Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 01/23/12

Old 01-24-2012, 06:47 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
OMG, BAH HA HA HA, ROFLOL, I'm gonna spritz my nickers.
Wow, that's like what The Queen would say. Very ladylike way of putting it, Lady Amy. Hmm, that's interesting about being down on the scale the day after skiing and then it coming back again. I could see burning extra calories from the fright of it--but could it also be water loss from "spritzing your knickers" out of the sheer terror of it? LOL I got a good chuckle out of the octopus story.

Lizzie, sharing recipes is a lot of fun. I didn't know coeliacs could eat flaxmeal, either. I hope your sister enjoys the muffins.
Old 01-24-2012, 06:53 AM
FitDay Member

2 words, pimp stick.
That'll do it!
Old 01-24-2012, 07:14 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
That'll do it!
Mern, I think it's time for you to throw on your leather bustier (or whatever it is you dominatrix types wear for fun) and make yourself a new avatar.
Old 01-24-2012, 07:22 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Mern
That man draws out the dirty old lady skank in me for some reason.

2 words, pimp stick.

I swear y'all have lost it. Pimp cane > pimp stick.
Old 01-24-2012, 07:24 AM
FitDay Member

Lord, I spend a few hours actually doing some work and I miss all the good stuff. Who knew Mern was into BDSM??? With her whips, steel toed boots and dominatrix outfits. GEEZZZZ....

Y'all have had me rolling!!
Old 01-24-2012, 07:38 AM
FitDay Member

Ma2828 Welcome!

Amy I love your attention to weekends I need to pay attention to my plan I seem to be getting 4 or 5 good days and a couple really bad ones also. Congrats on 3lbs gone! I will never order taco in japan good to know,lol.

Mern Our son’s only moving an hour and a half away and he got an amazing job offer to coach at a gym with no boys program so he will be building the team from the ground up, he’s pretty excited about it. His gf also just got offered a full time dental assistant job around the corner from their new place so it’s coming together very nicely for them. My dd originally moved out when she was going to college and then got sick but she claims out of all the crappy things she’s been through her brother living in the basement while she’s stuck in the small bedroom is the thing that bugs her the most, she has furniture to fill the basement in storage while he had his bed, couch and computer desk in this huge basement room. At one point she even tried to pay him to trade her rooms, he claimed he waited for years for her to leave it was his right to have the good room now.

Pam Wow at 6am I only want to sleep I admire your gumption to start your day with exercise.

Mike I will gladly pray for lots of new customers and renewals so you can get to your goals, its awesome to hear your self motivation in your posts again.

Tori Good job on the teeth brushing, lol, I hope you can get your walk in today.

Cassie I hope the mammo goes well I will pray you are boring and normal in this area of your life.

April Nice green start for you this week, maybe you need to invest in a new scale yours sounds defective!

Kim I only manage to pound out the 1000 calorie deficit days when I hike and still do my half an hour of weight for squats and abs that’s only twice a week other than that my average is about 500 calories also. I had never hiked before I landed on this forum and a few of the ladies here are big hikers and they would post their experiences and pictures and every time I seen it I thought that doesn’t sound like exercise to me and it turns out I love it so I guess my point is find something you love that doesn’t feel like exercise and you will do it longer and your deficit will drop also.

Lizzie Was the view at least worth the struggle? I think my friend would of loved it if a little bus showed up to help her.

I got the last of my sons stuff well 90% of it loaded on the truck, he left his computer they have no internet yet he claims he will be home tomorrow night he left strict instructions for his sister to stay out of his room he has paid rent until the 31st. She informed him she will miss him even though he’s an a$$ and now she’s wondering if it’s worth cleaning their bathroom if he’s still going to be here using it. I am going to take her out this afternoon to check out paint and flooring, that should make her happy and keep me distracted from the fact my baby is leaving me. Have a great day everyone.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:43 AM
FitDay Member

Hi there everyone- hope youve all had a good diet day!! Im feeling a bit better- not 100% but getting there. Calories have stayed at 1200-1400 a day so im happy that being poorly hasnt put me off track. Weigh in tomorrow at my group so i will post how i do. Just watching Biggest Loser here which keeps me motivated.
The frozen fruit is great for not wasting- especially bananas- now i buy a bumper pack- keep about 3 out that i know i will eat fresh then i cut them up and pop them in a container and put them in freezer. Then i just take out handfuls for snacking or adding to a delicious smoothie with skimmed milk and a few berries- yum!
Old 01-24-2012, 09:00 AM
FitDay Member

Darlene. By the time we got to the top it was snowing hard so the view was completely obscured lol. BF runs a course in Budapest twice a year now so I am planning to go back when it's warmer and check out that view.
Old 01-24-2012, 09:59 AM
FitDay Member

Uh-oh, I think I opened a can of worms.

Amy, DH doesn't want me advertising with an avatar.

Mike, you always know all the correct words.

Tori, DH wouldn't have hung around for 40 years willingly.

OK, on to other stuff

Darlene, yeah, an hour and a half away isn't too bad. I can understand how exciting that must be for you and for your son about his building the boys program from the ground up. Great that everything is falling into place for them with GF also getting a job right around the corner from their new place. LOL on the brother-sister spat over the big basement room. Sounds like they really love each other, though--DD saying she'll miss him. LOL

Tracey, yes, I've had a great diet day again so far. I'm glad you're feeling somewhat better. Great that you had all that frozen fruit. Oh, man, I wish I could eat bananas--it's my favorite taboo fruit. But with managing my blood sugar without meds, I have to stick to melon (except water melon) and berries--occasionally I eat half a peach. But I'm OK with that. I did order some banana flavored low carb protein shake mix, so I'm looking forward to that.

Last edited by Mern; 01-24-2012 at 10:02 AM.
Old 01-24-2012, 10:25 AM
FitDay Member

I noticed today I'm feeling more energetic than I have been in a long time. I haven't changed my exercise or food or supplements. Only thing different is that I bumped up my water and protein.

DH's doctors office called today and said there were some irregularities in his routine EKG so she wants him to have a stress test. He's never had heart problems and hadn't been having any problems of which we are aware. This doctor is a test freak--slightest little irregularity and she orders more tests which always show everything is fine or nothing to be concerned about, so we're not going to worry until we know we have something to worry about. But I agree it's better to be safe than sorry, especially because DH's mother died of congestive heart failure.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.