Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 7.9.12 Who's In?

Old 07-09-2012, 06:28 AM
FitDay Member

Nobe, I'm usually up two pounds the day after eating salty foods. Best wishes on your goals this week.

Hope, are you feeling any better today? I hope you make number six in your goals. LOL

Mike, kudos for trying to stick to the plan at least through Friday. Where ya going on vacation?

I'm going to not allow myself back on here until I get in my exercise.
Will probably not log back in until this evening.
Old 07-09-2012, 06:29 AM
FitDay Member

Tori, way to go on your 2 lb. loss!
Old 07-09-2012, 06:37 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I'm in. I must have really partied like a rock star yesterday b/c I'm up nearly 5 pounds from yesterday.
Holy cow!! Did you eat the whole cake??
Old 07-09-2012, 06:41 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Mike, LOL on not going overboard with your 4500 calorie controlled cheat. That 5 lb. gain must contain water retention--can't be from just one day.

Question for cooks:

Yesterday I made some BBQ sauce from scratch. After it simmered for 30 minutes I readjusted the seasonings and it was delicious. But after it cooled, it was bland for the second time. I had to add more Worcestershire sauce, black pepper and chili powder again to give it any flavor at all.

I don't remember having that problem before with homemade tomato based BBQ sauce. This new recipe had diet cola in it. Could that have anything to do with depleting the flavor of the spices?
Mern,

Just a couple of thoughts on the cooking question. Sauces will always taste differently hot and cold. When foods are hot, the spices intensify. Secondly. the artificial sweetener in the Diet Coke could also be a culprit. As you know, some artificial sweeteners just don't hold up to heat. Just a thought.
Old 07-09-2012, 06:45 AM
FitDay Member

Well, I just spent the better part of the morning trying to dig my daughter out of a speeding ticket... grrrrrrrrrr. All because she took a friend to lunch 25 miles away. Guess who's buying her own gas from now on! What a putz!
Old 07-09-2012, 06:55 AM
FitDay Member

Hiya everyone- congratulations on those that had a good week and for them who fell off the wagon-time to move on and make this week a good one!

I lost 2 and a half pound this morning at weigh in and im so pleased- just 1lb more and im in the 10stone something range- thats where im heading this week!
The extra exercise really helped this week and im glad i made the extra effort to do more.
Ive eaten corned beef stew with dumplings for tea though which is a VERY unhealthy food choice but its done now and the rest of the week i intend to be healthier.

# 5% fat rule on each food
# 1200 cals daily
# 2 litres of water daily
# use resistance band daily for 30 mins
# walk as much as possible
# exercise to make me sweat!!!! No slacking!

Other goals
# take care of my skin
# apply for jobs daily
# pay attention to stress levels
# act happier and i will become happier!
Old 07-09-2012, 06:56 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
Wow! Was it worth it? LOL

A customer of mine's wife makes rum cakes and he told me the other day that towards the end of this month she will be live on QVC selling them. I thought that was odd but more power to her!
It depends how how quickly I can reverse the damage. I did get the craving out my system. It was getting pretty bad, I felt like a drug addict as I was making the cake. I couldn't wait to lick the bowl and beaters. The first couple pieces were absolute heaven, after that I was just making a pig of myseld. I don't think I'd ever want to get any food off of QVC, just seems odd.

Mike, LOL on not going overboard with your 4500 calorie controlled cheat. That 5 lb. gain must contain water retention--can't be from just one day.

Question for cooks:

Yesterday I made some BBQ sauce from scratch. After it simmered for 30 minutes I readjusted the seasonings and it was delicious. But after it cooled, it was bland for the second time. I had to add more Worcestershire sauce, black pepper and chili powder again to give it any flavor at all.

I don't remember having that problem before with homemade tomato based BBQ sauce. This new recipe had diet cola in it. Could that have anything to do with depleting the flavor of the spices?
I think a good bit of it is water weight. Time to shed it but I can really see the change in my gut. Have you tried to reheat the sauce and see if the flavor comes back? Many things taste different hot and cold.

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
I'm in. I didn't do horribly last week, even if I did slip off the wagon Friday night. Down 2 pounds. Could have been more, but considering I've gained the last few weeks, any loss is still a loss. I'll post my goals when I get home
Awesome job! Could have been more?? Be happy and TAKE any loss you can get.

Mike, kudos for trying to stick to the plan at least through Friday. Where ya going on vacation?
I'll be in the Ft. Walton/ Destin area. It look like I may have some rainy days, but it beats staying home.

Originally Posted by quinnesec
Holy cow!! Did you eat the whole cake??
Nope, I saved you a piece. I think I ate 1/3 of it. I attached and finished the first 1/4 in about 10 minutes.
Old 07-09-2012, 06:57 AM
FitDay Member

Well lunch out with hubby was what I expected. We went to a local sandwich place and I did not opt for a healthy choice. LOL...It is what it is. We lunch together so rarely lately that I wanted to eat something bad. I knew I would. I chose it and ate all of it. I will probably not eat anything more than a yogurt or cottage cheese for dinner tonight because of it. It's all good!
Old 07-09-2012, 06:59 AM
FitDay Member

Can I join? My goals for the week are:

1. Do my weight training 3 times (this should be easy since my bathroom is being renoed so I can ONLY shower at the gym).
2. Eat an average of less than 1400 calories.
3. Get at least 80 grams of protein a day from real food.
4. Figure out what I am going to do during the week of the 23rd for a gym (my new gym won't be open for another week and my old membership is expiring)

Non-health related goals:
1. Find my house. We were very busy on the weekend and the laundry is undone and there appears to be stuff everywhere.
2. Convince my mother that I am okay. (My sister lost a bunch of weight and then had a nervous breakdown. Now my mom is phoning me every day to make sure that I am not losing my mind. Seriously, I feel great!)
Old 07-09-2012, 07:11 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by perfectparanoia
Can I join? My goals for the week are:

1. Do my weight training 3 times (this should be easy since my bathroom is being renoed so I can ONLY shower at the gym).
2. Eat an average of less than 1400 calories.
3. Get at least 80 grams of protein a day from real food.
4. Figure out what I am going to do during the week of the 23rd for a gym (my new gym won't be open for another week and my old membership is expiring)

Non-health related goals:
1. Find my house. We were very busy on the weekend and the laundry is undone and there appears to be stuff everywhere.
2. Convince my mother that I am okay. (My sister lost a bunch of weight and then had a nervous breakdown. Now my mom is phoning me every day to make sure that I am not losing my mind. Seriously, I feel great!)
Welcome! Always room for another member on the wagon! Nice goals too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.