Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day (full week, not 5 & not 6 day) Motivational Thread Starting 9/12 >

7-Day (full week, not 5 & not 6 day) Motivational Thread Starting 9/12

Community
Notices

7-Day (full week, not 5 & not 6 day) Motivational Thread Starting 9/12

Old 09-12-2011, 03:36 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Hunny24
Yeah I think I can only do one of those so I can try that. I was thinking that if I don't make it, all my runs outside have to be at least 4 miles everytime.
That would be good for next week. Do you do any races?
Old 09-12-2011, 03:45 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
That would be good for next week. Do you do any races?
Yeah I did a 10k last year for the first time and will sign up for the same one again. I want to do an 8k before that but need to see what's available near me. There are always a lot of 5k's but like a challenge.
Old 09-12-2011, 03:54 AM
Super Moderator

Ann: You look gorgeous in that picture lady - and what a background! I am so glad you had a great time. I am totally jealous of you doing 40 regular push-ups 4 times a week I can't do that!!!

Mike: I love the ban hammer signature! I keep hearing the thunk of your hammer crushing skulls when it comes down... If you add me to the slacker list, I need to particularly be encouraged/smacked down/hammer'd! on my protein and water goals, since those were my two glaring slack-goals last week.

Well, I stepped on the scale this morning for my Monday weigh-in. I wasn't expecting much, since BF and I had a date night on Saturday. I had 2.5 light beers (we split one) and two gigantic crab wontons with cheese as part of our appetizer (though I got an absolutely delicious salad with honeyed shrimp on top for my entree - and I only ate half!). Then, other than waking up and working out with Jillian, I was an absolute slug on Sunday. I was expecting some water weight and/or sodium weight on the scale this morning and perhaps no loss, or a small one.

Imagine my complete and utter surprise when it said 165.4 That's 1.5 lbs. since last Monday! That's right about where it SHOULD have been given the deficit I managed to achieve, but since when does the scale ever tell you what it's supposed to?!

That's only .2 lbs off from a 50 lb. loss. SO CLOSE. It will be hard not to weigh myself every day to see if it's gone, haha, but I am going to stick to my guns and not weigh until my normal day on Friday. In fact, I shall make that a goal! Because once I start stepping on the scale every day, bad things happen... I get obsessed.

Weekly Goals

Food/Exercise/Lifestyle Goals

1) Achieve an average between 1200-1400 calories for the week (no single day over 1600)
2) Zumba and/or 30DS 4 times. Extra sparkly stickers if I work out 5 times.
3) Achieve a deficit of at least 5,000 calories
4) 80 oz. of water daily
5) Eat a serving of fruit or vegetables with every meal
6) Average 30% protein on the pie chart for the week
7) No more than 2 lunches and 2 dinners out
8) NO WEIGHING UNTIL FRIDAY MISSY.

Other Life Stuff

1) Make an effort on my appearance every day
2) For goodness sakes, do the mending
3) Remember to take some "time out time" for myself every day
4) Get some cross-stitching done - maybe post pictures for encouragement!

Happy Monday everyone!

~Terri

Last edited by taubele; 09-12-2011 at 04:03 AM.
Old 09-12-2011, 04:02 AM
Super Moderator

Yay, Terri!! Congrats on the new low
Old 09-12-2011, 04:08 AM
FitDay Member

Hi y'all—been SOOO sick the last few days, BLAH. Yeah, that's my favourite thing about school being back in session: all the fun germs my kids bring home to share {/snark}

Here's a quick update on my goals from last week:

1. Stay off the scale! DONE
2. Swim at least 4 laps (200m) 3x/week 2/3
3a. Replace nighttime snacks with celery sticks and a smidge of ranch dip 5/7
3b. take trace mineral concentrate (TMC) before dinner 6/7

New goals for this week:

1. Get over being sick.
2. Swim at least 4 laps (200m) 2x/week (assuming I'm feeling ~90% by Wednesday)
3. Continue working on changing nighttime snacking habits

@Mike I did sign up for the FitDay beta, thanks for giving us that opportunity! Once I can get to the subforum for that, I'll make a few comments over there (my main concern right now is around security/privacy)

Now I'm going to go put a load of laundry in to wash while I go back to bed for a bit, wahoo. Hope the rest of y'all have a great, goal-oriented day!
Old 09-12-2011, 04:13 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by mommiepretty
@Mike I did sign up for the FitDay beta, thanks for giving us that opportunity! Once I can get to the subforum for that, I'll make a few comments over there (my main concern right now is around security/privacy)
You may be able to see the forums now. I saw that Terri already posted in there.
Old 09-12-2011, 04:32 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
You may be able to see the forums now. I saw that Terri already posted in there.
It popped up pretty quickly for me! Within an hour.
Old 09-12-2011, 04:59 AM
FitDay Member

Terri! OMG, I'm just thrilled for you! Congrats on all the hard work you did to get to your new low weight!

Tanya, wishing you a speedy recovery. Big gentle cyberhug to ya!
Old 09-12-2011, 05:49 AM
FitDay Member

Great job Terri and thanks for the kind words!
Old 09-12-2011, 07:15 AM
FitDay Member

Ann...that's a great picture! You guys look so relaxed and the scenery is gorgeous!

Terri...oh it's so close now you can probably taste it! Hopefully I will be just behind you.

Tanya...that is the fun part of sending the kids to school. They never hesitate to share the sick germs with mom. Hope you feel better soon!

Mike...you might as well add me to the list too. I never make the weekends. I do good on my own usually. But I just don't have time to log it. This weekend that passed was one of my best in a long time. I had 3 long weekends in a row and that should not ever happen again since I can't seem to behave!

Cassie...I do feel honored that you check in with us before showering.

So here's my goals for this week.

Fitness/Health Goals
1. 80oz water daily
2. work out Weds, Thurs, Fri M/T: N/A
3. Walk 30min M-F if not raining M: 35min,
4. Stop stuffing junk in my mouth

Home/Life Goals
1. Don't kill my son tonight (he got in school suspension today)
2. Keep laundry done up

I can't think of many goals right now. My head is not in it today. I am very angry at my 13yr old. He has poor social skills and is very easily angered. He says very wrong things when he is mad. Today another boy took his school planner and he was able to get it back. Haven't got the full story on that yet. But in his next class the girl across from him got her art supplies in his art area and he went off on her and told her he would stab her with scissors. He got a day of in school suspension and has to take mandatory anger management counseling sessions 10 times at school. Don't think this is the first time or anything. He does this a few times a year and is just getting old enough now that the school is about done dealing with it. We have tried different counseling and group sessions at school. He has ODD. I am usually the one that he rebels against so it makes it so very hard to deal with him and be able to show him love and kindness when he does these things. He makes life very difficult sometimes. Sorry to lay all that out there but it does feel a little better to have shared it with 'someone'. Now tonight I have to go home and have the talk. Again. And ground him. Again.

Last edited by wildbeanerz; 09-12-2011 at 07:21 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.