FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Food talk (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/food-talk/)
-   -   What are you eating... (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/food-talk/3146-what-you-eating.html)

spearfisher 02-08-2011 07:02 AM

I'm eating a pop tart so I'll have fuel to burn at the gym:confused:

behaze 02-09-2011 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by cjohnson728 (Post 35142)
but think of a child headed out the door every day with one (usually two) of these or something similar in his hand. It explains a lot.

Since I have started having a poached egg (made with vinegar-ed water) and worcestershire sauce along with my tea for breakfast, my son has gone from two slices of white toast with as much peanut butter as he can possibly pile on while I'm not looking to asking if I can 'pretty please, mum' make him what I'm having - yes, including the tea. Awesome. Something must be rubbing off.

What am I eating now? Nothing. But I've just opened a packet of 'grandma's old fashioned chocolate custard' to feed my 9mo - waiting for his bum to be changed (I know you all wanted to know that - this is why I shared :p). I got a smear of custard on my finger and reflexively licked it off. I may possibly now be eating 'grandma's old fashioned chocolate custard'. :D

spearfisher 02-09-2011 04:27 PM

Fat free milk, low fat vanilla yogurt (light), strawberries and 2 scoops of muscle milk in a blender and after that a tablespoon of peanut butter and half an apple to slow absorption. Yea, buddy!

kcolville 02-10-2011 02:41 AM

a before lunch snack- 80 calorie hot cocoa packet mixed with boiling water :)

it's hot so that helps me consume it slowly and enjoy it :)

mecompco 02-10-2011 02:49 AM

It's almost lunch time--today is 2oz. of tuna w/1tbs Hellman's Lowfat mayo and a little 0 cal sweet relish in a 90 cal Flat Out wrap. For dessert we have 1/3 cup of cottage cheese (which was all that was left in the container--I usually have a full 1/2 cup). Yum!

Regards,
Michael

almeeker 02-10-2011 05:10 AM

Just finished a big fat taco salad, lettuce, red pepper, 1/3 of a container of Greek yogurt, 2 oz of diced spiced chicken and 1/2 cup of salsa. Then I finished the rest of the Greek yogurt after I stirred in a dollop of low-sugar jam.

rainbow24 02-10-2011 05:19 AM

I had a stale bun with a pat of butter for breakfast.

This is not normal for me.

I have gone into asthma mode. I only get it every few years, but when it hits I have to keep my breakfast light or I will just get sick while coughing up a lung.

cjohnson728 02-10-2011 05:26 AM

Hope you feel better soon, Annette.

I just finished lunch ...3 oz. leftover shredded chicken in picante sauce from the crock pot on a big bed of romaine and spinach, r/f cheese on top. Getting ready to start in on some almonds now.

sw07 02-10-2011 05:28 AM

Just ate my pre- lunch snack, turkey burger on a thin wheat bun with spicy mustard and a 2 strips of red raw bell pepper.

staceyalberta 02-10-2011 05:35 AM

Getting near to lunch time for me so i'll be having:
~ tuna, on a bed of spinach & mushrooms with vinegar dressing
~ cauliflower
~ oatmeal yummy

quinnesec 02-10-2011 08:34 AM

My mid-afternoon snack, homemade chunky applesauce... yum. :D

sw07 02-10-2011 08:58 AM

Just got back from lunch, I live close enough to go home & cook during my lunch hour.
Fired up the gas barbecue:
1 Chicken Breast, drizzled with olive oil & seasonings
1/2 cup steamed Broccoli
3 Steamed Asparagus spears
1 cup Milk (fat free)
1/2 tablespoon low fat mayo (for the broccoli)

My afternoon snack will be a big red apple.

vabeachgirlNYC 02-10-2011 10:33 AM

I had a donut. :D

mecompco 02-10-2011 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by vabeachgirlNYC (Post 35756)
I had a donut. :D

:eek::eek::eek:

quinnesec 02-10-2011 01:19 PM

I have an ad on the top of my fitday for "the chocolate milk diet."
Crud... now I want chocolate milk!!!!!!!!!! Ugh! :eek:

cjohnson728 02-10-2011 02:20 PM

This thread not only makes me hungry, it makes me jealous!

sw07 gets to eat a pre-lunch turkey burger snack and a grilled chicken lunch? Well, more power to you, dude.

