Did You Exercise Today???

Community
Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 04-12-2011, 12:03 AM
FitDay Member

Default Progress

Tuesdays I usually have "ab club" which meets for 15 to 20 minutes at 6:50 - so, after doing the Wave for half an hour (that wild side to side elliptical which I love) I went to the ab area, one of my buds said she had done good abs yesterday and wouldn't be joining, and the other didn't show, so just me, but so proud of myself. I did 20 reps on the back extension (I'm going to replace that time with something more challenging), the 20 on the Decline bench. This was a great accomplishment. When I began using that machine I couldn't do one without a little hand push help, the trainer said "go ahead, use your hands, just use them less every time". Today I could do 20 without touching the bench or my thighs (you can cheat both ways!).

Thanks Tommy and Mai for your kind words about my walking - early on I made a life choice to not drive, it has shaped the place I can live, the jobs I can take, and other life decisions, but I am lucky that I can make it work. I'm not "better than cars" there is one in my household, and I'll accept rides!
Old 04-12-2011, 04:32 AM
FitDay Member

Gave my knees a rest yesterday, after hiking uphill the day before. Today I was back on the treadmill: 2.5 miles (2% incline for the first mile, 2.5% for the second, and 3% for the last half mile). Got my pulse back up where it belongs by doing this. Feeling absolutely terrific right now, and just itching to put the daypack on again and get out to the woods.
Old 04-12-2011, 04:40 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Woo Hoo--more jogging today--perhaps a quarter, off and no, of my 2 mile route. Did it in 27 minutes today. Getting less self conscience about it--I know at 253 I don't run like a graceful gazelle or anything, but what the heck!

Regards,
Michael
Old 04-12-2011, 04:56 AM
FitDay Member

Default Gazelles are overrated

Originally Posted by mecompco
Getting less self conscience about it--I know at 253 I don't run like a graceful gazelle or anything, but what the heck!

l
I think we sometimes use being self conscious as an excuse for not doing things. Most difficult things involve a brief phase when everyone else is better than you - but I've come to realize that I'm the only one counting that!

Keep it moving, Gazelles can't survive in Maine.
Old 04-12-2011, 05:56 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Woo Hoo--more jogging today--perhaps a quarter, off and no, of my 2 mile route. Did it in 27 minutes today. Getting less self conscience about it--I know at 253 I don't run like a graceful gazelle or anything, but what the heck!

Regards,
Michael
Well done Michael! Abby's right, gazelles only live in hot dry environments!

SW07, great time on the 5K - good luck on your next one and I hope to get closer to your goal

Today was a Crossfit day. The WOD (workout of the day) was all "thusters" which is a combination of squats and shoulder presses - lots of them.

Tomorrow is a running day, sure hope I'll have enough juice left in the legs after today's workout .

Pam
Old 04-12-2011, 06:06 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by dear_abby
I think we sometimes use being self conscious as an excuse for not doing things. Most difficult things involve a brief phase when everyone else is better than you - but I've come to realize that I'm the only one counting that!

Keep it moving, Gazelles can't survive in Maine.
Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
Well done Michael! Abby's right, gazelles only live in hot dry environments!
Thanks! We might have a few dry hot days a year up here, but not all that many.

There's a 5K coming up on May 7th that I'm thinking about trying. I'd like to think I could do it in 45 minutes or less but I'd probably be dragging the last mile. May 5th will be my one-year anniversary back on FitDay so that might be a nice way to celebrate getting my life back. From waddling/limping (breathlessly) 50 feet to jogging/walking a 5K in a year .

Regards,
Michael
Old 04-12-2011, 06:13 AM
FitDay Member

Regards,
Michael
This is awesome Michael! Who cares how you run, you did it and that's what counts... One of my favorite work out quotes is by Tony Horton... the P90x guy... "Do your best, and forget the rest." Now my ALL-TIME favorite workout quote (told to me by my Tae Kwon Do instructor, not sure who originally said it) is "pain is just weakness leaving the body".

Anyway, I just got done with my HIIT and abs workout. I feel great.

::Tommy
Old 04-12-2011, 06:16 AM
FitDay Member

There's a 5K coming up on May 7th that I'm thinking about trying.
Go for it!!

I'm thinking about doing the MS-150 with my cousin. 75 mile bike ride from Philly to Atlantic City, NJ... stay the night... ride back; to raise money for MS.
Old 04-12-2011, 06:28 AM
FitDay Member

Regards,
Michael
This is great Michael!
I saw on the next post that you want to run 5K. Go for it. You have enough time to train for it. 2 miles for 27 minutes is better than when I first jogging (last summer) and I was 140 pounds. You did great. Who cares how you run? or how fast? the important thing is you do it.
Increase your distance slowly to race day. and go for it.

Good luck,
Mai
Old 04-12-2011, 06:35 AM
FitDay Member

There's a 5K coming up on May 7th that I'm thinking about trying.

Regards,
Michael
I'm trying to get my nerve up to register for my first 5k - inspire me!

Abby

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.