Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread starting 08/08/2011 >

7 Day Motivational Thread starting 08/08/2011

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread starting 08/08/2011

Old 08-10-2011, 02:16 AM
FitDay Member

Mike good luck with your epidural. That must be different than my shoulder issues, they want me to go as long as possible between injections. Mystie is pretty stinking cute, you should teach her to dance...

Mern, good luck with grandmotherhood, sounds almost as rough as motherhood, okay maybe rougher. Today my mom is taking 7 kids to an amusement park. Her idea, not mine. You're a peach to be such a help to your daughter and her family, hugs to you.

Cassie, good luck with that chest cold. I'm thinking it's time to call off the bravery and go see your doctor? If you cough up anything even remotely cloudy, off you go okay?

Quinn, I had to back up, missed the photo-session story earlier. I had that same sweater, only my pictures were taken in Oct, one set outdoors (gray sweater), one set indoors (white sweater). Only after we had paid full price for everything did the photographer call to say that he wanted permission to use my portraits for promotional purposes. My poor mom, no price break at all. You've effectively given me the shakes, we have 3 dd's. OY!!!

Last edited by almeeker; 08-10-2011 at 02:25 AM.
Old 08-10-2011, 03:17 AM
Super Moderator

Okay I'm back and feeling a little loopy, about to grab some grub then go home and sleep. I'll check in later.
Old 08-10-2011, 03:19 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker

Quinn, I had to back up, missed the photo-session story earlier. I had that same sweater, only my pictures were taken in Oct, one set outdoors (gray sweater), one set indoors (white sweater). Only after we had paid full price for everything did the photographer call to say that he wanted permission to use my portraits for promotional purposes. My poor mom, no price break at all. You've effectively given me the shakes, we have 3 dd's. OY!!!
GOOD LUCK! ...and I didn't even get into battling ferral cats, killer bees, a 150 foot drop and an impending severe storm... lol
Old 08-10-2011, 03:20 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Okay I'm back and feeling a little loopy, about to grab some grub then go home and sleep. I'll check in later.
Glad everything went well... enjoy your "loopiness"!
Old 08-10-2011, 04:17 AM
FitDay Member

Is Loopiness an new condition Mike? I expect I'll be loopy next week riding the rides at Disney World. I'll nedd to figure out the calorie burn. I plan on journalling each day as a way of keeping my caaories in under control. Calorie burn should be no problem. Having a hungry day. Doing okay just not satisfied with my food. I think I need a low calorie high volume dinner. Any ideas on the best food to satisfy a need for tons of eating? Mary
Old 08-10-2011, 04:43 AM
FitDay Member

Rose, I hope you do take precautions. Less than a mile away. It sounds scary. Will be sending good thoughts and prayers your way. Gym sounds good. So does Amy's idea of mace!!!

Cassie, my heart goes out ot you, honey. A summer chest cold is misery. Lots of liquids and rest if you can!!! Good luck with the practice!!!

Mike, I hope this eipdural helps. Let us know. BTW I cannot open your diet info, dont know why.

BTW on vacay I split a mocha fudge cookie crumble ice cream with DH, nirvana in a cone!

Yesterday I was too tired to even watch tv, now that is tired!! Lack of sleep+anxiety=

OK my goals:
1) no more than 1600 calories per day: 1470, 1660
2) 64 oz water: 40, 56
3) get more sleep; I could pack to visit Rose in the UK with the bags under my eyes: a bit more, still can't get a full night -stupid mind keeps waking me up
4) more fruits and especially veg (I like Terri's idea; one with each meal, may try that):yes, yes
5) write : a bit, mostly just journal stuff, same as yesterday prolly less
6) meditate : No, NO
7) gym or walk 4x this week :at least 2.5 miles, the longest I've done in years, short walk with DD, more like a frigging shuffle than walk I sleptwalked in other words
Old 08-10-2011, 05:11 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Muna, so sorry to hear...what's going on? .

Please take care of yourself and try to do what you need to do.
Ah nothing really...just, you know, DHs can be brutally honest sometimes like if you ask 'is my bum any smaller' and they say, not really, but a bit firmer (and you flutter with delight) and then they add 'but your knees are still stocky in fact, your thigh seems like one mass from top down to your knee, and the top of your thigh is pretty massive, i don't think you can ever lose weight properly (read:lose weight and keep it off)...'
and that is coming from a person with BMI of 32! But i'm not sad, i know i can lose weight. In fact, YOU are the only person who decides how you will look like and no amount of comments from anyone can be taken as an excuse
Old 08-10-2011, 05:49 AM
Super Moderator

April: You know it, girl! It's close! Nothing will taste as good as 50 lbs. lost will feel! Your cross-stitching sounds lovely, what a great idea to put it in the bathroom! I can't wait to have my own place to decorate one day!

Rose: Keep yourself safe with those riots, it's been crazy to read about! You be safe, you hear? Blueberries actually do work with me for breakfast, I just need to remember to buy them to add to cereal and such. Strawberries are kind of hit or miss, though I've never tried apricots. Peaches seem to work, and apricots aren't all that different, so I will give it a whirl! It's just funny how my stomach responds, there seems to be no rhyme or reason. The BIG no is bananas. I cannot have them for breakfast. Congrats on your gym, do it to it!

