Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 9/5 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 9/5

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 9/5

Old 09-09-2011, 04:24 AM
FitDay Member

April, my butt is getting kicked by our other members big time, too, but that's a good thing because even when I suck, I wish them well. I know you feel the same way. But I'd like to be on THEIR team. LOL Yeah, I'm ready to get with you and get them next week after bucking up this weekend as well. You are so right-"no sense in letting what we have done so far go to waste."
Old 09-09-2011, 05:01 AM
Super Moderator

Terri, none of "those" pics. What happens in Va. Beach stays in Va. Beach.

Mern, those blizzards and the countless bags of doritos and little Debbie snacks all helped out. Oh I did a little drinking too (first time in FOREVER).
Old 09-09-2011, 05:14 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Mern
April, my butt is getting kicked by our other members big time, too, but that's a good thing because even when I suck, I wish them well. I know you feel the same way. But I'd like to be on THEIR team. LOL Yeah, I'm ready to get with you and get them next week after bucking up this weekend as well. You are so right-"no sense in letting what we have done so far go to waste."
That is the most awesome thing about these boards, IMO. When somebody's having an off time (and we've all been there), somebody else is on and ready to help those of us who are struggling. Then it rolls around and others are on the giving end.

Kinda like group psychotherapy .
Old 09-09-2011, 07:00 AM
FitDay Member

Absolutely the best thing about these boards is the support. One week I might be feeling how I am right now and come here for encouragement (and I get it!). The next week I can be the one giving the encouragement.
Old 09-09-2011, 07:00 AM
FitDay Member

@Cassie sorry your computer was uncooperative yesterday, that IS frustrating. Too bad about the burritos, but it sounds like your alternate dinner choice worked out well anyway and look at all the BLUE on your week so far, YAY!!

@Rose I swear the bathroom scale is the bane of my existence LOL I'm like you, I tend to see more satisfying results in other body measurements, and of course the way my clothes fit. TV/film editor, huh? Awesome! some of my favourite people are filmmakers {G} I think my friend Richard Guinn worked on a Nat Geo project here in the not-too-distant past, hmmmmm… And maybe it's just me, but I hated Oprah's narration of BBC/Discovery's "Life"—I didn't even know who the narrator was when it first came on (my family were watching it while I was in the kitchen unloading the dishwasher), and I just couldn't help myself: "omigosh, that is just AWFUL!! Who the heck do they have narrating this?!?" It irritated me so badly I had to stop with the dishes and go look it up on IMDb LOL and I was totally shocked to find out that it was Oprah Winfrey. IMO Sigourney Weaver narrating the American release of BBC's "Planet Earth" kicked Oprah's trash all over the place by comparison. Although personally I prefer the British versions of both documentaries with David Attenborough's narration, but I'm weird like that, ha!

@Carly good luck! I hope you find something that you enjoy—makes it so much easier to do it consistently, at least for me. I wonder 1) if the fitness center I go to has a rowing machine and 2) if I could use it without making my foot worse…?

@Terri thanks! I know what you mean about not getting enough "me" time—it's so draining to have to be "on" all the time. You should get extra sparkly stickers for having a BIDIA day! And remember, it's not being selfish to tell others "no" so you can take care of yourself—can't give from an empty well, right? Hang in there! xoxo

@Mern stick to your guns, girl! You know you're doing the right thing with the crazy car situation at school. I love getting booked as voice talent, as long as I don't get stuck in a rut doing adverts, ugh. LOL You know what kind of VO I really want to do, at least once? Video games—I think that would be SOOOOO much fun!

