Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational Thread - March 3 - March 9 >

Motivational Thread - March 3 - March 9

Community
Notices

Motivational Thread - March 3 - March 9

Old 03-07-2014, 10:24 AM
Super Moderator

So glad to see so many familiar faces again. I've been dealing with a lot lately and have really been in a funk. I know I need to come on back because this really is some great support. I guess I can start by making some weekend goals.

Diet stuff:
1) Drink a lot of water. (This has always been a strong point, drinking 100+ oz, was never really a problem. I'm down to one or two 16.9 oz bottles a day)
2) Log my food. (I don't remember when the last time was)
3) Weigh in and log my weight (It's been too long for that too)
4) Try to make better food choices (pffft, you don't even want to know)

Get my head right/ relieve stress stuff:
5) Go for a walk (even if it's just a mile or two)
6) Go for a bike ride (motor... not pedal)
7) Spend a little extra time outside
8) Break out the camera and take at least one good picture
9) Send some brass down range (if time allows)
10) Pray for good things to come and think about crap that makes me happy.

I guess that's enough for now.
Old 03-07-2014, 11:04 AM
FitDay Member

April, congrats on your controlled "cheat." I have no excuse--I DID make some fairly decent microwave cookies (dump and taste-no recipe) with protein powder, unsweetened cocoa powder, unsweetened coconut, egg substitute and water. I took them with me to the fish fry and my meal was on plan, but I didn't say no to the brownie I spied on the dessert table. Honestly, I didn't even TRY to fight it. Back on track as of this minute.

Mike, welcome back! So sorry to learn life was kicking you in the rear lately. I hope your time here gives you a lift. Yeah, you don't need to tell us what all you've been eating--no sense dwelling on that--just start anew like you intend to. Sounds like good plans for your diet stuff and for relieving stress. What's "shoot some brass down range?" Is that target practice at the shooting range? Couldn't help but smile over your wording of "Think about CRAP that makes me happy."

Last edited by Mern; 03-07-2014 at 11:09 AM.
Old 03-07-2014, 11:08 AM
Super Moderator

Mern, Thanks! That's exactly what that means. For me, shooting is a great stress reliever.
Old 03-07-2014, 11:52 AM
FitDay Member

Good evening all! Checking in with my weekly goals....

1. Track calories - M - yes, Tu - yes, W - yes, Th - yes, F - yes
2. Exercise 7x (scheduled morning interval workout) - M - yes, T - yes, W - yes, Th - yes, F - yes
3. Do doubles (second workout) 4x - 1X T - yes, 2X W - yes, 3X Th - yes, 4x F - yes
4. Drink 3 litres of water daily - M - yes, T - yes, W - yes, Th - yes, F - yes
5. No alcohol - M - yes, T - yes, W - yes, Th - yes, F - ummmm, nope!

So not all green today, but at least by counting calories and logging my exercise, I see that I broke even today. That, I can take! So hard to not indulge on the weekends, but I'm going to try my best to keep it in check!
Old 03-07-2014, 11:24 PM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone,

First time posting in this section.

I know what will work for me. 3 meals a day, no sugar, salt, white flour! That is the foundation for success for me.

This is the first time I have ever kept a journal and counted calories EVER (did I happen to mention I am 50 -lol).

I have gone a couple of days this week without any bread products and actually felt really good. I had 1 apple and 1 banana total during the week.

Yesterday was a learning experience!

I think I was trying to see how few calories I could get away with. Can I say I failed spectacularly! I didn't really plan lunch, so had an apple and a banana..... not good for the sugar addicted soul. I ended up making a grilled cheese in the afternoon, which left me not really hungry at supper so I baked a small potato........ which left me hungry before bed...... 2 apples and a banana later.... I felt like crap. Calories ended up over 1500.. mostly carbs and sugar. I already highlighted how I felt! Lesson learned. Plan meals and eat protein with each meal. On a good note 9 solid hours sleep last night! I feel like a new woman.

While yesterday wasn't a complete washout it was not good. So my accountability for today:

3 meals and nothing else but coffee and water.
No fruit today! I had enough yesterday lol.
Protein with every meal
Enjoy the food I do cook
Get out in the sunshine
Be grateful for LIFE!

