FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Food talk (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/food-talk/)
-   -   What are you eating... (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/food-talk/3146-what-you-eating.html)

vabeachgirlNYC 01-27-2011 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by mecompco (Post 33900)
Oh, yes, my wife and I were both GS leaders (they needed a camping certified leader, so I went to leader camp--it was literally myself and 300 women. At least I got my own tent and there was one deep voice singing Kumbaya at the camp fire) :D

Anyway, my wife has recently informed me that she has "ordered one box of each" GS cookies :eek:.

Of course, I'll eat none, whatsoever (instead of my prior full box of thin mints and quart of milk at once sitting).

Regards,
Michael

It's funny because the GSCCC headquarters is about 20 minutes away. You think I could find some cookies!!!:mad: OMG, I'm going to have to hunt down a girl scout!:eek:

canary52 01-27-2011 07:30 AM

pb and j an apple and some Fig Newmans. A little kid lunch.

RunbikeSki 01-27-2011 10:49 AM

Left-over conish game hen on toasted WW pita with hummus, topped with a little tomato and lettuce - my how hoity-toity!

almeeker 01-27-2011 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by vabeachgirlNYC (Post 33920)
It's funny because the GSCCC headquarters is about 20 minutes away. You think I could find some cookies!!!:mad: OMG, I'm going to have to hunt down a girl scout!:eek:

Look no further, I live with 3 of them and I'm also a Brownie leader. You name it, I have crates of it in my pantry. Actually when it comes to cookies, the GS Thin Mint is not a bad option, only 35 calories each, all of them bad for you but a 35 calorie binge can be worked into a daily budget here and there.

almeeker 01-27-2011 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by vabeachgirlNYC (Post 33723)
I need to find a girl scout! I want a thin mint sooo bad!:mad:

Keebler makes a 1/2 decent knock-off, called "Grasshoppers".

almeeker 01-27-2011 12:00 PM

We just finished dinner, pan seared slow roasted pork tenderloin, milk pan gravy, sweet potatoes Lindsay (sweet potatoes with dried cranberries, maple syrup, butter and pecans), red freezer slaw and dinner rolls. I should have skipped the dinner roll, it put me over for the day.

vabeachgirlNYC 01-30-2011 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by almeeker (Post 33956)
Look no further, I live with 3 of them and I'm also a Brownie leader. You name it, I have crates of it in my pantry. Actually when it comes to cookies, the GS Thin Mint is not a bad option, only 35 calories each, all of them bad for you but a 35 calorie binge can be worked into a daily budget here and there.

I can't believe I can't find one even one little GS! :mad: Eat just one TM cookie? Hahahaha!!!!

Someone else told me about the grasshopper kind. I tasted one and it's not a thin mint! I want the real stuff if I'm going to cheat! :D

ETA: I'm eating grapes right now.

mecompco 01-31-2011 02:01 AM

One Thin Mint--that's funny--I don't ever remember eating less than a full box at a time. I'm better off totally abstaining!

Now, I'm looking forward to my lunch in about an hour: 2oz of tuna w/reduced cal mayo and relish on low cal "whole wheat" bread, followed by half a cup of 1% cottage cheese for dessert. The four pineapple rings I had for my mid-morning snack are already wearing a bit thin--don't those fructosey carbs burn off quick!

Regards,
Michael

taubele 01-31-2011 03:13 AM

I switched it up a bit for breakfast this morning -- I had a 100% whole wheat thin-cut bagel (Thomas' -- actually only 110 cals per bagel), spread with peanut butter, and a glass of 2% milk (probably about a cup and a half of it). We are having a protein morning! About 400 delicious cals which I needed, since I had a very low-cal day (952 total) yesterday and I was feeling famished when I woke up.

quinnesec 01-31-2011 03:32 AM

Oatmeal with FF milk and a 1/2 banana added for the last minute of cooking. Nice on a snowy morning. :)

quinn

kcolville 01-31-2011 03:34 AM

This morning for breakfast i has a smoothie (ice, water, 90 cal yogurt, 1/2 cup blueberries, and fiber spelna)- 240 calories and it fills a 24 oz cup! :)

Snack was WW string cheese- 70 cals

Lunch- chicken with veggies in a mushroom sauce- 550 cals.

not a bad day- have about 800 calories left to be had for a snack/dinner/snack.

williamscouple 01-31-2011 12:56 PM

For dinner tonight I had chicken breast & fresh broccoli sauteed in teriyaki sauce and a little soy with whole grain brown rice. I'm tellin ya, it was better than Chinese take out, Hubby even liked it.

vabeachgirlNYC 02-01-2011 03:43 PM

I wanted some kind of candy bar yesterday, even stopped at a store to actually buy one, but didn't because none of the choices were really what I wanted so I didn't get any. BUT today I got a Cadbury egg! :D

It was not as good as they used to be, how disappointing... :(

I just ate a cup of egg whites with cheese. It tasted better than the candy! :p

cjohnson728 02-01-2011 04:01 PM

...another childhood memory shattered. So sad...:(

I was in Walgreens the other day and was about to cave into the Whoppers, but the only size they had was the huge one you get at the movies. Seeing as how I knew I would eat the whole thing, I passed.

