Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > FITNESS > Exercise
Numbness and Tingling (Compartment Syndrome) >

Numbness and Tingling (Compartment Syndrome)

Community
Notices
View Poll Results: Have you experienced Exercise related numbness or tingling?
Yes
0%
No
0%
Not sure
0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Numbness and Tingling (Compartment Syndrome)

Old 11-12-2023, 02:41 AM
FitDay Member

Question Numbness and Tingling (Compartment Syndrome)

Hello everyone,
Recently I really increased my workout frequency and intensity. for instance, yesterday I did 5K run, 10 miles cycling, 3 miles hiking, and one hour free weights.
I noticed that I started to have tingling (numbness) in my left leg (above ankle) and my left forearm (around the wrist).
Have you guys experiences this before? Any tips?
I think this is what's called compression compartment syndrome due to excessive working out.
Old 11-14-2023, 07:31 PM
FitDay Member

wao good
Old 11-27-2023, 01:00 AM
FitDay Member

Tingling and numbness in your extremities after an intense workout could be a sign of exertional compartment syndrome, a condition caused by increased pressure within a muscle compartment that can restrict blood flow and damage nerves. While it's not uncommon for athletes to experience this after strenuous activity, it's important to monitor the symptoms and seek medical attention if they persist or worsen.

If you suspect exertional compartment syndrome, rest and avoid further strenuous activity until the symptoms subside. You can also try ice packs and compression garments to help reduce swelling and pain. If the symptoms don't improve within a few days, see a doctor to rule out other potential causes and get appropriate treatment.