Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread starting 08/15/2011 >

7 Day Motivational Thread starting 08/15/2011

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread starting 08/15/2011

Old 08-18-2011, 09:24 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
The damage from the 2 days will fade away quickly.

I must say that we are pretty damn nice in the south but if someone keep knocking on my door everyday to ask me if I wanted tea, I'd eventually snap. I'd probably yell something like "hell no I don't want tea, if I wanted tea I'd get some, unless you want to go fetch me a Butterfinger don't touch my damn door again." Then I'd hook up a little voltage to the door handle and wait for someone to knock then yell "come in". If they had a Butterfinger, I'd be polite and help them off the ground, b/c that's how us southern boys roll.
I have to say I am kinda worried about losing my sh*t one of these days. Everyone is so nice - but it's a lot of knocking at the door. Between the tea offers and tech support, who actually drops by twice a day to ask if everything is okay, I might go off on them East Coast style. I am Italian Canadian so the blood could reach boiling point fast. And speaking of Butterfingers - and I can't believe you brought it up - you are seriously the only person I have ever known to even eat Butterfingers, let alone love them the way that you do. It totally cracks me up every time you mention the Butterfinger.

P.S. Thanks for the encouragement! I went to the gym again today so hopefully all of my hard work will pay off. In the meantime I have to stock up on dental floss just in case!
Old 08-18-2011, 10:07 AM
Super Moderator

Rose, hard word DOES pay off. Congrats on making it to the gym
Old 08-18-2011, 06:24 PM
FitDay Member

Rose. Don't be afraid to tell them, politely, that much as you appreciate the thought you have been told to restrict your tea intake so you may only have (insert number you would like) cups per day. Banoffee pie- way too sweet for me. One of my ex bosses was competing in a national baking competition so for weeks we had something scrummy that she wanted us to try every single day.
Have a super Scottish sailing sojourn, my son lives in Glasgow and I love visiting him there.

April. I moved from a predominately female job to one where I am the only female at my level and the first weekly meeting I went to practically choked me with the testosterone in the room. I'm used to it now and can hold my own, but I think it helped that I have always been more of a tomboy than a girlie. Climbed trees, hated dresses, played at being Robin Hood or a cowboy, then got into motorcycles- rode them, fixed them, loved them.
I'm off to the movies tonight with meal out first so going to be extra good until then.
TGIF so have a good one.
Old 08-19-2011, 12:28 AM
Super Moderator

Default Thursday check in:

1. Calories 1200 max. 1187, 1211, 1185, 1219
2. Balance pie chart. A-, A-, A, A
3. 64 oz. water, at least. Yes, Yes, Good gravy, yes!, Yes
4. 25 g fiber, at least. 26, 28, 28, 25
5. Log absolutely everything. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
6. Exercise 7 times. None today, Cardio tennis in AM, walk in PM, Cardio tennis again
7. Use journal to log thoughts/feelings/reasons for eating and assess choices. Not today, Some, Nah, Mike said it was overrated , Nah
Old 08-19-2011, 12:53 AM
FitDay Member

[QUOTE=almeeker;54002]Wednesday Report Card

1. Calories 1,500 M-Th, Sun, 1,800 F-S. 1,500, 1,500, 1,656, 1,635
2. 100 oz of water. Y,Y,Y,Y
3. 7 hours of exercise for the week. 70 min, 70 min, 70 min, 70 min (total 4:40)
4. 5 servings of fruits and veggies. Y,Y,Y,Y
5. Calorie deficit 3,500 for the week. -1,040, -1,381, -942, -1,039 (total -4,401)

Non fitness goals

6. Clean out dressers. No, One down No, No
7. 30 minutes of housework daily + 1 load of laundry. Y,Y Ugh NO, NO
8. Keep spending to a minimum. Y&N, Y,Y,Y
9. Create a new sketch for the church project. N,N,N,N
10. Clean out camper. DONE

I've arranged to have the back pasture cow and horse free the end of February for those of you that would like to run through the pasture mooing during the birth. Dad gave me a really weird look, but agreed all the same. Mom has him well trained.