But sometimes I wish I were tall. And young. And a guy.

I just finished my snack, pistachios and a navel orange.

Sometimes I get the chocolate milk thing, too. It's not too bad as a snack, really. But sometimes I get ads for cupcakes, and that really ticks me off.

vabeachgirlNYC 02-10-2011 03:56 PM

Hmm, the only ad I ever see is the one with that sexy shirtless dude??? :confused:

vabeachgirlNYC 02-10-2011 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by mecompco (Post 35758)
:eek::eek:

Ha, I fit it into my macros! I have wanted one all week and finally decided it was worth it! :D

The hard part is that the guy always gives me extra even though I only order one. Nothing like getting home and having 6 donuts staring you in the face! :eek: I discovered that if I eat two it just doesn't taste as good.

quinnesec 02-11-2011 01:07 AM

Why can't I have a sexy shirtless dude? I'll trade you the sexy shirtless dude for my chocolate milk....

quinnesec 02-11-2011 07:13 AM

Fail!

My elderly mother asked if I would take her to Pizza Hut for lunch.
620 calories and 26 grams of fat later, I just consumed a veggie Personal
Pan Pizza... Geez! I was doing so well this week, too!!! :mad:

cjohnson728 02-11-2011 07:30 AM

Quinn, I hope you enjoyed it and don't feel too guilty. The FitDay log will be blank tomorrow again!

My hubby's requested homemade chicken pot pie tonight, and since my son, who doesn't like it, won't be home, I'm making it. My recipe's not horrible, so I think I can get it into my macros.

I discovered FlatOut Crisps on sale today and grabbed a bag. Not bad at all tastewise, no sat fat, lower carbs than most crackers, and some protein to boot. I had some with chicken on a salad for lunch.

almeeker 02-11-2011 07:54 AM

Quinn, I'm right there with you, my kids are out in the kitchen "dipping", yummy things in chocolate. Pizza Hut right now would be a low cal event for me.

vabeachgirlNYC 02-11-2011 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by quinnesec (Post 35846)
Why can't I have a sexy shirtless dude? I'll trade you the sexy shirtless dude for my chocolate milk....

Oops! My mistake, I just realized it was 01gt4.6's profile pic! :o

mecompco 02-11-2011 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by vabeachgirlNYC (Post 35951)
Oops! My mistake, I just realized it was 01gt4.6's profile pic! :o

Ha ha--that' funny right there!

I should take a shirtless picture--that would be a public service as everyone would lose their appetites. :D

Regards,
Michael

staceyalberta 02-12-2011 03:52 AM

this morning for breakfast i had my favorite which might sound odd, but is yummy egg whites in oatmeal with cinnamon, sweetener & apple it's more like eating a pudding.

rainbow24 02-12-2011 04:39 AM

Originally Posted by staceyalberta (Post 35991)
this morning for breakfast i had my favorite which might sound odd, but is yummy egg whites in oatmeal with cinnamon, sweetener & apple it's more like eating a pudding.

I had something similar, minus the egg and apple. I will have an orange in an hour or so.

staceyalberta 02-12-2011 04:45 AM

Originally Posted by rainbow24 (Post 35999)
I had something similar, minus the egg and apple. I will have an orange in an hour or so.

sounds good. i just finished my morning snack more egg whites & a banana...yummy. i'm probably one of the few people on the planet that likes egg whites.

vabeachgirlNYC 02-12-2011 05:10 AM

Originally Posted by mecompco (Post 35966)
Ha ha--that' funny right there!

