When reformatting do I keep the the .fbk or .fdy >

When reformatting do I keep the the .fbk or .fdy

Community
Notices

When reformatting do I keep the the .fbk or .fdy

Old 06-28-2016, 01:44 AM
FitDay Member

Default When reformatting do I keep the the .fbk or .fdy

When I exit the program it always asks me to back up to a file fdy in mydocuments.

Periodically I reformat my windows and I know I always find myself with a fbk and a fdy, I want to make sure I include all my customized foods and of course my data. Do I need to make a backup file or just take with me the Fdy.

thank you kindly
Old 06-28-2016, 08:41 AM
Administrator

It's best to keep both the backup file (.fbk) and the profile file (.fdy)

After re-installing Fitday PC, use the backup file to restore your profile.

Originally Posted by shapeup1
When I exit the program it always asks me to back up to a file fdy in mydocuments.

Periodically I reformat my windows and I know I always find myself with a fbk and a fdy, I want to make sure I include all my customized foods and of course my data. Do I need to make a backup file or just take with me the Fdy.

thank you kindly
Old 06-29-2016, 05:35 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by tyen
It's best to keep both the backup file (.fbk) and the profile file (.fdy)

After re-installing Fitday PC, use the backup file to restore your profile.
Ok Thank you, when I re-install Fitday I'm given the option: Create a new file or open a new account file. I usually use the FDY file to get back in.

You're recommending the restore from back up option. This gives me the option of using the FBK file and then tells me to enter a name in the "restore account file as" so at that point I use my Fdy file? Or do I put a new name and give it the Fdy extension? (it says: enter the name you want to give the restored account file.)

Thank you
Old 06-29-2016, 09:39 AM
Administrator

Yes, restore from the backup, when it prompts for a .fdy file name, give it a new name and add the .fdy extension

Originally Posted by shapeup1
Ok Thank you, when I re-install Fitday I'm given the option: Create a new file or open a new account file. I usually use the FDY file to get back in.

You're recommending the restore from back up option. This gives me the option of using the FBK file and then tells me to enter a name in the "restore account file as" so at that point I use my Fdy file? Or do I put a new name and give it the Fdy extension? (it says: enter the name you want to give the restored account file.)

Thank you
Old 07-01-2016, 02:18 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by tyen
Yes, restore from the backup, when it prompts for a .fdy file name, give it a new name and add the .fdy extension
Ok Thank you