I just had a couple fig newtons. Processed out the ying yang, but at least they were the whole grain kind and they fit into my food log nicely :o.

vabeachgirlNYC 02-01-2011 04:15 PM

I googled to see if they had changed the way they make them. Guess so...company was acquired by another, eggs are made by another. And lol, the eggs are actually smaller now too! Haha...

mecompco 02-02-2011 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by vabeachgirlNYC (Post 34517)
I googled to see if they had changed the way they make them. Guess so...company was acquired by another, eggs are made by another. And lol, the eggs are actually smaller now too! Haha...

I love Cadbury eggs--we always got one of each flavor. Of course, I ate all mine at one sitting. :eek:

Having been candy-free for nine months it honestly doesn't even temp me now.

As far as food goes, since I've got the day off I made some turkey chili--went into the slow cooker about an hour ago--looking forward to enjoying it tonight!

Have a great day and stay safe those of you in the storm path!

Regards,
Michael

01gt4.6 02-02-2011 02:44 AM

Reese's peanut butter eggs > Cadburry eggs

mecompco 02-02-2011 03:01 AM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 34541)

Ha ha--I'd gauge them about equal--I'd also have put down the ol' pie hole one right after the other (and often did!).

Regards,
Michael

nottango 02-02-2011 03:49 AM

making home-made soup - perfect after a day of shoveling with fresh-baked bread.

crblack1218 02-02-2011 05:06 AM

I just finished a spinach salad with tomatoes, canellini beans, roasted almonds and homemade balsamic vinagrette dressing.

crblack1218 02-02-2011 05:09 AM

Michael, I really love the Yoda quote. I use that one on my 13 yr old son all the time...LOL

-Christy

vabeachgirlNYC 02-02-2011 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by mecompco (Post 34524)
I love Cadbury eggs--we always got one of each flavor. Of course, I ate all mine at one sitting. :eek:

Having been candy-free for nine months it honestly doesn't even temp me now.

I'm not a big candy eater but I did look forward to the creme in the cadbury eggs a few times a year. Not anymore! :mad:

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 34541)

Ha! I'm allergic to peanuts so those have absolutely zero yummy appeal to me! :p

quinnesec 02-02-2011 06:02 AM

mecompco,

I just noticed that you've dropped 12 lbs. since December 31. That's amazing! Congratulations!

quinn

cjohnson728 02-02-2011 07:41 AM

Damn, Sam. I just ate lunch and I'm not happy about it. I went with a friend to an Italian restaurant we go to occasionally; the dish I always get is linguine with marinara, but you can substitute whole wheat penne. I asked for penne with marinara and she brought me regular (semolina) penne. Since I didn't technically ask for the wheat, I didn't feel right sending it back.

So to make myself feel better I ate two pieces of bread. BTW, it didn't help :(

Now I have to figure out how to make room for it in my pie chart and plan a protein and fiber-heavy dinner!

mecompco 02-02-2011 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by quinnesec (Post 34578)
mecompco,

I just noticed that you've dropped 12 lbs. since December 31. That's amazing! Congratulations!

quinn

Quinn, thank you. I'm pleased that the loss has continued more-or-less steadily even after nine months on ~1500 calories (six month average of 1580/day which includes my monthly "day off").

Regards,
Michael

quinnesec 02-02-2011 11:18 AM

You're doing a great job keeping focused! I, on the other hand, have just 4-5 lbs. of holiday weight to get rid of and I just can't seem to wrap my head around it. Eating really healthy... just can't give myself that extra push to lose. Maybe I'm developing ADD in my middle age... hmmmm :)

quinn

01gt4.6 02-05-2011 01:40 PM

Today was a good day for me, kept everything in check. ;) Maybe I'll lose a pound or two from this food.

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/i...1gt46/Feb5.jpg

cjohnson728 02-05-2011 02:27 PM

Okay, so no Butterfingers on the list, Mike, but there is a suspiciously-similar 5th Avenue bar on there :p

Is this kinda like those teens smoking "spice" because weed shows up on a drug test, lol?