Thanks for the kudos, y'all! I was so excited about that improvement in my resting heart rate, it was almost ridiculous LOL Got a late start getting to the pool today, which was more disruptive than I anticipated, but I went anyway. Swam 6 laps (300m) again, and I added 5 minutes of treading water, too! (that was harder than I thought it would be, but maybe that's because I did it at the end of my workout) I've been pleasantly surprised by how much I can do with a little positive motivation, and y'all are a HUGE part of that, so THANK YOU!! <3 and I agree, that's one of the really helpful aspects of this forum: we're not all down at the same time, so there's always someone to help when we're working back to an up.
Old 09-09-2011, 10:16 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Quinn, as expected, Green Bay is looking good
I actually fell asleep during the third quarter only to wake up to a nightmare in the fourth!!! Holy cow! Way to go Saints for the comeback. Looks like the Packers went home a quarter early! My two favorite quarterbacks playing against each other... awesome!

Sorry I've been MIA for the past week! Remember the #$*&! garage dry walling project that I was so excited about??? Well, we couldn't find anyone this late in the season to tape and mud the project, so I was drafted. I know, I know... you finish drywall? Well, if you can frost a cupcake, you can mud drywall and since I'm pretty OCD, it looks amazing, if I do say so myself.

Our weather is taking a really cold turn... mid to upper 30's some nights and 75-80 during the day. So, we've been limited as to which nights are warm enough to work. Our season for outdoor painting, etc. is also coming to an end, so I had to jump in. Highs later next week are only in the 50's, so there won't be any painting then, probably.

My eating has not been stellar, but it hasn't been bad. I actually haven't had a whole lot of time to eat, so my calories have been pretty low.

Well, time to get ready for date night. My husband owes me BIG TIME for saving his butt with this drywall project!!! Drywall finisher by day; hair up, high heels and dinner out by night!

Have an awesome night all!

quinn
Old 09-09-2011, 12:34 PM
FitDay Member

Finally a good day. Lots of activity -- the first time in a week I've had any worth journalling and my hunger is gone. I'm back -- from wherever I was. Still have to deal with my poison ivy and going away for the weekend. Goal - no weight gain. Have one or 2 rounds of golf planned so that should burn the calories I consume. Mary
Old 09-09-2011, 04:53 PM
Super Moderator

I had a busy day and I'm so tired I can hardly see straight, but my goal is to log and check in every day, so here goes.

1. Calories capped at 1300. 1275, 1278, 1295, 1299 (seriously,) 1461
2. Follow my pie chart rules (a reasonable macro balance, 25 g fiber, unsat fat twice the percentage of sat fat). Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
3. Sleep at least 7 hours per night. Yes, Yes, Yes, No, No (but close)
4. 72 oz. water daily. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, No...in court on the stand most of the morning and that's not conducive to potty breaks, but it's really no excuse)
5. Exercise 6 times. Yes, Yes, Yes, No, Yes
6. Do shoulder rehab exercises daily. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, No
7. Log everything. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
8. Post daily. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes

Calories were over but I still say it's a win because the extra snack happened because I was truly tummy-growling hungry, and because I capped it at that instead of being triggered to eat my way through the evening as I have in the past.

Happy weekend, everyone! Hope you all enjoy it .
Old 09-09-2011, 08:10 PM
FitDay Member

Default Uh Oh!

Well I totally busted through my calories yesterday. I went out for dinner to a restaurant called The Glass Boat which is really cool because it's an actual boat right on the river and it's all glass from floor to ceiling. The food was simply delicious and I was so starving that I ate some bread before my meal arrived.

But you know, I am not going to beat myself up over this. I have been pretty flawless for 3 weeks straight so this was a cheat day and that's that! I skipped dessert though even though I was being tempted to partake and it looked so mouth-wateringly delicious. I am proud of that!