Quinn: That fried kool-aid is a hot mess, though I admit to having tried a fried Oreo once (It was delicious). That's so funny about your daughter's pictures!! My experience was somewhere in-between. I graduated high school 10 years ago; a family friend is a professional photographer, and she was only to happy to take me around town and pose me for photographs at some of her favorite spots. I had a "change of clothes" (two different cardigans, it was a little chilly out) but the session did take about 3 hours. We got a GREAT shot of me with a cool tree, though! Those senior portraits for the yearbook have seemed to become serious business, haha!

Lizzie: Your cross stitches sound beautiful! Good luck working on them. I know how it is with those projects - they're so big and daunting, but you feel SO accomplished when done!

Cassie: Big hugs to you; I hope your meeting with your friend goes well, though I'm sure he would understand if you're feeling a little under the weather!

Mern: Curious to know if your grand-daughter's pictures are like quinn's daughter's pictures! Big hugs for you, you're doing awesome!

Muna: Sorry to hear about the hubby being so discouraging, that's awful to hear! It certainly does matter when those we love make dispariaging remarks. Maybe next time you should point out some of his perceived flaws and see how he likes it!

Tuesday Report Card

1) 6000-7000 calorie deficit for the week M: -886 T: -517 (Week Total: -1,403)
2) Average of 1200-1400 calories for the week. No single day over 1,500 calories M: 1,157 W: 1,351 (Week Average: 1,254)
3) Exercise 3-4 times this week M: yes, 30DS, Level 2 T: No
4) Eat a fruit or vegetable serving with every meal M: No (breakfast) T: yes (I am counting a baked potato as a veggie. Just a starchy one)
5) Daily multivitamin M: yes T: yes
6) Cals over 1,100 on Saturday and Sunday M-F: N/A
7) Report/read this thread every day, including weekends!!! M: yes! T: yes
8) 96 oz. of water daily M: yes T: No (64)

9) Clean/vacuum out car M: no T: No
10) Donate laundry bags full of fat clothes M: No T: No
11) Balance August budget M: A little T: A little more

Going out tonight for a girls' night - I'm hoping to keep the damage minimal, and luckily I think I have time to eat a quick dinner beforehand. I don't think we're going out for drinks (thank goodness) but since it is a birthday, there's sure to be some sort of dessert involved. I've told myself I can have a sliver IF I keep my calories below 1,000 before I go! I'm at 580 so far today - a nice 400 cal dinner is in order! I'm planning on fish and steamed veggies!

Talking about cross-stitching has made me want to do it again - I had put it aside, being so busy. Maybe it would motivate me to post progress as I go - would that be silly?

Happy Wednesday everyone, I hope it finds you well

~Terri
Old 08-10-2011, 08:17 AM
FitDay Member

Mike: Hope the epidural went well and you are delooping.

Rose: It all sound pretty awful, hopefully it will stop now. We used to have our share of riots in N Ireland but thankfully not close to where I live, but I got caught up on the periphery once and I was shaking violently by the time I got far enough away to stop running. Keep safe.

Quinn: Sounds like an exhausting day. We don’t seem to go for that sort of thing here. There may be a formal dance at the end of your 6th form before you go off to University but it’s not really a big deal. Of course when you graduate you get the cap and gown with scroll picture but that’s about it. Of course it was a long time ago for me so maybe things have changed here as well but I don’t recall any of my friends with recently graduating children mentioning anything like your marathon. I’m sure it will be worth it though when you have those beautiful pictures to keep.

Cassie: Woke up this morning with, aches and pains, headache and cough. Obviously I am catching a sympathy cold. The heat at your lungs helps particularly if you are congested with phlegm as it can reduce the viscosity and make it easier to expectorate. (Hope no one is easily “turned” as they say here). Think I just worked out what a 900 voice is!! Oh and pistachio is my all time favourite, apart from cherry.
In Italy I had a scoop of both on the same cone -heaven.

April; Your cross stitch sounds beautiful, as I hope mine will be if I ever get started again. Tomorrow evening, yes I will, I will.

Terri: Have a great evening. I would love to hear about your stitching progress, maybe even a few piccies?

For me it's not been a bad day, under 1100 cals and got on the treadmill for 30 mins. Yes Mike, I switched it on - lol.
Old 08-10-2011, 08:41 AM
Super Moderator

Oh, Lizzie, sorry for the internet contagion! I hope you feel better soon; thank you all for the well wishes. I believe this thing is a sinus infection I caught from my niece while in MD. She's named it Manuel, since they spent so many days together. I'm hoping he finds a new relationship soon.

Muna, just turn deaf ears on DH. I know it's hard, but do you really need "advice" from someone who isn't making any effort to be healthier himself? Just a guess, but I would say he feels threatened.

Rose, hope all is well and that we hear from you soon. Take care of yourself, please, and be safe!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.