Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 7/25 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 7/25

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 7/25

Old 07-27-2011, 10:10 AM
FitDay Member

Mern & Quinn - 32 mins of walking on the treadmill today. Got home from work and tea at my mum’s house, was going to sit down and log on but thought, no can’t log on until I can say that I took some exercise. So went and got changed, put the itunes on and got started. Thanks for the gentle encouragement.

Quinn - I will be really happy if I can keep my weight within a 3-4lb up and down range of my goal. I think you are doing an amazing job of maintaining.

To all you poor injured souls – take it easy and feel better soon.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:43 AM
FitDay Member

Oh, Lizzie! Way to go! Not only did you get yourself going, but you did 32 minutes! That's quite admirable! Thanks for posting about that!

Mike, yes, that works. And I suspect that accountability will help keep you more on track. Did you have any problem getting back to sleep after the two servings of nuts? Kudos for eating something so nutritious and then having the protein shake for breakfast.

Ooh, I'm SO HAPPY! My 10 year old granddaughter, in town for a visit after moving away July 9, announced to me and to her mother today that she doesn't want to go back to live out of state with her Dad--she missed her family and friends here too much and didn't want to have to go to a different school. So she's back home to stay. Her belongings will just be shipped back home. Tickled me so much when she was at my house for only an hour today before she asked if we could make soup together--so we made some vegetarian veggie soup. She's into cutting the veggies with a paring knife now. I just cut one or two to show her the size we need and she takes it from there. She seasoned the homemade broth totally by herself, too, and it was delicious.

Ashlie, enjoy your time off, but hurry back.

Joanna, congrats on your loss! Send that Magic Scale Fairy to ME! I haven't seen her since the beginning of July, but I'm being patient--so far. I know she'll show up eventually.

Quinn, glad you had some coolness and rain today. I thought of you when I took my two youngest grandkids out for breakfast and then to the park. Unusually nice cool breeze in the shade before it got up to the 90's this afternoon. Aw, good for you for not panicking over that regain. You know what to do and how to do it, so you WILL do it. Kudos on the shorter range of yo-yoing.

Amy, welcome home! So glad to have you back! You should be so proud of all the work you did with your kids to earn all the awards. LOL on DD working on an afghan already for next year's fair! I cannot even begin to imagine how how it must have been in the livestock barns. Scrubbing down the rabbit barn is not something I'd look forward to. I see your kids have already learned the value of hard work! My hat is off to you, lady! We know how hard it had to have been to eat healthfully at the fair and in that heat the ice cream a few times a day had to have been helpful. But I so admire you for already laying out those gym clothes! I'll bet you'll be in great shape for the upcoming wedding and HS reunion.

Mary, congrats on your loss, too and on getting in some fruit. I'm always glad to get rid of "unknowns" from the fridge. LOL

Last edited by Mern; 07-27-2011 at 10:51 AM.
Old 07-27-2011, 11:05 AM
FitDay Member

Mike what is Whey ON, Cookies & Cream? Is that your protein shake?

Your macros from today look great so far (to me) and your food looks good.

I'm going a little lighter on calories today after having taken the grandkids to breakfast at McDonalds and ordering bacon and eggs. Shot my dietary cholesterol numbers up way past my target. Probaby the Canadian bacon would have been a better choice, though. Well, I don't eat eggs all the time, so this will be my splurge for the week. Back to egg substitute (store brand of Egg Beaters) tomorrow. On second thought, maybe I'll go out to the kitchen and make some chocolate flaxmeal muffins for tomorrow's breakfast.

Last edited by Mern; 07-27-2011 at 11:15 AM.
Old 07-27-2011, 11:16 AM
Super Moderator

Mern, That is my Optimum Nutrition (brand) whey protein powder, I mix it with water and ice. Not my favorite by any means. I was able to fall right back asleep last night. I got up, grabbed my peanuts, ate them and fell back asleep like a baby. Yes, knowing that someone may peek in at my food will help keep me in line. Thanks for looking! I wasn't hungry yesterday, I think it was b/c I was so busy trying to get caught up after not having my laptop. Your splurge sounds like it was pretty lite!

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 07-27-2011 at 11:18 AM.
Old 07-27-2011, 01:29 PM
FitDay Member

Lizzie,
Great job on the treadmill! I didn't get my walk in as it's raining, but I might try again later tonight. Thanks for the kind words about maintenance... For me, I know that if I start eating a lot of breads, bakery, etc., I gain. If I snack on fruits and veggies instead, I lose. But, sometimes a big, warm, fresh from the oven, loaf of bread sounds pretty darned good... *Sigh* Good bread, good wine, good cheese and I would be content forever.

