Arms and Back fat

Community
Notices

Arms and Back fat

Old 06-01-2010, 04:26 AM
FitDay Member

Default Arms and Back fat

Hey

does anyone know what to do to tone up arms and back fat?? Im in a strapless dress for a wedding this summer and I want to tone up my arms.

also what about the chub by the armpits above the boobs?? ( I call it my 2nd set of boobs)
Old 06-01-2010, 11:27 AM
FitDay Member

I've had really great success toning up the arms and back with the elliptical and wrist weights. I wear the wrist weights when I fold laundry, it's a great workout, I suppose you could wear them on the elliptical too, but I have enough laundry to build a mountain range with. I can also highly recommend the 30-Day Shred DVD and boxing on the Wii Fit Plus. Can't say about the arm pit fat, I just have the one set of boobs. You might do regular peck workouts, I don't know that it will shrink the arm pit fat, but it will make your pecks larger and make the other look smaller in comparison...

Last edited by almeeker; 06-01-2010 at 11:29 AM.
Old 06-01-2010, 11:32 AM
Super Moderator

Sounds like some good old fashioned pushups would be helpful also. If you are just starting, do them on your knees; if that's tough, do them against a wall to start. If you have some strength already, any type of plank work would strengthen and tone that area.
Old 06-01-2010, 11:32 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by pixie510
Hey

does anyone know what to do to tone up arms and back fat?? Im in a strapless dress for a wedding this summer and I want to tone up my arms.

also what about the chub by the armpits above the boobs?? ( I call it my 2nd set of boobs)
You can't really spot reduce, the thing is...if you do total body workouts 3 times a week, intervals and eat lots of veggies, and fruit, low starch/flour bread and fill up on lean meat...basically eat like a caveman and you shouldn't have a problem...Any specific questions just ask...Not a Personal Trainer/Nutritionist but been at this game for a long while and have a lot of knowledge about this stuff.... so take what i have however you want
Old 06-02-2010, 09:50 AM
FitDay Member

Bent over rows can help build your back and lats. You can't spot reduce but adding muscle can help you look better.
Old 06-02-2010, 10:28 AM
FitDay Member

Echoing the above, you can't spot reduce the fat on your back by doing back exercises. If you do some moderate-to-high intensity cardio a few times a week, plus do upper body weight training to increase overall fat metabolism and add some muscle (which always looks good IMO), you should be there in no time. Cut out any processed food you're eating, eat plenty of veggies, and get in your daily fiber and protein.