Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread: Week Starting 03/21/2011 >

7-Day Motivational Thread: Week Starting 03/21/2011

Community

7-Day Motivational Thread: Week Starting 03/21/2011

Old 03-27-2011, 08:51 AM
FitDay Member

For anyone considering McDonald's new oatmeal... did you know that it has 32 g. of sugar per serving? I found that out after my husband wolfed one down this morning.
Old 03-27-2011, 08:57 AM
FitDay Member

Here's my Progress Report for the week. Did okay on some, and not so okay on others. I did manage to nearly meet my weigh loss goal for the week which was 2lbs- I lost 1.5 lbs. =) So, even though I wasn't able to fo my jump rope routine I tried to make it up with extra walking.

This Weeks Goals:

1- Start my new Jump Rope exercise regime 4/5 days a week (no snow no excuses) Not this week
2- Add more green vegies to my diet through green smoothies. NoYes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes,No
3- Start Calorie counting and weighing food again Yes, Every Day
4- Avoid breads and sugary sweets which have gluten No Everday
5- Start logging food and activity again Yes, Every Day

Non-Fitness Goals:

1- Finish my needle lace project for class No, was set back because of erands, and my husbands exam today. I didn't have a chance to stop and work on it
2- Clean Home & finish laundry for Spring CleaningNo, got lazy
3- Hang New Curtains I got yesterday Done! And they look cute!
4- Re-Organize Closet No, Lazy Me!
5- File for Husbands Passport No, Didn't have a chance this week
Old 03-27-2011, 09:51 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by quinnesec
Mike,

I think I've found my personal version of your "peanut butter crack". For me, it's Justin's Almond Butter, and I'll never buy it again! Not because it's bad, but rather that it's so incredibly good!!! I can't have this stuff in the house... it's killing me!

If my family can pry it out of my hands, they'll have to hide it somewhere...
Don't try the chocolate hazelnut butter, then...

Justin's is good stuff!
Old 03-27-2011, 11:28 AM
FitDay Member

April, glad to know you'd already planned on giving yourself more leeway on the calories next week.

Quinn, I looked at Justin's almond butter online and was surprised how nicely the nutrition facts fit in with my eating style: 2 tbsp=200 calories, 18g fat, zero sodium, zero cholesterol, 6g carbs, 4g fiber, 7g protein. Nice. I may try it sometime, even though I'm totally hooked on Naturally More for both the flavor, creaminess/consistency, and the Omega-3.

Cassie, I saw that Chocolate Hazelnut peanut butter on Justin's website. I don't dare even buy that for my grandkids because I couldn't trust myself to stay out of it.

Crimpet, whatcha doin' in Turkey? Congrats on getting in your veggies through the smoothies. And congrats on your weight loss! I'm happy even if I lose only 1/2 pound in any given week. As I always say, the weight doesn't fall off all by itself--we worked hard for the loss.
Old 03-27-2011, 11:45 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Mern!

I know what you mean. I don't think I had the right attitude before, and felt that if I hadn't made a major loss I hadn't lost at all. Now, I have the right attitude, and see that any loss is a plus. So, I'm feeling better about it and more motivation to eat healthy. I got the smoothies in, but I made a mistake in the mixture, and happen to make the mixture in bulk so I was stuck with drinking a horrible smoothie every day lol I managed it as much as I could, but I don't think I'll ever make in bulk again just incase.

Been in Turkey for 2 years. My husband is Turk and we're still working on getting him to the USA. Been a Loooong painful process

Hopefully this summer we'll be there though
Old 03-27-2011, 11:54 AM
Super Moderator

quinn, that almond butter does sound good.

Well today I went to a cookout and I decided that I'd eat regular stuff, and I wasn't going to track my food today. I track EVERYTHING and have multiple spread sheets for just about everything and I kinda felt like today I'd take a break. Not like "cheat day" break, but just a break. So I had a bun with my hamburger and a small serving of baked beans, etc. I did practice portion control and I was drinking my water like it was going out of style. I'm quite sure that my carbs were way over my limit, but I ate food and not junk, which is a plus. Part of me feels a little guilty for letting my guard down but another part feels relieved, I know it sounds stupid.

I'll go back to tracking my food tomorrow, and I planned on tomorrow being my cheat day, but last night I had a Butterfinger Blast. So if I cheat tomorrow it will be nothing serious (probably just one meal and not the entire day).
Old 03-27-2011, 01:02 PM
FitDay Member

Mike,

I kind of did the same thing today. I had no problem Friday, Saturday or until supper tonight. Then, the family asked me to make a white pizza and well... I kind of lost it. At least it was just one meal and not the whole weekend, though. Then, I needed something sweet so I tackled the rest of those jelly beans. Not even going to bother logging...

Sunday may become a controlled "cheat day" for me in order to get some cravings out of the way for the week.

I am SO ready to eat healthy tomorrow... I kind of feel overstuffed and gagged!

