Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
The Holidays are OVER, NO MORE EXCUSES, Motivational Thread Starting 1/9/12 >

The Holidays are OVER, NO MORE EXCUSES, Motivational Thread Starting 1/9/12

Community
Notices

The Holidays are OVER, NO MORE EXCUSES, Motivational Thread Starting 1/9/12

Old 01-10-2012, 07:02 AM
FitDay Member

Darlene ~ I got the fiber from what I ate. Right now my challenge is to eat the right amounts! When I track, I decided to not add in any supplements, just to see what I get by food/drink. I naturally don't go for the fiber foods. Hopefully, I'll change my tendency as time goes on.
Old 01-10-2012, 11:14 AM
Super Moderator

Ladies, I'm in a funk and just hope I can make some progress this week. Without boring y'all with details (for once) lets just say that I've had a lot going on and feel mentally drained. My diet hasn't been good today, because I haven't eaten hardly anything. Damn I know I'm going to sound like one of y'all crazy women but I feel stressed, depressed and edgy. I think I'm going to get some food and try to force myself to go to the gym. I feel like going to bed though.
Old 01-10-2012, 11:21 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I think I'm going to get some food and try to force myself to go to the gym. I feel like going to bed though.
If you do this, I promise you will feel better afterwards.

I hear you, and sorry you're in a funk. Do something good for you that also makes you feel good.

One thing at a time.
Old 01-10-2012, 11:34 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks Cassie. I keep telling myself that but...

Part of not wanting to go to the gym is probably b/c I'm low on food and energy. I just want to get out this damn funk. I hope today I don't have a black cloud over my head.
Old 01-10-2012, 11:37 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Thanks Cassie. I keep telling myself that but...

Part of not wanting to go to the gym is probably b/c I'm low on food and energy. I just want to get out this damn funk. I hope today I don't have a black cloud over my head.
How about a peanut butter sandwich and a banana? Feel-good, taste-good food that will give you plenty of energy for the gym and make you feel like you're taking care of your body as well.

Here's the deal. I'm having a horrible day also. I'm out of calories already and I need to exercise tonight. I will if you will .
Old 01-10-2012, 11:39 AM
FitDay Member

Struggled a little today. I hurt all over, the weather is turning here. It was 50 degrees F today, which for a January in Michigan is NUTS! But given the way I'm hurting all over we're def in a high pressure system, which mean probably snow or rain, and plenty of it, later this week. The worst part is that I've passed this walking barometer gene on to all the kids and they are soooo cranky it's not even funny. They are at each others throats for no apparent reason.

I was also hungry all freaking day, but I hung on to the plan by my fingernails. Tomorrow should be better I have to run errands all day, so the opportunity to snack will be non-existent.

Mern, so long as the boy arrives with the muffin intact, he's welcome to stay, one more at this point will only impact the grocery bill marginally at worst. He'll be on the hook to help get himself breakfast here too, and I still have a high chair in my kitchen to threaten him with. Good luck tomorrow.

April, when I was a kid we were always a little late to everything, and being the only member of the family that was socially required to sport enormous hair in public, I always took the heat for us being tardy. But guess what? I found out in college that it wasn't me, okay yes occasionally I run late, but it's not the rule, it's the exception. My parents and brothers however run late on a regular basis. I'm more of a JIT person, not early, not late, just in time, slide in sideways.

I always seem to catch whatever bug you guys are passing around, so I'm just saying right now, keep hold of your scale voodoo, it's not welcome here in my house. I have a WW scale, bought it maybe 3 years ago, $30-40ish at Wal-Mart, love it. It always weighs me at one number and wobbles around a little, then picks a higher number and no matter how many times I step on it after that, it goes straight to the higher number.

Speaking of crud getting passed around, how are you Darlene? Any relief from the nasty bug you've got? I'm sending you a little cyber-chicken soup eh.

Mern, your buses sound polar opposite to ours. We live 6 blocks from the school, which is too close for the bus, in fact any child within a 2 mi radius from the school is a walker. The problem for us is that the kids have to cross 2 very busy roads to get to school. There are crossing guards at both of those spots, but even still, it's downright dangerous in the dark. Eldest DD has to be at her safety post at 7:30am, and right now it's almost pitch black out at that time, so I end up driving them most days. Once the daylight gets a little longer she'll be out riding her bike to school again. I'll still have to take the youngest. She's in Kindergarten, but somehow she's very slow on her bike. It would take her forever to ride her bike to school.

Last edited by almeeker; 01-10-2012 at 11:41 AM.
Old 01-10-2012, 11:40 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
How about a peanut butter sandwich and a banana? Feel-good, taste-good food that will give you plenty of energy for the gym and make you feel like you're taking care of your body as well.