Yesterday started off really well, exercised, kept cals in check, but I've been having some female + constipation issues and ended up throwing down an entire bag of microwave popcorn for lunch, a small plate of nachos for dinner and then I ignored the whole family, dosed myself with Pepto and went to bed early. Things moved along this morning and I feel much much better today. I'm even human and polite, and that's without being offered a Butterfinger by a coworker.

Today I'm going to pick blueberries and deal with getting the camper over to mom & dad's house and eventually work my way over to the garden as well. DH is off today and my extra kids are at their grandparents house, so it's like a Saturday morning for me. I might even make some muscle muffins for breakfast.

Happy weekend everybody!!! I'm going to be checking in over the weekend, because I'm determined to behave myself. And so I'm going to encourage all of you to check in as well.
Old 08-19-2011, 03:00 AM
FitDay Member

Health/Fitness
1. log, Log, LOG! Yes, Yes, Yes (wasn't pretty though), Yes
2. 500 calorie deficit daily -599, -411, -486, -564 Weekly total (-2060)
3. 80oz water daily Yes, Yes, No (72oz), No (60 oz)
4. only one diet soda daily Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
5. 45 min exercise 3 days week No (15 min), No (none), Yes (45min), Yes (45min)

Personal
1. Catch up office paperwork & filing About half, More, A little more, Almost there
2. File paperwork at home No, No, No, No ... I ever mention I hate paperwork?
3. Clean car windows & vacuum carpets Raining, No, No, No
4. Weed flower & veggie gardens Raining, No, No, No

I'm holding onto the edge of the wagon this week trying not to fall off. It must be PMS because I could seriously eat everything in sight!

Now I'm off to read the rest of the posts and make replies!
Old 08-19-2011, 03:22 AM
FitDay Member

1) eat between 1200-1600 calories, 1924 (was at 1200 until night when I got hungry and ate "real" food; 1607 (mostly crap); didn't log; stoped logging probably over 2000
2) water, water everywhere, drink it! 64 oz min-80, 48, 64,?
3) gym or walk 4x- gym, no, don't remember - maybe a walk; defitnitely a nice walk
4) stretch daily -yes, no, no, no
5) more veg-some cucumber at dinner; salad for lunch, yes, eh
6) control the "social eating"- yes, no, definitely not, just ate because it was there
Other
1) seriously write not just journal minimum 2 hours daily- journal, journal, tried got hijacked by a "writer's day" talking and listening working a bit; not enough sleep to work but had some good ideas
2) meditate- yes, no, no, no
3) do not be such a neurotic lunatic with family-no, yes, was challenged but controlled myself, yes I was fine

I have not been able to keep up with the posts but I will say if mooing is required or desired, I will definitely moo. In fact, at this point, I am ready to howl at the moon.
Old 08-19-2011, 03:26 AM
FitDay Member

Ugh Amy...I hope that works out for you. Glad you are having a little extra weekend with the hubby this week.

I hope that I didn't give anyone the impression that I am a mechanic. LOL. I'm the helper, LOL. But it is a great way to spend time with my hubby and he tells me all about the things he is doing and why. I probably have a mechanic worth of knowledge in my head just don't know what to do with all that knowledge .... My work is predominately male though. I work in the food service industry. We sell food to restaurants, bars, schools, prisons, etc. We are the 2nd largest in the country of our kind. I hear all sorts of things from the guys. My last job was in a commercial print factory. Those guys I think were worse than these ones. At least these are sales men and used to dealing with the public. They are more reserved about it. Until they think you have let them know it is ok.
Old 08-19-2011, 03:43 AM
FitDay Member

Default Thursday Stats

Should have drank a bit more water but overall not a bad day. My vacation starts today but I am determined to at least maintain and not go crazy.
cals: 1,348 need to reduce to 1200,
Old 08-19-2011, 04:02 AM
Super Moderator

cjagta, my hat is totally off to you for reducing to 1200 over vacation. I didn't even come near maintaining on vacay and in this, my week of "recovery," I'm fighting tooth and nail to keep to 1200 to get back on track. Your post hit me because my recommended cals the whole time I was in weight loss mode was 1349,and 1200 is where I'd go to speed it along (or try to). Good luck and enjoy your vacation!

Sorry can't catch up, just looked at the time; nothing like a Friday afternoon emergency due in court Monday at 9 to wreck the whole afternoon and weekend plans .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.