FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Exercise (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/exercise/)
-   -   The Wed Club - Weekly Check-In for 5/26/10 (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/exercise/1151-wed-club-weekly-check-5-26-10-a.html)

MollySue2 06-01-2010 08:09 PM

The Wed Club - Weekly Check-In for 6/2/10

Good morning everyone!

This is the place where you can be accountable for last week's successes, hiccups and downfalls - so bring it on!

NessaSonic 06-01-2010 10:31 PM

I just met 30lbs gone this morning!!!!

still 70 to go but WOOOOHOOOOO!

I haven't lost this much at one time in YEARS. I am 5lbs away from being less than 200lbs, which I also haven't been in years!

I'm eating more and this fat is just melting off this week. I'm losing more now than I was in the beginning! I wonder if it's the muscle mass I've been gaining that's finally kicking in? Maybe I wasn't eating enough before?

I'm not sure, but I love it!

I come on here every day for motivation, so I definitely couldn't be succeeding without all of you!

edit: I lost 3lbs since last wed. and I was on vacation for half of that!
Now on the the 100's!!!

mtlgirl 06-01-2010 11:39 PM

NessaSonic, congratulations! Awesome job!!!!! You are deifintely doing this the right way. It sounds like your metabolism has improved because of the way you are eating and all the exercise you are doing! Please tell us about your program!

I am a teensy bit disappointed. This week was my first week and I have lost 1.6 pounds. I was a little shocked at what a small number I pulled. Typically whenever I have embarked on a weight loss program (and there have been millions) I see a BIG number the first week. I mean, seriously, I went from eating muffins and cookies every day to fruits, veggies, lean protein and whole grains PLUS I exercised 6 times last week and zig-zagged between 1400 and 1800 calories per day. I was expecting a bigger number.... but I am not going to let this get me down. I'm very motivated (thanks in large part to this forum) and I know I have made progress in other ways. I ran 3 times last week, bicycled twice, and power-walked twice. I know I improved my fitness and my clothes feel a little looser so maybe only 1.5 pounds showed up on the scale but the benefits are so much more than that.

I saw my doctor and she prescribed a sleeping aid for me. She seems to think that the fact that I haven't slept through the night since 2009 is a major contributor to my lack of weight loss and my overall energy levels. Last night I took the first pill and slept from 11:30 pm to 5:30 am without waking... the longest stretch I have been able to sleep in months. I hope I don't have to take these sleeping aids for very long. I am so afraid of getting addicted to them and I resisted the pills for so long but my doctor and some of my friends finally talked me into it. I do need to sleep!

Okay, Everyone have a great day! Molly, we haven't heard about your week yet. Hope it was a great one!

GO WED CLUB! :)

fourank 06-01-2010 11:56 PM

NessaSonic amazing job. 30 pounds gone. wow! what an acomplisment you should be walking around with your chest held high.

mtlgirl never be dissapointed. the scale is still going down even if it is just a little it is still a win.

As for me I havent jumped on a scale since monday and I had lost 1 pound over the weekend. I will have more news by friday but I am hopeful.

Everyone else of the WED CLUB keep us posted and keep on pushing forward toward our mini and long term goals.

Frank

MollySue2 06-02-2010 01:17 AM

Hello everyone!

I was looking forward to hearing from all of you!

Nessasonic, this is sooo awesome!! Frank is right - you should walk about with your head held high! You go, honey!!!

Rose, don't be disappointed! The great news is: you are moving into the right direction! Your body might just need a little while to adjust to your new way of eating and exercising and respond to it accordingly. I have noticed that my body needs about a week to react to a change in diet and exercise. In any case your body benefits from your healthier lifestyle, so keep up the good work!

Frank, good job on the pound lost! Keep going!!

Unfortunately, I was sneezing and coughing all week long, so I couldn't really work out. I managed to go for a 1-hour bike ride on Monday and a 40-minute ride yesterday plus a 30-minute walk yesterday. Not much, I know, but better than nothing... However, I somehow managed to lose one pound, so I'm down to 127 lbs. We've got a long weekend coming up, so I hope I can fit in one or two good workouts.

Have a great week everyone!

tjkhoover 06-02-2010 10:59 AM

So proud of you Nessonic...gr8 job!

