Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 01/23/12 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 01/23/12

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 01/23/12

Old 01-26-2012, 04:29 AM
FitDay Member

Mike I love the goals and the way you set it out. Not set up to fail either. Think I'll try it out. Thanks for posting the motivation. L

Last edited by SPAMLEY; 01-26-2012 at 04:30 AM. Reason: didn't say what it referred to
Old 01-26-2012, 05:24 AM
FitDay Member

So, I was sooo totally late for work this morning. This insomnia is killin' me!! And then just now at lunch I find out that my ex roommates had their baby yesterday and I had to find out on FaceBook. I won't lie, my feelings were a tad bit hurt. Then I find out that apparently the grandma of the baby wasn't letting anyone come up to the hospital anyway. Apparently there were LOTS of hurt feelings. They didn't even let my cousin go up there and she's the baby's mama's best friend. And there's not really anyone who has done more for them. It's all crazy!!
Old 01-26-2012, 05:29 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks to you all for the congrats on the 10lb loss. That feels good that from their (the Doctor's office) numbers, I've made a lot of progress.

almeeker ~ My goodness. It helps to have a knowledgeable nutritionist/dietician when they are there to help guide you thru the maze of recommendations & orders. Yup! The one I go to is very helpful & also shared some of her reasoning as to why she was recommending my particular plan for nutrition.

She also shared the reasons (upon my questioning) of why she chose the profession that she is in. She has a passion for people. If health insurance will not pay for these visits, she'll put me on a sliding scale fee. It actually makes me feel rich in that I have personal (spell?) attention. I'm also to phone her once a month to give report of how it's going. Is that accountability or what?!

------------

I started tracking my weight on my own scales a bit later than my 1st visit to my current Dr's office. So my launching pad is a bit different. I'll soon have "another" 10 lb loss -- kind of like 2 birthdays.

Today (Thursday) is the 1st day of my FIT Challenge. I decided that I'm going to let go of last week & start fresh. I have to think thru a bit about the exercise with the pulled/tight muscle. I'm going to hold off of Toning, but I believe low impact walking should be just fine. What a bummer - but now I just need to be creative.
------------------------------
Mike~~ You're still being healthy with all that's going on - I'm impressed. I guess the Count keeps you in order!
Old 01-26-2012, 05:36 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
So, I was sooo totally late for work this morning. This insomnia is killin' me!! And then just now at lunch I find out that my ex roommates had their baby yesterday and I had to find out on FaceBook. I won't lie, my feelings were a tad bit hurt. Then I find out that apparently the grandma of the baby wasn't letting anyone come up to the hospital anyway. Apparently there were LOTS of hurt feelings. They didn't even let my cousin go up there and she's the baby's mama's best friend. And there's not really anyone who has done more for them. It's all crazy!!
Awwwww . .. Hugs for you, Torie. Sounds like Grandma is very much a controller - not a fun situation. I really hope you can get some good sleep tonight.
Old 01-26-2012, 05:39 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Wednesday Goals

Trying again, this is the third time I've tried to post this today, I hope it takes!

Good Morning Everyone! Yesterday was not a great day, started out with a terrible headache that I fought all day, and it kept me off the treadmill in the morning and I wasn't able to increase my steps during the day because I was just too busy. Still have a headache today, but I'm still hoping to increase steps today. Food was good yesterday and will be again today, I did put a new battery in my scale but sadly that was not the problem. So, all I know to do is to try to increase my activity since my calories are already pretty low. It's tough getting old. Anyway, here are the stats from yesterday...

1200-1400 cals M-1220, T-1156, W-1230
80 oz water M-80 oz, T-80 oz W-64 oz
Treadmill T-W-F-Su M-off day, T-45 min W-No
5000 steps on off days M-4895, T-4189
8000 on TM days T-4989
Post here Every Day! M-Done!, T-Done! W-Done

I also want to say that I do read all your posts everyday and I think you are all wonderful people and you are doing a great job juggling your healthy lifestyles with your everyday lives. I appreciate all the kind words and advice you have given me, and I hope that as I get to know you all better I can help to support you as well. Kay, I hope you feel even better today, and I hope you all have a great day!

Julie
Old 01-26-2012, 06:43 AM
FitDay Member

Quinn. Glad you enjoy my other ramblings. So artistic versus scientific, hmm, at school I was best at the arts and English, circumstances took me down the road of Physiotherapist
which was very scientific, and now I work with computers most of the time and I find that I am pretty good at finding my way round the systems. However, arts and languages come reasonably easy to me whilst the anatomy, physiology and physics were a struggle. I ended up as a good intuitive physio but trying to explain rationale and justify why my treatments were working was very hard. My best friend is an amazing physio who has completed lots of research, can tell you all the muscles, tendons etc, how the various body systems work in detail but she has never read a classic book and can't spell for toffee. We both went to Italian classes and it took her 3 times as long to grasp the basic phrases, but she is so clever in other ways. So yes it is rare for arty people to excel in the sciences and vice versa.

Amy. No it's a blackberry.

