Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > FOOD > Food talk
Protein Shakes/Smoothies Recipes >

Protein Shakes/Smoothies Recipes

Community
Notices

Protein Shakes/Smoothies Recipes

Old 03-16-2022, 04:24 AM
FitDay Member

Protein shakes use different types of protein in varying amounts. They may include:
  • Milk
  • Whey
  • Casein
  • Egg
  • Soy
  • Rice
The source of the protein and how it's purified during manufacturing may affect how well your body can use it.
Old 05-09-2022, 07:25 AM
FitDay Member

I used to be really into cocktails and smoothies, but my fast metabolism and lack of weight have given me digestive problems because of the cocktails(
Old 06-03-2022, 10:58 PM
FitDay Member

Smile

In my suggestion, instead of looking for home remedies, you should use a protein powder made with different types of health supplements for you to have a complete diet and they even come in many different flavors for you to choose from.
Old 10-29-2022, 12:59 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cyukna
I usually have one for breakfast if I am in a hurry -just over 300 calories
1 cup vanilla low fat yogurt 208 cal
1/4 cup frozen strawberries 55 cal
1 scoop protein powder supplement 37 cal
1/4 cup apple juice 29 cal
put it in the blender

You can make it with even less calories by using lower calorie yogurt, and juice but I dont like artificial sweeteners. I find adding protein helps keep me full. It makes a lot so you could split it and have it for 2 snacks instead.
Thanks for the great recipe
Old 01-23-2023, 03:35 AM
FitDay Member

Oh, that's a nice one, probably gonna use this later, thx (;
Old 03-02-2023, 06:53 PM
FitDay Member

I often mix oatmeal milk berries bananas yogurt and can peanut butter in a jar and grind it all with a blender
Old 03-05-2023, 02:12 PM
FitDay Member

Smoothies are a mainstay of the health drink industry, and because they combine a variety of fruits, vegetables, and extras like yoghurt or oats, they can be a fantastic method to enhance your nutrient intake.

No of how much you drink, they can only contribute to one of your five a day. This is so that, despite the fact that the smoothie will have the vitamins and minerals from the fruit and vegetables it contains, much of the fibre is broken down during the blending process.

Due to the abundance of fruit in smoothies, their sugar content can also be significant. This sugar becomes free sugars after being blended or juiced, which are bad for our teeth and should be consumed in moderation.

To lower the sugar content, if you’re creating your own, try to use mostly veggies and one or two fruits.
Old 03-05-2023, 06:09 PM
FitDay Member

Arrow Best whey protein smoothie

1) Take a scoop of whey protein powder (Of your choice)
2) Add about 200 ml of milk
3) Add oats and dry fruits of your choice
4) Add strawberries for flavour and add small amount of sugar as per your taste.
5) Now blend it in a blender. Your smoothie is ready to be served.
6) You can add ice-cream and cherry on the top.
Old 05-26-2023, 12:23 AM
FitDay Member

Protein shakes/smoothies recipes are a great way to incorporate a healthy dose of protein into your diet. These delicious and nutritious beverages are not only convenient but also offer numerous benefits for those looking to build muscle, aid in recovery, or simply boost their overall protein intake. Here are a few recipe ideas to try:

Berry Blast: Blend together 1 cup of mixed berries (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries), 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder, 1 cup of almond milk, and a handful of ice cubes. Sweeten with honey or a natural sweetener if desired.

Green Powerhouse: In a blender, combine 1 ripe banana, 1 cup of spinach or kale leaves, 1 scoop of plant-based protein powder, 1 tablespoon of almond butter, 1 cup of coconut water, and a few ice cubes. Blend until smooth.

Peanut Butter Banana Delight: Blend 1 ripe banana, 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder, 1 tablespoon of peanut butter, 1 cup of milk (dairy or plant-based), and a handful of ice cubes until creamy.

Tropical Paradise: In a blender, combine 1 cup of chopped pineapple, 1 ripe mango, 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder, 1 cup of coconut milk, and a handful of ice cubes. Blend until smooth and enjoy a taste of the tropics.

Remember to adjust the quantities and ingredients based on your preferences and dietary needs. These recipes provide a starting point but feel free to get creative and experiment with different flavors and ingredients to find your perfect protein shake/smoothie combination.
Old 05-26-2023, 04:46 PM
FitDay Member

Chocolate Peanut Butter Delight:
  • 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
  • 1 tablespoon natural peanut butter
  • 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or any milk of your choice)
  • 1 frozen banana
  • 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
  • Ice cubes (optional)