Have a fantastic Saturday everyone!
Old 03-08-2014, 12:52 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome back Mike This is a good place to hang out for some support. Post that good photo when you take it. I am going to try and get some of the ice fishing village that is developing on the Bay in front of my place. Hopefully it's their last weekend.

I am annoyed at dining out. I was out with friends last night - great time - preplanned how much wine and what food I would have and stuck to my plan. Had lots of laughs but my weight is up over a pound. Calories went a little above anticipated as the servings were likely all twice a serving size. . I expect the issue is a sudden increase in salt as I have been not eating any prepared foods the past couple weeks. Hopefully the gain will go away as fast as it came!
Old 03-08-2014, 01:22 AM
FitDay Member

The jump start diet is challenging to say the least. It is very hard to stay under 800 calories and I was over by the end of the day. I walked for 45 minutes on the treadmill and was supposed to get in another exercise session later in the day but I was too tired. I did get my eight glasses of water in and found that the easiest thing to do. Drink 2 glasses before every meal and one between meals plus tea and coffee so I was going to the bathroom a lot.
Then there is the 40/40/20 rule: 40%protein 40%carbs 20%fat and unlimited vegetables. No complex carbs after breakfast, I had sweet potato fries with supper. I am down one pound this morning. Yay.

Day 1 March 7 175
Day 2 March 8 174

All in all I think it was a good day, not perfect but good.
Old 03-08-2014, 01:53 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome back Mike!! I was thinking about you the other day since I saw a king cake on Rachael Ray. I like how you say "that's enough for now"--um that's a long list! I'm with you on the stress relieving, yesterday wasn't so good for me.

Welcome Bea!

I did well on lunch option but I seemed to be hungry all afternoon and felt like I was nibbling. I did drink lots of water so hopefully that will offset it.
I managed to lose half a pound this week--better than nothing.

Jenn
Old 03-08-2014, 03:17 AM
FitDay Member

debbie, only 1 red the whole week so far. I think that's fantastic! So much exercise!

Hello Bea!

Mern, so glad you are enjoying the flatouts! Isn't the wheat flavor in the wheat/flax so good? I think it is. And yes, I think that's what is happening with the soda. Just a little bit and I'm back to feeling famished and craving more sugar.

Libby, your jump start plan seems sooo hard! How long will you be at 800 calories? That seems too low to me. Great job on that pound gone!

Well, yesterday was a big huge fail for me. I didn't care how much frosting I ate, and although I did measure and log, I don't want to admit how many Tbsp's I actually did have. I had 1 1/2 sodas. I shared some nachos. But hey, I only had 1 piece of cake! lol But then I had ice cream to go with it.

Ok, so I fell off the wagon with a gigantic thud. But I'm back at it today. I'd like to try to get in an exercise session or two this weekend, but I don't know if that will be possible. Daughter is taking the car most of the day and night today. Since I won't be out I will not be going through any drive thru's do pick up any soda. I will be home with nothing but what's in the pantry, which is mostly not bad. I think hubby wants pizza tonight. I will be making another HG Flatout Thin Spicy Italian crust with lots of great stuff on it...minus all the oil this time. Can't wait for that! I better get the onions started in the crock pot so hopefully they're done in time.

Son's birthday was real nice. He got a tablet both for storing/listening to music as well as going on the internet with it. He seemed to like it. He got 2 of the same CD's, so he'll be taking one back and getting something else. We had a nice time. Even my older daughter sat and visited with us, which is very unusual for her. My younger daughter is already telling us all the things she wants for her birthday...and it's in December! lol

Hopefully some better things to report tomorrow.
Old 03-08-2014, 03:19 AM
FitDay Member

6 glasses of water M-Y T-Y W-N T-N F-Y
800 calorie limit M-N T-N W-N T-N F-almost
Exercise 3X M-Y T-Y W-N T-N F-Y
Lose 1 pound Not this week

I already have 4 glasses of water in and 50 min walking on the tread mill.
Breakfast was 1 packet steel cut oats with 1 tsp. cinnamon, a cup of mango and pineapple and a cup of coffee with 1% milk. That will keep me full for a few hours. So far so good.

Jump start is only for 3 weeks. I want to lose 10 pounds before Easter when we are getting together with all the in-laws.

Last edited by libby116; 03-08-2014 at 03:35 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.