Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > FITNESS > Exercise
How to have an hourglass body shape? >

How to have an hourglass body shape?

Community
Notices

How to have an hourglass body shape?

Old 03-16-2016, 12:30 AM
FitDay Member

Default How to have an hourglass body shape?

What kind of exercises do I need to do?
Old 03-16-2016, 06:16 AM
Super Moderator

Pilates exercises (google 'Pilates mat exercises') will help strengthen your core muscles. This helps you to stand taller. It's difficult to shape a body but you can do a lot to accentuate the positive features of your body!
Old 03-17-2016, 12:20 AM
FitDay Member

thank you for the response... Does wearing a corset or waist trainer helps? Kim Kardashian is wearing it and she have this tiny waist. Is it really effective?
Old 03-17-2016, 03:48 AM
Super Moderator

Ask your doctor about that. It can be so uncomfortable but I'm not sure whether there is danger of damaging your body. That's why a doctor would be the best source of information about corsets. It could depend on how long you plan to wear the corset.
Old 03-17-2016, 03:30 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by jean16
thank you for the response... Does wearing a corset or waist trainer helps? Kim Kardashian is wearing it and she have this tiny waist. Is it really effective?
Have you seen any unphotoshopped pics of her?

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 05-16-2016 at 07:31 AM.
Old 05-14-2016, 04:16 AM
FitDay Member

What kind of exercises do I need to do?
Hula hoop, squats, and pushups
Old 06-02-2016, 04:10 AM
Administrator

Yes and no. Waist trainers are most beneficial for reducing bloat and revealing abs when at an already-low body fat percentage. I know one of the figure competitors I work with on occasion uses one before a show.

Overall, building an hourglass is going to depend on your regular body shape. If someone is wider at the hips, already, they'll want to focus on their upper body (shoulder press, rows, etc). If you want to build hips/glutes: squats, hip thrusters (also called bridges), straight-leg deadlift/good mornings, and side lunges.

Generally you'll want 4 or so weighted sets of 8-15 reps of each exercise, with 90 seconds of rest in between. That's to get hypertrophy, while other goals may require different weight, sets and reps, or rest time.
Old 07-16-2022, 09:58 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by IBJoel
Yes and no. Waist trainers are most beneficial for reducing bloat and revealing abs when at an already-low body fat percentage. I know one of the figure competitors I work with on occasion uses one before a show.

Overall, building an hourglass is going to depend on your regular body shape. If someone is wider at the hips, already, they'll want to focus on their upper body (shoulder press, rows, etc). If you want to build hips/glutes: squats, hip thrusters (also called bridges), straight-leg deadlift/good mornings, and side lunges.

Generally you'll want 4 or so weighted sets of 8-15 reps of each exercise, with 90 seconds of rest in between. That's to get hypertrophy, while other goals may require different weight, sets and reps, or rest time.
Agree with your points.
Old 07-16-2022, 10:00 PM
FitDay Member

Can you explain a bit more? BTW, I'm impressed with your knowledge.
Old 11-13-2022, 05:58 PM
FitDay Member

Having an hourglass body shape is something that many people strive for. There are a few things that you can do to help achieve this look.
First, you have to ensure that you are eating healthy foods and getting enough exercise. Eating healthy foods will help to reduce the amount of fat in your body, while exercise will help to tone your muscles. You should also focus on wearing clothing that accentuates your waistline. Wearing a belt can help to give the illusion of an hourglass shape, as can wearing form-fitting clothing. If you focus on these things, you should be able to achieve the hourglass body shape that you desire.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.