Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 7.9.12 Who's In? >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 7.9.12 Who's In?

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 7.9.12 Who's In?

Old 07-09-2012, 08:11 AM
Super Moderator

Hi folks! I'm checking in but no goals this week. I'm on vacation, so I'm just making good choices, kind of keeping a tally in my head, and so far so good (yesterday and today). Work got godawful crazy last week, a dear friend lost a family member, another close friend lost a job, then over Friday and Saturday we had the house torn up for new carpet, which is almost as fun as moving. But, like I said, so far so good; yesterday and today have been really healthy and I've got a court reserved for tennis in an hour; biking is tomorrow evening. I'll check in when I can and plan to hit it hard when I get home!
Old 07-09-2012, 09:14 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Cassie- youre eating and exercising sounds great. I wish the heavy rain would clear up here so i can have the WANT for going out in it.
Did you manage to read my message in last weeks motivational thread about what i know so far about my daughters referrals?
She has her second block of sessions with Speech Therapist starting 23rd July for 6 weeks-30 mins sessions each.
Old 07-09-2012, 10:45 AM
FitDay Member

Goals this week are turned toward kicking butt in the exercise area! DH and I went to the grocery yesterday and the fridge is packed with veggies, and little else available in the house where veggies would not be the main dish! As long as we don’t eat out it would take a lot of salad dressing to push me over 1500 cals, so I’m gonna shake up my goals this week:

Goals week of 7/9:
Find time to exercise every day.
Find a way to enjoy exercising every day!
Try a new group exercise at the Y.
Stop making excuses…
Be brave and cut off a ton of my hair at Tue appt.
Decorate the weird space above my fridge/stove. Vase, baskets? Looks weird with just a happy Buddha up there.
Drink plenty of H2O (esp while exercising!).
Work on my positive attitude… Birthday #40 is 2 months away and geez… maybe I am getting a little restless before kissing my 30’s goodbye?!?!
Find one day at home each week without DH and DS – ME time!

Stay Cool Everybody! Ama
39yo, 5’6”

Maintaining with a vengeance!
Old 07-09-2012, 12:19 PM
FitDay Member

Health / Fitness ...
1. 100 oz water daily M: Yes,
2. 5 Fruits/Veggies daily M: Yes even if some of them were part of a huge sandwich!,
3. Walk on lunch (except Monday...lunch with the hubby ) M: Day off,
4. Exercise 3 times M: Nope,
5. Weigh and post it M: 237.0lbs,

Life Goals ...
1. Water garden daily M: Yes,
2. Water houseplants (I neglect them) M: DONE!!
3. Keep laundry caught up, it felt good last week! M: Yes,
4. Take compliments without putting myself down as a reply M: Yes, about 6 times today!,

Wore a new top to work today that I bought for an outdoor wedding a few weeks ago. I got so many compliments! I really had to pause and not give the usual... "I have so much more to go" type of answer. I just smiled and said "Thank you" mostly. This is a hard thing for me.

Thought I would share the reason for the compliments today...

Last edited by wildbeanerz; 07-09-2012 at 02:12 PM. Reason: Edit to add a picture
Old 07-09-2012, 03:08 PM
FitDay Member

Just got back from a late evening walk. A quick check-in, then it's time for bed. Will catch up with everyone in the morning!

Health and Fitness:

1. Calories between 1000-1200. Yes
2. Minimum 80-90 oz. fluids daily. Yes
3. Minimum 3 fruits and veggies a day. Yes
4. Take all vitamins and supplements. Yes
5. No breads for breakfast or lunch. None
6. Walk daily. Yes

Personal Stuff:

1. Start article for paper. Need info.
2. Call for eye appointment. Done
3. Compliment someone new every day. You never know what their struggles are. Kind of.
4. Get quote for new tires. No
Old 07-09-2012, 03:10 PM
FitDay Member

April!

You look fantastic! What a difference... I can see why you're getting so many compliments! Keep going, girl... you'll meet your goal in no time!
Old 07-09-2012, 04:03 PM
FitDay Member

Did well all day, had a meeting to go to in the evening, and then went with my son to see a friend's new house. Didn't log my food, but I will do it tomorrow--easy to remember what I ate because it wasn't a whole lot. Exercise and water were good.

Welcome perfectparanoia

April, you DO look fantastic!

Hi and hugs to the rest of you. I'm tired and going to bed early. Will catch you all tomorrow.
Old 07-09-2012, 04:05 PM
FitDay Member

LOL--I thought I was going to bed EARLY. Didn't know it was past midnight.

G'night y'all.
Old 07-09-2012, 11:45 PM
FitDay Member

Health / Fitness ...
1. 100 oz water daily M: Yes,
2. 5 Fruits/Veggies daily M: Yes even if some of them were part of a huge sandwich!,
3. Walk on lunch (except Monday...lunch with the hubby ) M: Day off,
4. Exercise 3 times M: Nope,
5. Weigh and post it M: 237.0lbs, T: 237.4lbs (not bad considering how I ate yesterday),

Life Goals ...
1. Water garden daily M: Yes,
2. Water houseplants (I neglect them) M: DONE!!
3. Keep laundry caught up, it felt good last week! M: Yes,
4. Take compliments without putting myself down as a reply M: Yes, about 6 times today!,

Thanks Quinn & Mern! This whole compliment thing is a challenge. I have never been the type that people complimented and I always have the image in my mind that I still have so much to go.

I am still having a tough time knowing what my ultimate goal is. I am tall and I feel that I am not a small build person. I guess I will figure that out as I continue on. I have this fear in the back of my mind that I could get thin but then would be built like a man, LOL! I think it is because I notice when I stand next to another woman who is about my height I feel broader than they are. These stupid self-esteem issues are the worst. I am getting better about dressing in a way that accentuates what I have. The only thing is that I soon need to shop for more tops. I have mostly been making due with what I have had since before I started and most of them are fitting pretty close to looking like a sack now. I have concentrated on pants and let the shirt department go. I guess my next shopping trip will be for tops. Oh...and I used to NEVER EVER wear skirts and now I do 2-3 times a week. They just seem to fit me better than most pants right now. Dress pants are too big on my legs for the most part.

Who knew I had all that in there to pour out? Thanks for reading!
Old 07-10-2012, 12:04 AM
FitDay Member

April - You look fantastic!!! Love the shirt! Thanks for sharing. I am not as tall as your are, at 5'6", but I have broad shoulders and am well endowed in the chest dept. Shirts are hard to find as I usually need to buy a size up to fit my shoulders. I like shirts that cross over in the front and make a sort of V neck, with layers of fabric around the middle that hang looser and hide a lot of tummy. The kind with ties can be adjusted to fit are always good finds. I hope you find time to go shopping and have some fun!

Ama

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.