My goals this week:

1. Achieve an average between 1100-1400 calories for the week. M: 1476/ T: 1213/ W: 1379/ TH: 1371/F: 1704
2. Exercise 5 times. M: 1X/T: 1X/W: 1X/ TH: 1X (total so far: 4)
3. Drink min. 1.5 litres of water per day. YES/ YES/ YES/ YES/ YES
4. Achieve a deficit of 7000 calories for the week! M: 946/ T: 1508/W: 1173/ TH: 1401/ F: 497(total so far: 5525)
5. Take my vitamins. YES/ YES/ YES/ YES/ YES
6. Sleep 7 hours. YES/ YES/ YES/ YES/ YES
7. Average 30% protein for the week. M: 28%/T: 34%/ W: 28%/ 32%/ 24%

CJT, sorry you don't have access to any spin classes right now. I liked spin a lot when I was doing it back home in Canada at the Y but here in Bristol, I am officially obsessed with spinning! The instructors here are 3 times as tough as the ones in Canada and the music is mind-blowingly good. It is such an adrenaline rush and I can't get enough. I would literally go every day if it was possible. I am going to miss these spin classes when I go back home.

Rock Star Mike, at least you know that's all water weight and you literally will have that gain off within a week or two.

Terri, you are so sweet to encourage me. My girlfriend totally noticed that I had lost weight so I know that I have and that it shows and that the exercise and eating healthy is working on some level! As for your bad week, it sounds like you are being stretched in too many directions. I hate weeks like that and we all have them. It's overwhelming to say the least. But the thing you have to remember is there are always occasions when you can say no to someone. It's hard, especially when you feel guilty afterwards, but it's a valuable lesson. Sometimes you just have to say no, sorry I simply can't fit that into my schedule this week. Another thing is, I know you feel down about this now but really what matters is the big picture. So you had some carb heavy days, we all do, the important thing is what you have accomplished over a whole year or a season even, not just this one week. Hang in there, be good to yourself and do something special for Terri. xo

Mern, good for you for sticking to your guns! I can't believe that the pickup system has gone unchanged. I hope this gets resolved soon! You are so sweet to ask about my girlfriend's cold. She is doing much better already! I think she was overly tired too since it is an overnight flight. I was exhausted when I did it too. She's going to be here for a whole month! YAY!!!

Tanya, I hated Oprah's narration for "Life" too! And I never even saw the whole show. I don't even know if I would have made it through! I have no idea who is going to be narrating this one that I am editing but honestly narration can make or break a film. I edited a documentary a little while back and the story in it was driven by the filmmaker's personal connection to the subject and his pursuit for answers. Naturally he narrated it but at the very last minute, the network decided they didn't like his accent and made it a third person narrator and it just ruined it completely! I notice that the British just love their narrators. They have to have them in every show, even shows that have no narrators in North America. And I know this is going to sound a little scandalous but I think that there are American versions of certain shows that are better than their British counterparts. For example, I love Project Runway and in the American version the designers drive the story with interview clips but here in the UK, there is a third person narrator that really takes away from the storytelling in my opinion. Okay, wow, I am really getting into shop talk here so I will quit while I am ahead.
Old 09-09-2011, 11:59 PM
FitDay Member

@Mern Thank you, to get even one of the goals i listed done should be something to be proud of, i just want a day where i do all of them :P

yesterday was good beside food again this is going to be hard for me.

but i found a new spot to go for walks outside, it was just alittle late so by the time i got back to my car it was dark!

i may go swimming either today, sun or mon

Fridays Report:

Health Goals:
1. 3 Bottles of water (3 cups of water for the bottle i use): Yes!, yesno (only 2),yes, yes (still trying to time it out right so i don't need to pee as much or quick)
2. wii fit 30mins everyday.noyes, yes,no, yes (i'm starting to feel it!)
3. 10,000 steps everydaynoyes, yes, no ( but close was over 9000), yes!
4. no going out for food this week:yesno, no ( had alot of take out food yesterday ), again no (shame on me), same thing again, i really have to stop this or i won't lose anyweight

Life Goals:
-finish up commissions noyes worked on some stuff breifly,no, no, yes i finished one commission on my to do list!
-start going through stuff for moving no,no,no ( but found out probably won't be moving till november so i probably won't do any till next month)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.