I should take a shirtless picture--that would be a public service as everyone would lose their appetites. :D

Regards,
Michael

Haha! I'm doing a public service by having mine up too! :p That cracks me up! :D

vabeachgirlNYC 02-12-2011 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by staceyalberta (Post 36000)
i'm probably one of the few people on the planet that likes egg whites.

I love egg whites! :D I eat a cup almost everyday! :cool:

mecompco 02-12-2011 08:33 AM

Phew, just got in from some shoveling. We're going to a Mexican place tonight--supposedly they have some sort of fish thing I might try. The portions there are ginormous so I think I'll play it safe and order a take-out box along with the meal. Breakfast is wearing thin so I'm finishing off 1oz of slightly stale peppered beer jerky--a good shot of protein to tide me over.

Regards,
Michael

quinnesec 02-12-2011 10:43 AM

Stacey,

The egg white/oatmeal thing sounds really good. Can you tell me how you make it?

quinnesec 02-12-2011 10:44 AM

I just got done with a bowl of homemade chicken vegetable soup. :)

Janrai 02-12-2011 11:43 PM

I'm actually eating Weetabix and drinking tea :)

I swear, Weetabix has been an absolute lifesaver for me! I've been using it as an alternative to biscuits in tea and coffee (sounds odd but they're yummy, trust me). Since I found out there are 80 kcal in one of the biscuits I used to eat 2 or 3 of with my tea. :o
Not going to touch those again!

Meggietye 02-13-2011 06:28 AM

I made up an egg salad concoction and it is nummy! 1 whole egg and 2 whites, cooked, 1 tablespoon of yogurt, smidgen of Dijon mustard. Chop it up together and eat slowly with a large glass of water and feel virtuous! Lol. I figured out my yogurt is 18 cal a tablespoon, it is the regular stirred yogurt..sure beats 99 cal for mayonnaise!! I think some green onion would be nice as well or really finely chopped celery for crunch.

staceyalberta 02-13-2011 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by quinnesec (Post 36019)
Stacey,

The egg white/oatmeal thing sounds really good. Can you tell me how you make it?

i find it turns out best when done in a microwave. so i use quick cooking plain oats put 1/4 cup of them into a bowl. i then add two eggs whites & 1/2 cup of water & diced apple. i then cook that in the microwave starting for 30 seconds then stir, cook for another 30 seconds & then check on it. you may need to cook it further depending on your microwave. it will be done when the egg whites are solid. make sure it is covered as the egg whites can at times make a mess...lol.

however currently i'm without microwave so now i scramble my egg whites i still use the quick cooking oats while the eggs are cooking i add boiling water to my oatmeal let that sit & when the egg whites are scrambled i add that to the oatmeal along with usually apple. it's still good this way, but not as custard/pudding consistency.

staceyalberta 02-13-2011 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by vabeachgirlNYC (Post 36006)
I love egg whites! :D I eat a cup almost everyday! :cool:

yay i'm not alone...lol:D

mecompco 02-14-2011 03:21 AM

Lunch time! Today we have a sandwich consisting of two slices of low cal ww bread with yellow mustard, 2oz of left-over rotisserie chicken, a thin slice of smokey provolone and a nice romaine leaf. For dessert we have .5 cup of low fat cottage cheese. And of course, another 750ml of water.

Have a great Monday afternoon, everyone!

Regards,
Michael

mecompco 02-15-2011 01:00 AM

Had the last remnants of the tenderloin I cooked Sunday for breakfast--a nice big 4oz hit of protein.

It's mid-morning snack time now--2 cups of purple seedless grapes.

For lunch at 11:00 I have a peanut butter and butter sandwich and a light orange and cream yogurt waiting in the 'fridge--yummy!

That puts me at about 700 cals. Not sure what supper's going to be yet.

Eat healthy, everyone!

Regards,
Michael

cjohnson728 02-15-2011 01:02 AM

A banana and a vitatops muffin, loading up for cardio class.

Meggietye 02-16-2011 01:31 PM

For those of you who are weighing your food would you please tell me the type of scale you are using? Thanks!