Did You Exercise Today??? >

Did You Exercise Today???

Community
Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 03-04-2012, 02:19 PM
FitDay Member

Pam, that 5k sounds idyllic, Kimbur if you can do it go girl.

Me, today I hiked the local mountain, still quite a bit of snow and you have to take the dog as there is a bit too much wildlfe for my liking and her ears are better. My back is killing me. Probably from the slip in the mud. It felt good though and DH was happy I went with him. I couldn't quite keep up but better than I used to be.
Old 03-05-2012, 03:45 AM
FitDay Member

Kimbur – do sign up for the 5K – I’ve only done one, but want to do more, loved it!

Crazigerl, the hike sounds amazing – sorry you slipped in mud, yuck! I’m reading a novel with large parts taking place in BC – sounds like you have beautiful country there!

I ran one mile today on the dreadmill, followed by a pretty intense weight lifting session – my trainer buddy stopped by, looked at my clipboard and suggested “it’s time to shake it up, don’t you think?” so we have an appointment for next Monday.

My weekend was rich in bad behavior, so this week, no excuses!

Abby
Old 03-05-2012, 10:56 AM
FitDay Member

Pam , Abby and Crazigerl I printed out the entry form for the 5k. I am going to send it in in hopes that the commitment will get me to train and follow through for it.
I didn't exercise today. I'm feeling a bit under the weather. Last nights cheat meal reeked havoc with my GI system Hopefully tomorrow I 'll feel better and get back on track.
Old 03-05-2012, 03:27 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dear_abby

My weekend was rich in bad behavior, so this week, no excuses!

Abby
Abby, I am totally stealing that statement. Glad you had a great workout. We do have beautiful scenery.

Kimbur, sorry you are feeling under the weather. I'm thrilled you took the step towards kicking the 5k's butt.

Today I did steady state cardio, my trainer has me on steady state one day, interval the next time. Then I did super sets for upper body. Feeling so good I'm ready to take on the world.
Old 03-06-2012, 12:09 AM
FitDay Member

Kim, the commitment is a great idea, putting the money down makes you want not to waste it! Hope you feel better soon.

Crazigerl, you are welcome to any statement of mine! Glad your workout left you ready to take on the world, not sure it’s ready for you!

Today was spinning really hard class – I pushed some high numbers briefly, and really enjoyed the recovery periods!

Be strong!
Old 03-06-2012, 01:14 PM
FitDay Member

today was chest and hamstrings followed by 30 minutes apolitical and 30 treadmill. i pushed hard and am very tired now so off i crawl to bed
Old 03-06-2012, 04:02 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Whooo hoooo, I finally got "toes to the ring" this morning. This is a movement where you are hanging on rings (like the ones male gymnasts use) and using a bit of a swing and a kip lift your toes overhead to the ring. It is as much technique as it is strength. I knew I had the strength I just couldn't get the technique down until today
Old 03-06-2012, 11:16 PM
FitDay Member

Congrats Pam sounds like a tough move.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:59 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by kimbur96
today was chest and hamstrings followed by 30 minutes apolitical and 30 treadmill. i pushed hard and am very tired now so off i crawl to bed
Sorry Kim, you cant count being apolitical as exercise – Admittedly, it can be hard to do in some situations. (I assume that’s an excessively helpful spellchecker for elliptical).

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
Whooo hoooo, I finally got "toes to the ring" this morning. This is a movement where you are hanging on rings (like the ones male gymnasts use) and using a bit of a swing and a kip lift your toes overhead to the ring. It is as much technique as it is strength. I knew I had the strength I just couldn't get the technique down until today
Sounds challenging, I’d crack my head open!

I ran 5K in 28 mins 40 seconds – not my best not my worst. This was followed by a pretty challenging boot camp which I will feel tomorrow, lots of lunges and squats.

Happy day all!
Old 03-07-2012, 05:50 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Ahh lunges and squats, the burn, the ache, the results!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.