Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > Forum Feedback and Support > FitDay Classic Feedback and Support
Activity not in database:  How to customize an existing activity? >

Activity not in database: How to customize an existing activity?

Community
Notices

Activity not in database: How to customize an existing activity?

Old 01-03-2011, 04:13 AM
FitDay Member

Default WII Game play Exercise?

I'm using the WII Sports to do some exercise..What activity should I use that is similar to it in the activities tab? Thanks!
Old 01-03-2011, 04:35 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by pdiller
I'm using the WII Sports to do some exercise..What activity should I use that is similar to it in the activities tab? Thanks!
I just try to find something close--I usually go with mild aerobics or the like. I do WiiFit and it tells you the approx. calorie burn (though I think it's a bit optomistic).

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-05-2011, 07:34 AM
FitDay Member

Default Elliptical?

I am a newbie to the messageboards. Is there a way I can log my exercise on the elliptical machines? So far I have not found how. Thanks.
Old 01-05-2011, 01:19 PM
Super Moderator

you will have to log it as something else. As long as you match up the calories burned with what you burned it will be fine. It's all about calories in vs calories out.

This seems to be a popular request, we can see what can be done, if anything, about adding it in.
Old 01-07-2011, 05:33 AM
FitDay Member

Plus one for the custom Activities!!!
Old 01-07-2011, 07:07 AM
Super Moderator

I'll see if we have any updates on this.
Old 01-09-2011, 06:36 AM
FitDay Member

Default i wouls also like eliptical

thanks for having CURLING on the site. It is sort of an unusual sport in the US - but a good workout (harder than it looks on TV olympics) and I love it
Old 01-09-2011, 11:09 AM
FitDay Member

I would also like to see an option to post custom activities - I can figure out how many calories I burned from other websites or from a heart rate monitor. I just need to be able to post accurately here. Instead I have been posting inaccurately (for example, I took a 1-hour bikram yoga class today but there is only a hatha yoga option, so I just said I did it for 3 hours so the calorie count would be closer to accurate . . . which still isn't right). Thanks in advance for adding this option!
Old 01-10-2011, 11:06 PM
FitDay Member

Thumbs down Activity options don't make sense

There is a Walk option for "walking to and from and outhouse" and a Running option for "running while pushing a wheel chair" but there is no option for a basic run at paces of 10.5 or 11 min miles. (Options run ...8, 8.5, 9, 9.5, 10 & then jumps to 11.5, 12, skipping 10.5 & 11). And since calorie consumption is more dependent on distance than speed, why is it even set up by speed? Shouldn't it just be general pace (maybe 2 levels) and then the amount of time you put in your log?
Old 01-13-2011, 10:39 PM
FitDay Member

Default Holly, I agree - Where's the Pilates? Zumba? etc.

Ok - some of the posts asking for an update to the activities are over a year old! All of us who struggle with weight issues know that an exercise program is an important part of weight control and so is being able to track it. To keep it fresh you have to do new stuff and try new activities, So, where is the ability to add an activity? Anybody can get the calories for an hour of Zumba or Pilates with a simple Google search. At the least we should be able to add a custom acitvity that would allow us to adjust for the specific workout. (i.e. Zumba for an hour ranges from 400 - 600. Not feeling quite so energetic today - then use the lower number; high energy and totally "on" then use a higher number). Might be off a few, but vastly better than playing guessing games with the current choices! I am getting frustrated with this feature and I've only been using this site for several days.
I hope someone with responsibility for the site is listening. The site has many great features, but with a few tweaks could be awesome!
Donna

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.