Mern,
How wonderful that your granddaughter is back! Sounds like she missed grandma, too!

Goals for this week:

* 4 fruits and veggies a day. (Can't figure out why this has been hard for me this summer as I was, pretty much, a vegetarian for 4 years.) 2, 4, 3

*Eat clean. (Simple enough.) Y, meh, pretty clean

* Log foods and limit calories to 1200. 1326, 1149 (carb heavy), 1109

Last edited by quinnesec; 07-28-2011 at 01:48 AM.
Old 07-27-2011, 02:02 PM
FitDay Member

So, I've read that it's not a good idea to have more than a 1000 calorie deficit in a day, something that I assume has to do with keeping your body out of starvation mode. Is this true? What about if your deficit is 1200 to 1300 calories on workout days (as mine is)? But then maybe on other days, it's... oh about 700 calories. Just curious what everyone's experience has been.

1.) Stay under 1550 calories/day: Yes/Yes/No, but had deficit of over 1000 calories, so not too worried
2.) Drink at least 64 oz. water/day: Yes/Yes/Yes
3.) Try for less carbs, more protein: Not awesome/Alright/Satisfactory
Old 07-27-2011, 02:16 PM
FitDay Member

Default new to fitday

I was wondering if anyone can tell me how the pie chart is suppose to look.
Old 07-27-2011, 02:20 PM
FitDay Member

Default new to fit day

I also do not know how to post my own questions without replying to someone's else stuff. I cant find a help section and the contact us doesnt work for me since my email is not the default one they want me to use. I am really batting zero.

Thanks for any help anyone can give me. I am new to this type of chatting..
Old 07-27-2011, 02:39 PM
Super Moderator

Lynn, the pie chart is different for everyone...it depends on your preferences and what type of diet works best for you.

To post your question, find the appropriate topic on the list of forums, select it, and click on "New Thread." Then you can post away. If you have technical questions, the very last thread listed would be a good place to start, or you could always click on and post in the Newcomers section.

Well, I feel horrible after a day on the road, five hours of sleep, and too much stress. I'm dizzy and my hands are numb (what's up with that?) and I just want to lie down and read Mindless Eating till I fall asleep. Will catch up with y'all tomorrow.

1. Keep calories below 1300. 1279, 1275, 1405-I tried; 2 meals on the road
2. Exercise 6 times (3X weights). Stationary Bike, Weights
3. Water, water, everywhere! Yes, Yes, Yes
4. Balance the pie chart. B-/C+, A, A
5. Fiber 25 g. 29, 32, 31
6. Log everything. Yes, Yes, Yes
7. Take calcium. Yes, Yes, Yes
Old 07-27-2011, 03:39 PM
Super Moderator

I resisted a simple urge today. I was headed out to pool league and needed some cash. I hate running to the bank (out of my way) and hitting the ATM so I stopped by a grocery store on the way out. I usually just make a small purchase on my debit card and get cash back. I walked in and out of habit almost went straight to the register to grab a butterfinger or a pack of gum but knew that if I put that in my log Mern would bust me. So I ran to the produce dept and grabbed a plum.

Tonight I'm actually hungry, and I'm the least deficient. I'm thinking I may need to up my cars a day, I've averaged ~27g, not counting green veggies for the past 3 days. I actually think I need fiber. But I'm going to start my day tomorrow with a full serving of oatmeal. Not the instant crap BTW.

I have a feeling that I'll be up and down all night. I picked up a gallon jug of water and killed it plus two 16.9oz bottles. That's 161.8oz!

Joanna, As far as starvation mode, I think everyone is different. I couldn't go many days being 1000 calories deficient but Michael and many others do it on a daily basis with great success.

My goals for the week:
1) Eat clean 6 days (only 1 cheat day): yes, yes, yes
2) 3000 calories deficient for the week: -891,-1478, -455
3) Weigh in on Monday and post a picture of the scale: yes
4) either post my weekly food graphs or make my food log public: yes 01gt4.6 - free online diet and fitness journal (let me know if y'all can see it)
5) walk/run 10 miles: 3.05, 1.32, 0
6) gallon of water a day: yes, yes, yes
7) work out 3 times: no, yes, no
9) daily:
fish oil x 2 yes, yes, yes
vitamin yes, yes, yes
floss yes, yes, yes
10) take picture of myself and post up: yes, see above
11) no more than 2 servings of nuts per day (including peanut butter) yes (1), yes (1), yes (2)
12) 5 servings of veggies a day (green veggies don't get logged) yes (5), yes (5), yes (6)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.