FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Exercise (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/exercise/)
-   -   The Wed Club - Weekly Check-In for 5/26/10 (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/exercise/1151-wed-club-weekly-check-5-26-10-a.html)

fourank 06-02-2010 05:33 PM

great job everyone. I will have more info about my weight loss on friday. BUt as to my work out...I am a Marine so I over do it. M-F I am keeping true to running every morning, after work I run on a treadmill and do yoga or pilaties after my cardio. On the weekends I weight lift on sat and on sunday night I go for a 4 mile walk.

I know it is a lot but it keeps me busy and I sleep like a baby.

If there is any modivation that I can send out yalls way let me know. I am full of energy and I am helping a few people that I work with to lose weight as well.

Together we can all reach our goals.

Frank

rpmcduff 06-03-2010 03:56 AM

Originally Posted by cjohnson728 (Post 12446)
I've had a crazy week. Starting after I posted last week...good intentions and all that. For some reason last Wed. night I could not get enough to eat...nothing satisfied me. So I kept eating. Ended up doubling my calories. So I stayed off the scale for four days and was really good about eating and no major damage done, but I wish I knew why I did it. I started again with this on Monday but put the brakes on much earlier this time. Hopefully I can get a handle on it soon!

cjohnson:
Have looked into carb cycling? I assume that you are in maintenance now. Maybe your body is trying to tell you something. I have read of people that say carb cycling has allowed them to eliminate the cravings/hunger. Better to plan for what your body needs then to give into the cravings. :)

cjohnson728 06-03-2010 09:02 AM

Thanks for the suggestion, rp. I have experiemented with changing my ratios a lot in the past. I know that I absolutely positively cannot get too low on the carbs or everything goes wrong. I stay at 50-55%; protein is between 25 and 30; fats the rest. I know I will take flak for the carbs but I have lost 20 pounds that way and my blood chemistry numbers are extremely healthy, so I don't want to change anything that seems to be working. Truth be told, this was the first time since January 5 when I started that I have had a day like that.

In looking back, I think it was the outdoor activity (gardening, kid activities) that, although not exercise, did take a lot more out of me than I thought. I also need to be sure to eat every few hours even when I'm busy, and to get enough sleep the night before. I wasn't craving anything special, nor was I feeling actual hunger...I just wanted to eat! In actuality, if I had probably gone ahead and had the pretzels or popcorn first, accounted for it, and been done with it, rather than going for the sliced turkey, I would have been better off. Peer pressure, I guess, LOL.

You are so right in that the most important thing is knowing what your body needs. It takes a while to tune into it but it's worth learning to listen :). You are doing really great on your journey...congrats!

tjkhoover 06-03-2010 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by fourank (Post 12471)
great job everyone. I will have more info about my weight loss on friday. BUt as to my work out...I am a Marine so I over do it. M-F I am keeping true to running every morning, after work I run on a treadmill and do yoga or pilaties after my cardio. On the weekends I weight lift on sat and on sunday night I go for a 4 mile walk.

I know it is a lot but it keeps me busy and I sleep like a baby.

If there is any modivation that I can send out yalls way let me know. I am full of energy and I am helping a few people that I work with to lose weight as well.

Together we can all reach our goals.

Frank

How long is your running routine every day? How far do you go? Just curious.

kab407 06-03-2010 03:05 PM

New member as of June 1, 2010

HI, I am a new member and just stumbled upon this Wed Club.. So far my week is off. I want to get better at journaling all my food and try to stay away from so many carbs. Exercise is not so much an issue.. I go to the gym and do a lot of walking, but I need a better mix of diet and exercise. Oh well thought I would like to check in here and make it a weekly post.

Current 214 June 1, 2010
Goal- 164 by Dec 18, 2010

fourank 06-03-2010 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by tjkhoover (Post 12564)
How long is your running routine every day? How far do you go? Just curious.

Well tjk I run about 3 1/2 miles every morning. Then on the treadmill I will go for another 3 1/2 miles. I tend to put a few miles on my shoes in a week. However I do on occation do a good sprint work out followed by running a mile and a half.

UPDATE for me I just weighed myself and I am down 2 pounds from last week. So I have to keep at it. Hope everyone is keeping the faith and hope up.

Together we can reach our goal.

Frank

MollySue2 06-03-2010 07:20 PM

kab407, welcome to Fitday and the Wed Club! Great to have you with us.

Frank, fantastic job on the two pounds lost!

Went for a 30 km bike ride yesterday, hope to go on another one today :) Yeah to sunshine and summer!

MollySue2 06-08-2010 05:49 PM

The Wed Club - Weekly Check-In for 6/9/10

Good morning everyone!

What have you got this week?

Best wishes, Molly

fourank 06-08-2010 06:10 PM

hello everyone! I hope you all had a great week!

I have lost 2 more pounds since last friday. I will have an official weigh in this coming friday and I will repost for all to know.

I am very excited. We are all doing so well.

Together we can reach our goals.

Frank

MollySue2 06-08-2010 06:26 PM

Great job, Fourank! Keep up the good work!!
By the way, the amount of exercises that you do impress me quite a bit!

After my cold induced break I got back on track on Thursday and worked out everyday since. Tried to stick to my calorie restriction (of 500) and skipped all foods with empty calories. And... I have lost 1.4 lbs! Yeah!

Hope you are all having a great week!