01gt4.6 02-05-2011 02:31 PM

I'll count the 5th Ave against me.

vabeachgirlNYC 02-05-2011 03:12 PM

Hey, today was a good day for me too. lol! :eek:

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/...gtimecheat.png

01gt4.6 02-05-2011 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by vabeachgirlNYC (Post 34964)
Hey, today was a good day for me too. lol! :eek:

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/...gtimecheat.png

right now I wish I ate only what you did. :(

vabeachgirlNYC 02-05-2011 03:19 PM

Only? Hahahaha, that's funny! :D

Albie@round 02-07-2011 02:05 AM

Feeling Lyrical this Monday

OK campers......for breakfast this morning a espresso and tasty oatmeal and Irving Berlin...with subtle interpretation by yours truly.....

Sunshine gives me a lovely day,
Moonlight gives me the Milky Way.
Got no checkbooks, got no banks,
Still, I'd like to express my thanks.
I've got the sun in the morning
And the moon at night.

I've got legs with which to walk
Got my tongue with which to talk
I'm not complaining, I got no squawk
And the moon at night.

Some folks around might think I'm strange
Just hold that thought and keep the change
Who's to say I'm not deranged?
And the moon at night.

18 weeks ago at 252 I started out
Not knowing just exactly how this would turn out
If Frank were here he'd say, "Doobie, doobie, do"
Albie weighed in this morning at 193.2!!!!
And the moon at night.

And I guess I must be doing something right! Rock on everyone! :D

01gt4.6 02-07-2011 02:40 AM

Originally Posted by Albie@round (Post 35117)
OK campers......for breakfast this morning a espresso and tasty oatmeal and Irving Berlin...with subtle interpretation by yours truly.....

Sunshine gives me a lovely day,
Moonlight gives me the Milky Way.
Got no checkbooks, got no banks,
Still, I'd like to express my thanks.
And the moon at night.

I've got legs with which to walk
Got my tongue with which to talk
I'm not complaining, I got no squawk
And the moon at night.

Some folks around might think I'm strange
Just hold that thought and keep the change
Who's to say I'm not deranged?
And the moon at night.

18 weeks ago at 252 I started out
Not knowing just exactly how this would turn out
If Frank were here he'd say, "Doobie, doobie, do"
Albie weighed in this morning at 193.2!!!!
And the moon at night.

And I guess I must be doing something right! Rock on everyone! :D

now that is some talent. :D

mecompco 02-07-2011 03:10 AM

Hey, it's lunch time. Today we have 2 tbsp of Smucker's Natural PB (measured, of course--I don't trust my portion control when it comes to dangerous substances like PB :eek:) on two slices of 35 calorie ww bread w/one pat of real butter. For dessert is a container of Wal-Mart brand strawberry "light" yogurt and another 750ml of icewater.

Regards,
Michael

MunaAmin 02-07-2011 04:12 AM

Is it true that some people in America eat Pop Tarts in the morning and call it breakfast???

rainbow24 02-07-2011 04:16 AM

Originally Posted by MunaAmin (Post 35138)
Is it true that some people in America eat Pop Tarts in the morning and call it breakfast???

I caught my daughter doing it yesterday, but we are Canadians.

almeeker 02-07-2011 04:25 AM

Oh yes, not only is it true, but a teacher, mind you a gym teacher suggested to me that my daughter NEEDED poptarts to help even out her morning blood sugar issues. And I stood there with both eyebrows raised in shock and said "I'm sorry but we don't do Poptarts at our house".

cjohnson728 02-07-2011 04:30 AM

Very true, very common, and very sad. Those things are a nutritional wasteland, plus a bunch o' stuff that's just not good for you.

I personally used to love the brown sugar cinnamon ones but I haven't touched one in years, nor do I buy them for anyone else in the house.

I do, however, sometimes stop and look at the flavors they've come out with...S'mores, chocolate sundae, etc. It's essentially processed dessert packaged as a "nutritious" breakfast because they throw a bunch of enriched stuff in there.

True, everyone has their own weakness; I'm not suggesting you're going to keel over and die if you eat a Pop Tart, but think of a child headed out the door every day with one (usually two) of these or something similar in his hand. It explains a lot. For me, they were easy to give up.

RunbikeSki 02-08-2011 06:07 AM

Hectic morning

I'm afraid I had to resort to a prepared protein shake after my work out. But I guess it's better than the Carl's Jr breakfast burrito with a side of hashbrowns (800+calories) I was hankering for :D