Notices

Motivational Thread - March 3 - March 9

Old 03-05-2014, 09:38 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Mern - Yes, it is possible for me to limit wine to the weekends only. In fact, doing just that and not counting calories is how I've lost the weight so far. But even having a little wine on the weekends would make me retain water and then I end up spending the week trying to make up for the weekend. For whatever reason, the month of February, I was having wine on some week nights again and I wasn't being as diligent with my nutrition....this is how I've gained weight over time. I'm just trying to tighten things up this week to get the scale moving again

Enjoy your day today with your dear grandbaby!!!

Last edited by lildebbieg; 03-05-2014 at 09:47 PM.
Old 03-05-2014, 10:13 PM
FitDay Member

Debbie, I highly commend you for working on your wine weight gain issue. I don't drink much alcohol (maybe 3 or 4 light beers a year with a pizza cheat--I gotta have beer with it. LOL) and had no idea that the wine causes water retention. Is that your body's reaction to alcohol having a tendency to dehydrate or something? I'm up early to get my menu planned and get in some exercise before my great-grandbaby comes. I don't expect you to read the following if you're pressed for time, as I often am myself--you can consider it "optional chit-chat." Gosh, great-granddaughter is the light of my life--such a fun baby and at only 6 months old, has a wonderful sense of humor. She has her own way of doing things, different from the many babies I've taken care of over the years. One example: when she doesn't want any more baby food, instead of spitting it out or holding her lips tight so the feeder can't get in another spoonful, she accepts the last spoonful as if she's going to eat it, but then holds her tongue out for like a minute to a minute and a half until most of that spoonful of food drips off her tongue onto the high chair tray. Not well-mannered, but I'd rather she do that than my getting a mouthful of strained carrots spit at me. I suppose I could wipe it off her tongue for her, but I'm hoping she'll get tired of having hold it out like that and will just swallow the last spoonful and turn her head or hold her lips tight to indicate she doesn't want any more. And she prefers to sit on the arm of my recliner chair (her perch) to drink her bottle or to read a book with me. If I sit elsewhere, she makes her special grunting noise, indicating she's not where she wants to be, until I move to that chair. That's now become a game for her and she smiles when she's grunting. LOL But other people can feed her or read to her anywhere at her house or at mine.

Everyone, I so much appreciate all the support I get here!

Jedi, I logged my food yesterday and was thrilled to be able to eat REAL BREAD--a full serving of Flatout bread--and have a day of totally delicious, satisfying food, within my healthful eating plan guidelines, without going hungry. Thanks SO MUCH for the recommendation! I'm trying the Joseph's Heart Friendly Pita Bread from Walmart today.

Today's planned menu, pre-logged with portion sizes:

Zero cholesterol egg substitute, fresh spinach, and turkey bacon on half a low carb pita bread

Protein shake

Tuna salad with ranch dressing instead of mayo, and a side of sliced cucumber and green pepper

Sauteed cabbage, Eden brand black soybeans (1 net carb per half cup) cooked with a little dehydrated onion, fully cooked smoked porked shoulder, and a little water until the beans are more softened--the beans come slightly al dente/firm. I'll have just two oz. of the pork shoulder.

Protein shake with flaxmeal, and celery stuffed with soy nut butter. (The soy nut butter is edible, but I wouldn't buy it again. I first discovered it Sunday at the healthfood store. It isn't very creamy--too thick--and has the flavor of stale peanut butter in which the oil is going rancid.)

Last edited by Mern; 03-05-2014 at 11:13 PM.
Old 03-06-2014, 12:38 AM
FitDay Member

Debbie - If I'm socializing I find the best way to avoid the wine - or other alcohol - is to have a glass of anything else. As long as I am sipping - even water - I don't miss the wine. I like my wine and lately on social occasions have been having one glass then water. If I have a plan before the occasion arises I find I will usually stick to it. Decide before hand how much if any you are going to have and stick to it. Sometimes none is easier than 1.

I also live out of town so have to be my own DD. This helps me make up my mind. Taxis are expensive here.

Mern = I am looking forward to the extra daylight in the evening. I'm making plans to get out cross country skiing in the next few weeks. I love the longer days. I expect I will adjust to the early mornings or I may be going in to work a bit later.

Last day before weight in everyone. make it a good one.
Old 03-06-2014, 01:26 AM
FitDay Member

Mern - I love to hear about your great-granddaughter! She sounds absolutely precious! What a character! So funny that she just lets the food drip off her tongue Oh and yes, alcohol has a dehydrating effect...that's what causes the hangover.

Mary - I'm looking forward to the extra daylight too! I plan to be in bed early this weekend in anticipation of how tired I'll be for the first week after the clocks go ahead. When I have wine on the weekends, it's usually at home. I have young children so I rarely go out for social stuff. I guess wine has become a treat in a sense. Probably not the best thing to treat myself with! ....but I do love a glass of wine with my dinner and maybe one while relaxing in the evening after the kids are in bed. Just have to keep it to the weekends

Everyone - I second Mern's appreciation of everyone here! I sincerely feel that checking in here helps me tremendously to stay on track. Reading all of your weekly goals has even inspired me to set short term goals as well! So thank you

Have a great day all!
Old 03-06-2014, 04:47 AM
Banned

Hi ladies, you all seem to be doing well fitness wise/personal wise... I can attest to the little ones...my niece/neph are a handful

I've been so busy last few weeks with work...hard to check in during the week with you all.

I'm doing well this week...so we'll see just how well on tomorrow morning!