I am celebrating a 3lb. loss but mourning a physical set back. My PMD (paroxysmal movement disorder) is back. I am hoping I will go into remission quickly so I can get back on track. I will continue to watch what I am eating but it is difficult because I find that emotional eating is one of my problems. It is very difficult to go from jogging/walking to have to rely on others to help you walk, shower, etc....and I can't talk as well. Enough of that. I have to keep positive and prayerfully this will end quickly. Sometimes it can last a day or two other times months at a time. Hoping for the best.

I will continue to be supportive of my new WED Club friends and keep you up to date.

congrats everyone!

cjohnson728 06-02-2010 11:40 AM

NessaSonic, good on you! That is great news and I'm glad your hard work is paying off.

Mtlgirl, your doc may very well be right. Same thing has happened to my husband. He eventually had a sleep study done and now uses a CPAP mask. Sleep is important (and I need to be accountable for getting enough; that's one of my downfalls also). Hang in there and you will see a change soon. Your body is just sitting there with its hands on its hips waiting for you to go back to the muffins. When you don't, it'll have no choice but to go along.

Frank, gotta admire your willpower staying off the scale. Goodbye to that pound and many more to come!

Sorry you've been under the weather, MollySue. So much ick floating around right now; hope you got some rest and took care of yourself. Sounds like you stayed on plan for the most part if another pound is gone.

tjk, hang in there. Hopefully remission will come soon. Emotional frustration combined with physical frustration is the worst. Maybe it would help if you journaled your thoughts and feelings...it sounds like a real roller coaster ride for you. Hope things get better quickly for you. Do what you can and ask for help when you need to.

I've had a crazy week. Starting after I posted last week...good intentions and all that. For some reason last Wed. night I could not get enough to eat...nothing satisfied me. So I kept eating. Ended up doubling my calories. So I stayed off the scale for four days and was really good about eating and no major damage done, but I wish I knew why I did it. I started again with this on Monday but put the brakes on much earlier this time. Hopefully I can get a handle on it soon!

Oh, I guess since we are in the Exercise thread I should post that...in the past week I've run twice (treadmill), played tennis three times, and done strength training twice. Trying to find motivation for tonight, though...

Hope you all have a wonderful week!!

mtlgirl 06-02-2010 01:06 PM

Molly & Frank, thank you so much for the encouragement! Keep up your good work. Molly, I'm glad to hear you are feeling better.

Cassie, I don't have sleep apnea but I do wake up several times per night so the result is the same. It all started months ago when my dad was terminally ill and his condition became critical. My anxiety over the situation disrupted my sleep. I thought that after he passed away I would be able to sleep normally but I have had a hard time accepting the loss and can't seem to get a good night's rest. I am very hopeful that sleeping better and working through my emotions will help me. As for your crazy week and your insatiable appetite of last Wednesday night, I think you handled that perfectly. I recently picked up Dr. Oz's "You: On a Diet," and in it is a chapter on "you-turns." Here is a quote, "When you make a bad choice, repeat the YOU Diet mantra: "At the next available moment, make an authorized YOU-Turn." Get back on the right road. What kills any regimen of healthy eating isn’t the occasional slice of fudge cake or pizza; it’s what happens after the initial indulgence. This mantra reminds you that the harm isn’t in the mistake; it’s in not figuring out how to deal with it."

Jackie, I really feel bummed that you are having to face the challenges that you are presently facing but I so admire your positivity and your strength. And I really hear you when it comes to emotional eating. Something I haven't done in a long time -- and I was just reminded of it now as I read your post -- is to keep a journal. What used to help me the most is writing in the morning during breakfast, before turning on the computer or the TV. Just writing whatever pops into my mind, whatever I am feeling or dealing with in that moment. I even had some big revelations and it helped me to face the day. I really really hope that your current bout with PMD, lasts a very very short while. I'm pulling for you! Big hugs.

cjohnson728 06-02-2010 01:44 PM

Thanks for the pep talk, mtlgirl...and I hear you on the sleep. Lack of it affects us in a huge way, and probably in ways we don't even notice consciously. I understand your reluctance to take meds but sometimes it's necessary just to get back to equilibrium; it's not forever. I'm sorry for your loss of your dad; what a sad time. I went through that back in 2003 and it still breaks my heart, but time does heal the day to day pain of it. Be gentle on yourself and get some rest ;).

tjkhoover 06-02-2010 03:34 PM

Just wanted to say that we are all doing great and we will only do better along the way as long as we don't quit. Here is to the new things we will learn...new friends we will make....weight that is gone....and will be gone forever!