Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 11/21 Oh Boy, Here Comes Thanksgiving! >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 11/21 Oh Boy, Here Comes Thanksgiving!

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 11/21 Oh Boy, Here Comes Thanksgiving!

Old 11-24-2011, 02:53 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Just a quick note before I pack up the computer to head down south. Here is wishing everyone a peaceful and fun day with friends and family. I just love the upbeat optimism everyone shares, even during times of trial.

Be well, enjoy a break in the routine as I am sure everyone will hop right back on the wagon come the weekend.

Much affection to all...
Old 11-24-2011, 05:42 AM
FitDay Member

Rose 3.8 is not bad at all you should bounce back in no time. Sugar free lemon squares that sounds like a recipe you should share mmm. Thanks for the hug it’s appreciated.

Mike, Mern and Pam enjoy your turkey supper and may your day be full of the blessing that come from family and friends.

Mary I am excited to hear about your results it’s obviously working for you if you are planning your next cleanse already.

Well like Rose and Mary I am just having a normal cold Canadian day. I am off to hike the lake but it’s looking pretty yucky out I might need a raincoat it is 5c hear so a little warmer than Roses -2 but if my weather page is right Mary has 11c and sunshine wish I was there. Have a great day everyone.

Happy Thanksgiving
Old 11-24-2011, 06:04 AM
Super Moderator

Mern, I hope all is going well for you and your family. I'm glad your granddaughter is doing better.

Mary, thanks & enjoy day 4.

Darlene, I hope you get to enjoy the blessing of your friends and family.

Steg & Chico, I hope that you mom hooks you up with some tasty treats today!
Old 11-24-2011, 07:31 AM
Super Moderator

Quinn, what did you enjoy more, the food or watching GB go 11-0?
Old 11-24-2011, 09:25 AM
FitDay Member

That's a REALLY tough question!!!! lol Including the playoff games, I think they are 16 or 17-0. I had my doubts if they were going to pull it off today, because their defense really stunk last week. (...and the whole Detroit 1962 jinx!) I actually didn't get to see the whole game, as I was stuck in the kitchen... I have a tv there, but I still missed a lot of it. I missed the Detroit suspension... I'll have to try and catch it online. The rest of the schedule doesn't look too bad, so I'm keeping fingers crossed for a Super Bowl repeat!

The food was incredible, but boy, did I overeat! That's the problem when you are the one who creates the menu. You make all of your favorites and then eat them all! Oh, well. Everyone has now left, and I'm going to take the rest of the evening to crash on the couch and vegetate. My fridge is packed with leftovers, so I'll have to watch it tomorrow. If I can hold my overeating to one meal, I'll be fine. If it slips into a weekend feeding frenzy, the scale will not be my friend on Monday. Right now, there's a pumpkin pie taunting me on the counter... real whipped cream... a cup of coffee... hmmmm....

Last edited by quinnesec; 11-24-2011 at 10:15 AM.
Old 11-24-2011, 09:38 AM
FitDay Member

Quinn I am glad you enjoyed your dinner and your football, have a restful evening.

Mike Thanks.

I am soaked to the bone it started storming half way through our hike the winds were crazy. The advantage or disadvantage of our hike is that it’s around a lake once you start you are committed there is no shortcut so I have completed a waterlogged 6.5k. I think a hot tub and a tea will be my reward.

Happy Thanksgiving
Old 11-24-2011, 09:47 AM
FitDay Member

Good to be hearing from everyone today! So far I'm at about 2000 calories for the day, maybe I'll hit 2400 before it's done. But my sister and I ran 3 miles this morning, so I may just break even for the day, which, frankly, is perfectly acceptable for me

I've been enjoying my time with the family, although I miss my cat Someone is keeping an eye on him, but they said he's lonely... poor baby. He's 15, so I coddle him a lot! Anyway, continue on with your awesome holiday!
Old 11-24-2011, 10:28 AM
FitDay Member

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!! I am stuffed and just logged in my food journal... opps. Ok well i overdid it. But il let it go and try n be careful for dinner. Then this weekend ill be a good girl i promise. Lol. Thank you all for the warm welcome.
Old 11-24-2011, 11:37 AM
Super Moderator

Quinn, you'll have a great day tomorrow, I'm sure.

mh, where are you? I hope you and Steg are getting some good home cooking!

