Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 7/25 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 7/25

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 7/25

Old 07-26-2011, 12:31 PM
FitDay Member

I didn't get to the gym after all. My back went "heavy" and burning again as I was walking my daughter to her car late this afternoon. I still don't think it's an injury--think I just stood up funny or crookedly this morning. It may be all better in the morning after a good night's rest.

I'm so thrilled. My almost 10 year old granddaughter went to live out of state with her father for the coming school year. Her three siblings stayed here with their mother (my daughter). She's coming home for a visit tomorrow and will be at my house 7AM-4PM through Friday while my daughter is at work. It'll be so painful for me to say goodbye to her again, though until I can see her again in mid-October.

Joanna, glad you knew about the fiber--eventually. Funny that some docs think we know nothing at all and others think we know more than we do. Well, not comical funny--I mean ODD funny.

Mike, good for you for waiting until next Monday to get a confirmation on whether you gained 6 lbs. or not. I hear ya on the digital scale. Usually if I step on mine three times I get three different numbers, so to be on the safe side I record the highest number as my official weight--but even then sometimes that isn't right. I read a good method is to weigh daily and then at the end of the week record your AVERAGE weight that week as your official weight. But that, too, is a matter of preference. Yeah, you can get in the drivers seat and take control. I'll just ride along in the back. LOL

Lizzie, I don't take calcium. Cassie knows more about that than I do. I'm taking it you saw her post that said "I take it at night; I've read that calcium can block absorption of other vitamins and that it shouldn't be taken within two hours of other pills." I didn't know that. I was amazed my recent blood test showed vitamin deficiency on only vitamin D, so it's the only vitamin supplement I take.
Old 07-26-2011, 01:22 PM
FitDay Member

I was 90% back to my healthy eating habits today. Started to falter a little at 5 p.m. waiting for hubby to come home and started snitching. Walked twice for a total of 4 miles, so overall, it was a successful day.

Mern,
A burning sensation down your leg can be a signal of an injury. Be extra careful for a few days. When I feel that burn, I think of it as a "shot across the bow", a warning of sorts, that I've over done it. If you remember, the last time that I really hurt my back, all that I did to injure it was bend over to tie my shoe. Spines are nasty things. I would feel 20 if it weren't for my car accident and resulting back injury. (The guy that hit me walked away without a scratch.) Please be careful and watch bending, twisting and lifting for a few days. If it's nothing, you've erred on the side of caution. But, if it is something, you'll be glad that you didn't push it further.

Mike,
Can I borrow your magic scale... PLEASE???? My pants are feeling a little tight in the waist...

Mary,
Do you kayak? I'm thinking about buying one.

Goals for this week:

* 4 fruits and veggies a day. (Can't figure out why this has been hard for me this summer as I was, pretty much, a vegetarian for 4 years.) 2, 4

*Eat clean. (Simple enough.) Y, meh

* Log foods and limit calories to 1200. 1326, 1149 (carb heavy)
Old 07-26-2011, 01:34 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Mern

Mike, good for you for waiting until next Monday to get a confirmation on whether you gained 6 lbs. or not. I hear ya on the digital scale. Usually if I step on mine three times I get three different numbers, so to be on the safe side I record the highest number as my official weight--but even then sometimes that isn't right. I read a good method is to weigh daily and then at the end of the week record your AVERAGE weight that week as your official weight. But that, too, is a matter of preference. Yeah, you can get in the drivers seat and take control. I'll just ride along in the back. LOL
I can be your chauffeur. The scale said I dropped 6 pounds since yesterday. I know that's wrong, I also know that my prior gain id more than likely right.
Old 07-26-2011, 01:36 PM
FitDay Member

Quinn My kayak is the sit on top type, sometimes called an ocean kayak. I love it. I can go out in it and my 8 year old grandkids can manage it as well. It only holds one person although you can get 2 people ones. A lot of people around here have the sit in ones and use them a lot as well. Mary
Old 07-26-2011, 02:03 PM
FitDay Member

Mike, ooh, I'd feel really ritzy having a chauffeur. (Had to copy from you how to spell that--I can never remember. LOL) Hey, would you wear one of those chauffeur hats for me? If ya do, I'll let you call me "Miss Daisy" as in the movie Driving Miss Daisy. Yeah, I caught that about your scale messing with your head--6 pound gain one day and 6 pound loss the very next day.

Quinn, congrats on eating healthfully today and getting in that 4 miles of walking! I'm a veggie lover, too, and my fruits and veggies today were only romaine lettuce, green tomato and avocado--amounting to less than three servings. Luckily the burning pain isn't down my leg--that would be worse. I just feel the burning and "heaviness" in my lower back when I moving my right leg in walking. That "heaviness" tells me your are right about being careful to avoid lifting in the next couple days. Thanks for your concern--I won't push it. I'm taking it your car accident injury will never completely heal. So sorry. I understand that--my back hasn't been right since I fell off a ladder onto the rim of a metal bucket/pail full of water almost 30 years ago. No x-rays or anything. The doc just told me to stay off my feet until it healed--yeah, right. I was a young mother and couldn't afford someone to take care of the baby. If nothing else, I can definitely empathize with those who have back problems, as can you, Mike, and a bunch of others in our group.

Oh, a firm, green tomato is delicious in a salad. Any of you ever try that? DH laughed when I asked if it was OK to eat that way. I love them fried, too--to save carbs I fried some in only margarine and it was delicious.

Last edited by Mern; 07-26-2011 at 11:09 PM.
Old 07-26-2011, 02:37 PM
FitDay Member

I gleefully ate two chocolate chocolate chip cookies today! Mm-mm! That's all I have to report.

1.) Stay under 1550 calories/day: Yes/Yes
2.) Drink at least 64 oz. water/day: Yes/Yes
3.) Try for less carbs, more protein: Not awesome/Alright
Old 07-26-2011, 03:07 PM
FitDay Member

And you gleefully met your goals, even with the cookies. Congrats to ya!
Old 07-26-2011, 03:39 PM
Super Moderator

So my goals for the week:
1) Eat clean 6 days (only 1 cheat day): yes, yes
2) 3000 calories deficient for the week: -891,-1478
3) Weigh in on Monday and post a picture of the scale: yes
4) either post my weekly food graphs or make my food log public: yes 01gt4.6 - free online diet and fitness journal (let me know if y'all can see it)
5) walk/run 10 miles: 3.05, 1.32
6) gallon of water a day: yes, yes
7) work out 3 times: no, yes
9) daily:
fish oil x 2 yes, yes
vitamin yes, yes
floss yes, yes
10) take picture of myself and post up: yes, see above
11) no more than 2 servings of nuts per day (including peanut butter) yes (1), yes (1)
12) 5 servings of veggies a day (green veggies don't get logged) yes (5), yes (5)

Old 07-26-2011, 04:44 PM
FitDay Member

Tuesday

1. Calorie deficit of 6000: 597, 788 (1385)
2. Drink 3L of water: Yes, Yes
3. Stay away from cheese: Yes, Yes
4. Stay away from cookies: Yes, Had one oreo.
5. Finish the lesson by Wednesday.
Old 07-26-2011, 04:45 PM
FitDay Member

Mern, please take care of your back! Interesting stuff about the nitrates, hope you tackle those soon. Have a great time with your granddaughter!!

Mike, six pounds! Your scale loves you, that's all I have to say.

Mary, thanks for mentioning PMS, made me realize why I have been so sleepy today...

Joanna, yey on the cookies, although I am trying to stay away from them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.