It's the almond butter I tell you!!! It's evil and it started this whole thing!!!
Old 03-27-2011, 01:02 PM
FitDay Member

Mike – yeah, just gonna swap the legs/back/abs and kenpo days around. You’re right, the legs really wear you out. I’m just going to try that to see if I’m more enthused about doing kenpo on a Friday. I’m not having trouble with doing the Ab Ripper after the workout, though the crunchy frog is excruciating after you’ve had your legs raised for that long. This morning I did the in&outs, then the crunchy frog, then the bicycles and that worked so much better.
Regarding the pull-ups, this morning (was Chest & Back this morning), I raised myself using one leg, again trying to put less weight on my leg, then lifted my foot off for the last inch or so, right at the top of the pull-up. Could only do a few, but it’s progress.
The crane – nope. Not yet. Dude, I can stand on my head (for maybe a half a second), but just can’t co-ordinate myself to get up in the crane. Other than that, I absolutely love the yoga . . . well, I love the last half. Amazing – I have NEVER sweated doing yoga before.
Mr PB Pimp, there are no Walmarts or Sam’s Clubs in Australia, sadly. I know you can get 100% here, but after searching three grocery shops on Saturday, I came to the conclusion my region stocks only those with added salt, sugar, dextrose, peroxide, battery acid and grass trimmings. I may have to turn to the trusty internet to find me some Naturally Mores.
By the way, now you’ve tasted those peanut butter and chocolate protein blobs, what’s your opinion on adding more protein powder, just so they might be used as a bar substitute rather than a not-entirely-unhealthy snack?
And I know what you mean about being partly relieved for your easing up on eating restrictions, but partly guilty. No wise words, just offering empathy.

Mern – good on you for talking yourself out of cheating. Little House on the Prairie, hey? I hope you get over your allergies soon! I know what it’s like to feel all congested and irritable with the weather.

Acameron – that’s really great that you chose to go the way of the salad instead of the pizza. I bet you felt all virtuous and healthy after your dinner . . .

Almeeker – the level of strength that has built in me just over the past two weeks is astonishing, and while I might sound like an advert, I wouldn’t have done it without that program (ha! No name dropping, ‘coz I don’t get commission ). You probably already know, but there are a couple of other programs that can ‘get you ready’ for the X, too. Good luck on your pull-ups!

Terri – perhaps an idea is, when you’re trying something new, to have a back-up meal planned just in case (even if it’s just all the ingredients for a chicken salad or something). Might take some of the anxiety out of it, perhaps?
Oh, and that’s a really good idea, changing things up exercise-wise as you are. And I agree completely. If you’re sore somewhere, you may as well work another area to keep yourself in good form and give your injury a rest.
Ah, and you got comments for dressing up, hey? Nice!
I’m about to try whey protein powder (ordered some, waiting for it to arrive). My experience with soy protein powder is that it has a gritty texture and doesn’t dissolve really well. So it’s really aesthetics and has nothing to do with nutritional benefit!

Wilbeanerz – jeez Louise. That’s a lot of process! I get why they have to be so careful with foster parents, of course, and it’s good to know that the checking is really in place. Good luck with it all. Sounds like you’re going to be super busy! And well done for making the right choice and saying a big, loud mental ‘NO!’ to the junk food!

Quinn – oh my gawd. McDonalds has oatmeal now? *Sigh*. Personally, I think Subway would do a roaring trade if they could figure out a way to make it a drive-through . . . really? Oatmeal . . ? I may need a moment to digest this.

Weekend was a success. I did have a little snack on Snakatas, which are little rice crackers with flavouring on them (we had roast chicken flavouring), but made sure to give the 8yo his share first, then ate them really slowly. Oh, and, everyone do a little victory dance with me - no alcohol at ALL over the weekend! Even when my partner came on home on Friday night all geared up and ready to party (he'd had a beer or two before coming home so was in a delightful mood), I said, 'No!' and stuck to it. Honestly, I think that's the first weekend I have not had anything to drink in about six months.

Didn't get out to the park as the weather wasn't really conducive to outside play. However, we did sit down with our 8yo for literally hours playing Connect 4 tournaments and Monopoly before having a break to watch a movie or play the Wii. It was such a pleasant weekend, and what made it even better was the gobsmacking behaviour of my eldest. Can you believe, on Saturday night as I was cooking dinner, he came into the kitchen, loitered about for a bit, then said, 'Well, is there anything you need my help with?'. I think it is quite possible he has been possessed by a well-behaved and agreeable entity . . . my other theory is diet? I do understand some ADD or ADHD kids can be 'controlled' (there is probably a better word) by changing food habits for the better. I wonder . . .
My son doesn't have ADD or ADHD, by the way. I'm just wondering if maybe it's the same principle.

Last edited by behaze; 03-27-2011 at 01:45 PM. Reason: Clarity
Old 03-27-2011, 01:22 PM
FitDay Member

behaze,

"Quinn – oh my gawd. McDonalds has oatmeal now? *Sigh*. Personally, I think Subway would do a roaring trade if they could figure out a way to make it a drive-through . . . really? Oatmeal . . ? I may need a moment to digest this."

The Subways in my area actually do have drive-throughs... I think for orders that you call in ahead. And yes, the McDonald's oatmeal is pretty awful (my opinion) especially if you've gotten use to old-fashioned oats or steel-cut oats. It's about 300 cal. too for a pretty small serving.
Old 03-27-2011, 01:43 PM
FitDay Member

Quinn - well, if you guys have Subway drive-throughs, maybe we'll get them, too.
What is in that oatmeal to make a serving 300 calories?! I can guess sugar would be high up on the list, but that's a lot of sugar for even a normal size bowl of it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.