds. Going to the growers market in the morning to see what I can find. Might take the dog with me.
Mern my sister used to get the Diamond Almond milk she likes it but she did not use it enough and it would go bad and it does not freeze well at all. So happy to hear about the weight lose.

Hope Hang in there it will get better soon. I know from experience. Keep a positive attitude.
Debbie way to go on the lose.

Drank my water did not buy any junk food today(forgot and left my purse home)
And I posted. See you all to morrow.
Nyda

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.