FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   FitDay PC (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/fitday-pc/)
-   -   When reformatting do I keep the the .fbk or .fdy (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/fitday-pc/14130-when-reformatting-do-i-keep-fbk-fdy.html)

shapeup1 06-28-2016 01:44 AM

When reformatting do I keep the the .fbk or .fdy

When I exit the program it always asks me to back up to a file fdy in mydocuments.

Periodically I reformat my windows and I know I always find myself with a fbk and a fdy, I want to make sure I include all my customized foods and of course my data. Do I need to make a backup file or just take with me the Fdy.

thank you kindly

tyen 06-28-2016 08:41 AM

It's best to keep both the backup file (.fbk) and the profile file (.fdy)

After re-installing Fitday PC, use the backup file to restore your profile.

Originally Posted by shapeup1 (Post 122118)
When I exit the program it always asks me to back up to a file fdy in mydocuments.

Periodically I reformat my windows and I know I always find myself with a fbk and a fdy, I want to make sure I include all my customized foods and of course my data. Do I need to make a backup file or just take with me the Fdy.

thank you kindly

shapeup1 06-29-2016 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by tyen (Post 122124)
It's best to keep both the backup file (.fbk) and the profile file (.fdy)

After re-installing Fitday PC, use the backup file to restore your profile.

Ok Thank you, when I re-install Fitday I'm given the option: Create a new file or open a new account file. I usually use the FDY file to get back in.

You're recommending the restore from back up option. This gives me the option of using the FBK file and then tells me to enter a name in the "restore account file as" so at that point I use my Fdy file? Or do I put a new name and give it the Fdy extension? (it says: enter the name you want to give the restored account file.)

Thank you

tyen 06-29-2016 09:39 AM

Yes, restore from the backup, when it prompts for a .fdy file name, give it a new name and add the .fdy extension

Originally Posted by shapeup1 (Post 122134)
Ok Thank you, when I re-install Fitday I'm given the option: Create a new file or open a new account file. I usually use the FDY file to get back in.

You're recommending the restore from back up option. This gives me the option of using the FBK file and then tells me to enter a name in the "restore account file as" so at that point I use my Fdy file? Or do I put a new name and give it the Fdy extension? (it says: enter the name you want to give the restored account file.)

Thank you

shapeup1 07-01-2016 02:18 AM

Originally Posted by tyen (Post 122136)
Yes, restore from the backup, when it prompts for a .fdy file name, give it a new name and add the .fdy extension

Ok Thank you :D