Here's the deal. I'm having a horrible day also. I'm out of calories already and I need to exercise tonight. I will if you will .
Well, you still need to eat, just watch it closer throughout the week. I have a bowl of white beans and rice sitting in front of me now... not really feeling it though. You've got a deal. I will go to the gym, I don't know how hard I'll be able to push it though.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:02 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the welcome! I just finished doing one of my homework assignments for the week. I got up a couple times and went to the fridge out of habit, but managed to get through it with only a stick of sugarless gum. Plan to get in a brief workout still this evening, so I'd better get off the computer.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:04 PM
FitDay Member

Mike, aw, sweetie, so sorry you're in that funk--stressed, depressed, and edgy. I know this is something you want to deal with yourself. Just know we're sending you lots of cyberhugs. I hope a good sleep will make you feel more rested and ready to face your challenges ahead tomorrow.

Hope, congrats on the pound lost and on all your other admirable accomplishments!

Hope and Amy, lol on the muffins. Fix my GS's breakfast problem and I'll send ou a dozen more.

Aw, I think Amy wants a son really bad. OK, sending one for her and one for the 7 year old son to eat on his way from Ohio. LOL

April, did you know that Liz Taylor deliberately left instructions for the funeral director to be 15 minutes late bringing her body to the funeral--because she was always late and people often joked she'd be late to her own funeral. She had a great sense of humor. Yeah, I can't quite put my finger on it, though. Is the width of the forum a little different and more compact? Whatever it is, I like it way better.

Pam, thanks for going into more detail with your BP issue. Wow, it is more complicated than I thought. My DH was so lucky to have been able to lower his with diet alone, losing weight, and bumping up exercise. Keep us posted how that's going and what the doc recommends.

Darlene, your husband must know her personally. I've told my GD many times, "I love you dearly, but you have to learn that my entire world does not revolve around you." Ooh, that hit home, sometimes I do that myself--gripe as I'm doing chores, but even though I know who made the extra work for me, I say "whoever" did such and such a thing should be more considerate. But the guilty party never admits to it and things never change. LOL Thanks for your congrats on my 2 miles. How was our hike? Did it make you feel better or even more weak? That's great that your bp meds are so mild and have few long term side effects.

Mike, wonderful, simple goals. Best wishes. We know you can do it.

Volleyballgranny, hi and welcome. I'm a big fan of low carb as is my doc. I brought my blood sugar down from pre-diabetic to normal on low carb and my husband brought his blood pressure down to normal on it. Congrats on sticking to your goals!

Last edited by Mern; 01-10-2012 at 12:12 PM.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:07 PM
FitDay Member

Amy: I love the idea of Valentine's Day cards. The few years that I did send them I got a lot of positive feedback. They chase away the February doldrums.

Mern: I like your idea about eating treats moderately. Sometimes I can pull it off and sometimes they trigger sugar cravings. Definitely an area I could use improvement in! I just figured since we were on the No More Excuses program, I'd get a little strict with myself. I don't believe in doing strict all the time-in fact I think it's unhealthy and can lead to eating disorders. My aim is to hit my goal and then relax a little. As long as I'm logging on Fitday, I never get off for very long. Steph (27) and Dana (31) are 2 of my 4 kids. The other two are Michelle (17) and Brent (29). Thanks for asking. Jamie is a fellow we're helping out at church.

Everyone sounds like they are off to a good start! MIKE: Atta boy in getting to the gym! It's okay if you sound like a whiny woman now and then. Must be getting in touch with your feminine side

day 5-6 mini meals a day (1 protein/1 complex carb each, at least 2 green veggies) T: Y (except only 1 veggie)
1500-1600 K 40/40/20 ratio*T:Yes
*if kept @ 1500, get free meal
Aim for 84 oz H2o (but no less than 64 oz) daily (finish by 6 pm)T:No-51 oz.
workout 3x weights, 3x high intensity cardioT:Y
Aim for new personal best each day
Floss nightly[COLOR="Blue"]M:[/COLhttp://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/images/editor/menupop.gifOR]Y
Aim for 8 hrs sleep nightlyM:Y-9 hrs.
Log & report dailyT:Y

Family Goals

Steph's 27th BD Sat.-that's where that free meal can fit
Order plane tickets for Dana's grad.Not yet

Spiritual Goals

A.M. & P.M. prayer/meditationM:Y;T:Y
Bible Study group Wed Night (beware of desserts!)
RCIA Group Thurs. (beware of desserts!)
Mass Sat.
Fast Track for Jamie Sun.

Prof Goals

Order CE material Not yet
Practice golf program-get down to 40 min. Not yet

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.