I'm my off days I try to work out in the mornings as well....hopefully I get to work out this evening
Old 03-06-2014, 08:25 AM
FitDay Member

Simple goals for first week back
1. post on this thread at least once daily M: Y, T: Y, W: Y, T: Y,
2. workout daily and record in diary how I feel from it M: Y, T: Y, W: Y, T: Y,
3. do not eat anything that I didn't bring to work with me or plan unless it's fruit M: Y, T: Y, W: Y, T: Y,
4. at least three work cups of ice water daily M: Y, T: Y (2 but lots extra at home, W: Y,

Weighed in for this week's weight challenge at work down .4 lbs from last Friday. I had to weigh in a day early because I have an appt tomorrow morning and I will eat before I get here LOL. That's pretty good considering today surprise started TOTM! I had gained 7 lbs since we started this weight challenge and between the last two weeks have lost 1 of them. Better down than up is all I can say. My tone is coming back already though just from exercising daily. I really need to stop that thought that I can get away without exercising. I get flabby, FAST!

Looks like mostly everyone is having a good week. Let's keep going!! The weekend is coming and it's hubby's off work weekend so I will be lazier and tend to eat more since he is home with me all day & night but I will make myself workout. I'm saying it now. So hopefully I can stick to it.

I did get up before work today even though he didn't need to and worked out. I told him last night how hard that is for me and he offered to get up with me in the morning. Awwww! He did help me make sure that I got out of bed this morning in time though, after we spent some time together in bed. He woke me before my alarm knowing that I hate alarm clocks. All week when he works, his alarm goes off then he wakes me up. Today he woke up on his own then woke me 20 mins before my alarm went off so we could spend some time together. I am so blessed!
Old 03-06-2014, 11:29 AM
FitDay Member

Well, this is it...tomorrow is weigh day I can sincerely said I did all I could this week (not that the week is over just yet!) and gave it my all!

1. Track calories - M - yes, Tu - yes, W - yes, Th - yes
2. Exercise 7x (scheduled morning interval workout) - M - yes, T - yes, W - yes, Th - yes
3. Do doubles (second workout) 4x - 1X T - yes, 2X W - yes, 3X Th - yes
4. Drink 3 litres of water daily - M - yes, T - yes, W - yes, Th - yes
5. No alcohol - M - yes, T - yes, W - yes, Th - yes

April - your husband sounds like a real sweetheart I'm so lucky to also be blessed with a wonderful husband. It makes all the difference to have someone in your corner cheering you on and doing what they can to make things easier.

Later buddies
Old 03-06-2014, 02:52 PM
FitDay Member

Argh....my computer decided to do an auto update and restart while I was typing a response for everyone...Not in the mood to redo the post.

Doing pretty good on my goals this week. Water intake not the best today, but still hoping for some good news for the weigh in tomorrow. I did my one-hour weight lifting class this a.m. and 15 min of elliptical before the class. My husband is always off on Thursdays which makes it difficult for me to stay on track for weigh ins on Friday...but we shall see. I was mostly good today.
Old 03-06-2014, 08:07 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Good morning, everyone!

We had freezing rain topped with 3 inches of snow overnight and it's sleeting again right now. When I woke up this morning schools were on a two hour delay, but as I suspected it would, that got changed to a school closing. My grandkids are not happy about that because they have exceeded their allowed snow days and have to make up the last two in June.

Aimee, sorry you felt so bad about yesterday's lunch of lasagna and bread that you skipped dinner. (I'd have loved to have a sip of your whiskey. LOL) Know that it happens to virtually all of us from time to time. I quote two wise people: our thread member Cassie who says "It's all about averages" and my doctor who says "You don't have to be perfect, just better than you USED to be." Maybe if that happens again, instead of skipping dinner, you could have a healthful salad, light on dressing or some other non-starchy veggies and low carb fruit such as cantaloupe or berries. Be proud of yourself for all you've accomplished to date. Big hug to ya!

My goals this week are still simple, but expanded:
Eat on plan, having small meal days as often as possible
Track food daily
Exercise daily--minimum of 30 minutes
Minimum 48 oz water daily

Today's small meal planned menu:

Flaxmeal pancake with sugar free, high fiber apricot preserves

Low carb veggie soup and fresh strawberries

Pizza using low carb tortilla as the crust--will try an adaption of Jedi's using Laughing Cow Mozzarella, Sun Dried Tomato and Basil cream cheese, additional tomatoes, and mushroom, peppers, and onions sauteed in butter substitute (low sat fat, no trans fat.) Jedi, thanks for that idea. My mouth is watering as I type this. LOL

Tuna salad with ranch dressing instead of mayo and celery stuffed with soy nut butter

Super lean crockpot pork, cooked spinach

Snacks: two protein shakes and choose from almonds, cold skinless chicken and a square of unsweetened baking chocolate. (I'm a true chocoholic-love chocolate, but don't always need it to be sweet.)
Hi dear!

I am getting inspired and try this from today! I think it will be beneficial for my weight loss. I was searching the diet which I can use to take it. Thank you.
Old 03-06-2014, 11:50 PM
FitDay Member

Good morning all! Just posted in the Friday weigh in...I'm down 4.4 lbs. this week which is my lowest yet. Guess who will be setting weekly goals from now on!

I took measurements again this morning and it's incredible how many inches I've lost! 1"off my biceps and neck (yes my neck!!), 3" off my thighs, 4" off my hips, 4.5" off my chest, 6"off my waist and 6.5" off around my belly button!!!! Wow!! I think this motivates me even more than the scale! I'll be taking pictures again in two weeks...it's also so motivating to see the progression in the pictures!

Have a great day all!

Last edited by lildebbieg; 03-07-2014 at 12:50 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.