Bf is off to a Burns Night tonight where they celebrate the Scots poet Rabbie Burns. My Unit is having one this Saturday but the menu is not to my taste, Haggis, tatties and neeps (that's potatoes and turnips) and Cranachan which is made with whipped cream, whiskey, honey, oatmeal and raspberries so I will give it a miss.
Old 01-26-2012, 06:52 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone- im very tired today. I will let you all know that the new neighbours have an extremely high sex life- either that or they keep being interrupted by their 6 month old. I literally have not been able to sleep cos they are at it for what feels like 20 mins 3 times a night. With the sound of the banging its been waking me up- i didnt sleep til 3.30am this morning and then had to wake for school at 7am. I ended up going in to sleep in my kids room so i wasnt next to their bedroom!! Im all for having lots of that kind of activity but because they dont seem to work its fine when you can stay in bed but i have to get up early. I dont really want to mention it to them cos i have a feeling if they get the attention it will happen more and then i seriously will be in a foul mood. I used to have neighbours that blasted their music out at all hours on school nights- i mean early hours and my kids woke up- i mentioned it politely and explained that im not a party pooper but on school nights/work nights i find it unacceptable- anyway it carried on and i got super stressed out. Was pleased to see the back of them!
Im starting to feel sleep deprived!!!!! Am i over-reacting?? Its literally been every night, from 10pm-3am / 3-4 times with really loud banging against the walls. I dont mean to sound like im keeping tabs but its been like this for 4 weeks now like a routine and its driving me crazy- also doesnt help cos the last thing i want is to get down with my boyfriend cos theyve put me off! Am i letting it bother me too much? Does anyone understand?
Old 01-26-2012, 07:08 AM
FitDay Member

Tracey. Totally understand, I had " the howler and screamer" in the house next to me for a year and they had a very active sex life except on weekends when they went out, got drunk, came home and rowed. Nearly drove me mad, it's off putting too when you want to get jiggly with it, especially if you are the more quiet type and the neighbours now make you feel that you are the odd one and you worry that your BF thinks you couldn't possibly be enjoying yourself if you're not howling like a banshee. I opened a bottle of champagne the day they moved out.
Old 01-26-2012, 07:43 AM
FitDay Member

I exist! Red week so far! I'm driving the struggle bus.

WHY IS RUSH SO HARD?! Why can't we just be like "Hey... come to the gym" Or "Hey... let's go running?" NO. Of course we have to put on near sedentary events that still engage the minds while forcing them to show their personalities.

[Insert more whining here] [Still more whining] [Almost done whining][Whining session completed]

OHmygod, you guise! So I've gotten into this awful habit of eating 2lbs of steak at once. EEK! I don't know why, but all I seem to want is protein! Have the Supernova Workout night finalized and I'll be super stoked to get those going!

I am so nervous about the social greek interviews! Do you guys have any hints or tips as to how to compose myself and/or makeup and/or clothing? I have NO idea as to how to dress for a weightlifters body while being super girly and I NEED to learn.

I'm thinking white sweater with a multicolored scarf (to cover the lack of boob), then a neutral colored skirt at the waist (brown-> gray) with some kind of pop ( IDK WHAT THOUGH) and then some crazy shoes. OPINIONS PLEASE?!

Last edited by mhibdon; 01-26-2012 at 07:51 AM.
Old 01-26-2012, 07:50 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Yikes you guys, it has taken me an hour to catch up with everyone's lives. But it has been a very enjoyable hour indeed!

It's funny I can't call myself particulary artitistic, nor am I much of a numbers person - even though I am a scientist. I am quite creative, however and a good problem solver. I think that the strengths that help me along is the ability to understand all of the individual parts or components and yet still see and understand the big picture. I am also very good at seeing how things change over time. Since I study the effects of air pollution, temperature and various other environmental factors on plant biology. And then how changes in plant biology impact the whole ecosystem, those talents have served me well. But as most of you know, I am a lousy speller and usually have to reach for a calculator for simple math.

For Mike: I had my mammo last fall. It was clean except the radiologists noted that it since I have implants I need to come back in a year. This was a bit perplexing as I most definitely NO NOT have implants, so I just hope she was reading the right films .

Fit - whoo hooo on the 10 lbs and getting to celebrate it twice!
Kay I have a good friend w/an autistic son. She basically stopped working for the first few years of his educations just so that she could keep the school and school system on track meeting his needs. He is now in college and although he still struggles with translating verbal instructions into action, he is doing quite well.

Tracey, have you tried pounding on the wall between you and the naughty neighbors? It might only take one try to embarrass into quieting down a bit.

Tori, I agree... time to go buy yourself a hot little anklet to celebrate your newly emerged ankles.

Darlene, I have always had to trim the kitties claws at least periodically - even the more outdoor kitties. But you are right, since one doesn't go out at all and the other only breifly, it has become more of a regular thing now.

Hey Amy, congrats on your potential new career path in wellness! I actually think you would be dynamite. Nothing like experience to help others who are traveling a path you have already broken.

Fitness & diet
1. 2 liters H20, one during the day, one after M=not quite, T=Y, W=Y
2. No white food M=N (rice), T=Y, W=Y
3. 2 yoga sessions , W=Y
4. 2 runs (even if they turn to walks) W=Y
5. 2 Crossfit, T=Y
6. Carbs less than 40%, M=N, T=Y
7. 90g protein M=N, T=Y, W=N
8. 1600 calories per day M=not quite, T=N (waaay over – not sure what got into me… oh yeah too much food got into me!), W=Y
9. 2 fruits per day M=Y, T=Y, W= I can’t remember

Home, hearth & work
10. 1 random act of kindness/day M=N, quite the opposite (a non random act of kindness turned into a kerfuffle), T=Y, W=Y(most definitely)
11.Trim trees and chip
12. Finish edits on manuscript M=in progress, T=N (lab stuff), W=N

It's been an up and down weed for me. I have gotten a ton of exercise in, but work has been quite fragmented, just as I settle down to do one task something else interrupts my train of thought and I have to change gears. The result is that I haven't gotten much done this week and it is already Thursday. I haven't made any seriously bad food choices, but portion control and balance have been a little off. But all in all I won't complain.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.