Chico, did your mama hook you up? I sure hope so.

Darlene, Congrats on the 6.5k in the rain.

Joanna, I bet your kitty would sure like some turkey.

Michelle, Tomorrow you can make up for it.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 11-24-2011 at 12:20 PM.
Old 11-24-2011, 12:56 PM
FitDay Member

Oh, I just had the nicest thing happen. I hate driving at night but I often must to pick my granddaughter up after work. She and her BF ate a light, early Thanksgiving dinner at our house, then went to his house to share in HIS family's feast. I was to pick her up at 9PM and frankly, I'm beat and was looking forward to crashing on the sofa and watching TV. Granddaughter just called and said her BF's parents asked if she could stay until 10PM and they'll drive her home. His parents are mid 30's and so thoughtful.

Well, we had a great Thanksgiving--not even one distaster with the food--it all came out as I intended.

Mike, why does your bird go in the oven so early? Do you eat around noon or just cook it ahead of time? I know several people who cook the bird ahead and just reheat it with some turkey stock. I put mine in at 12:00 and we ate at about 3:45. I roasted a Honeysuckle White today and it came out perfect. Oh, yeah, and why did you have icing on your phone? Were you nipping at the wine really early? LOL

Cassie, thanks so much for your good wishes for my friend whose life has gone astray. I just hope her family will have the courage to admit she has a problem and THEY need to step up. My Christmas decorating is just a matter of setting out favorite decorations with my grandkids the day after Thanksgiving and choosing where to put them this year. I have so many nice things (many of which were gifts) that I have to rotate them, except for a snowman centerpiece, my Nativity set and stable, and a lighted gift wrapped present decoration that are musts. Wow, that was great that you found the jeans at such a great price PLUS had the gift card. I remember how hard it was finding jeans for my son when he was young--short and slim. Oh, how fun it must have been seing a great number on your Mom's accurate scale! Congrats to ya on that!

Rose, what a great way to kick off my holidays-- being treated to your snowy thumbnails. Thanks for sharing. Chico looks so cute. I almost cried reading of your reunion with him. Hey, girl, a 3.8 regain isn't bad at all. You'll get back down in no time. Glad you're done beating yourself up over that. Ooh, day SEVEN of sugar free. I'm so proud of you! That's not an easy thing for a lot of people to do. Great idea to bring those sugar free lemon squares. Glowing report! Kudos on that!

Main80, I gotta commend you for doing a check in report in the wee hours of the morning. I forgot where you are, but it posted at 1AM in Eastern Standard time (Ohio). I'm trying to keep my priorities more straight than I used to and not make a federal case out of losing a post that I THOUGHT I had saved, or forgetting something at grocery store, little things like that. Sometimes we are stressed because we allow the little things to get to us too easily.

Michelle, kudos to you for logging your food today. I didn't--I just kept my promise to not binge.

Darlene, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your daughter. You certainly set a shining example for the rest of us in counting our blessings. Does our Thanksgiving really mess up Canadian TV? Oh, because of all our Thanksgiving specials or something? Thanks for your lovely wish for blessings come with family and friends. That was smart to have the hot tea after getting soaked to the bone on your lake hike. Hope you stay well!

Joanna, great job on the exercise and calories on Thanksgiving! Aw, that's sweet that you miss your cat. Hope you have a wonderful reunion with him.

Mary, I'm looking forward to your new thread Saturday.

Quinn, I'm glad your feast came out so well. I don't have a ton of leftovers this year--just another meal's worth for me and DH of everything except the turkey, which will be two meals worth. With only 9 of us it was easier to plan. My daughter doesn't like to cook, but she came over early to help with the last minute stuff like putting the stuff in serving dishes and baking the rolls. My 10 year old granddaughter did her first feast contribution by making the classic green bean casserole with the green beans, cream of mushroom soup and French fried onions. DH's contribution was making the coffee--but he makes great coffee. Don't know why his tastes so much better than mine--we use the same coffee maker.

Last edited by Mern; 11-24-2011 at 01:01 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.