Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 3/7/11 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 3/7/11

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 3/7/11

Old 03-12-2011, 01:56 AM
FitDay Member

Mern, I belong to the local Y and they have the Silver Sneakers Program. It seems like a big hit and that people enjoy it. If you make a buddy in one of the classes you might not mind going on a bike machine or something b/c you can just talk to the person next to you. It makes it more enjoyable. Sorry to hear about your glaucoma, is it similar to cataracts? It's so wonderful to know that you aren't letting this vision problem get in your way of taking walks and challenging yourself, good for you! Go Mern!

Cassie, 35 min on the treadmill is perfect, EVERYTHING COUNTS!! It all adds up to being healthy and you are doing great! Yesterday I had a light workout (31 mins on the bike at level 11) but I still got sweaty, which is what I like. I was trying to be easy on my joints since I felt a bit sore from all the running. I also needed to review flashcards so that is easier to do on the bike. Yay for multi-tasking.

I'm about to put up my food log from yesterday....Lou and I went out for dinner...
Old 03-12-2011, 02:28 AM
FitDay Member

Old 03-12-2011, 02:35 AM
FitDay Member

I took lou out for a celebratory dinner because he got his first paper published.

I had only eaten 850 or 900 cals for the day before dinner, and I wasn't that hungry! Amazing!

Just the arugula salad with buffalo mozz, grilled calamari and roasted red pepper would have been perfect (in hindsight), but I was afraid that it wouldn't be enough calories. So then we split an appetizer of crustini's with sausage and caramelized onions. I didn't eat much of the bread but I ate 4-5 pieces of sausage and onions. I also didn't finish the martini and we got no dessert. However, my cals doubled, and I was really trying to be careful. I may have over/underestimated my calories, as it's really hard for me to estimate ounces..esp since I don't own a scale

This makes me realize how UBER careful I'll have to be on vaca...

Last edited by blackrhino2; 03-12-2011 at 02:38 AM.
Old 03-12-2011, 03:31 AM
Super Moderator

Cassie, congrats on the 35 min. run (I'm jealous), I need to try to get out and play tennis again soon.

Mike, get your head out your ass! Only 2 more days, suck it up, keep your carbs below 75g! No Plyo? The week is almost up, get off your butt and get it done!! (oh wait... that's me )

Muna, yeas you are there b/c you were the 1st to post after me. I was going to try to push you along this week but I with every thing else you had to deal with, I couldn't bring myself to it. BTW Nuts are good for you, is this just a personal challenge to stay away from them or do you get them by the truck load?

Mern, May 9th. I was a Mother's day baby. She said that I was the best Mother's day gift ever. I can almost hear her now "Get this bastard out of me, and someone grab me a cigarette!" Damn I miss her!!!!

Julia, congrats to Lou. Yep the cals add up quickly when you go out to eat.
Old 03-12-2011, 04:36 AM
Super Moderator

jj: congrats on getting out of "obese!" Must feel awesome!! and congrats on sticking to all of your goals as well - kicking cigs AND changing the diet takes a lot of willpower, you go!

Cassie: You can wait until they leave to roar, but I swear, it really does help! And the hand is much better! I've dealt with burns before, I'm just hoping it doesn't scar. Sometime I will tell you about the time I caught my sleeve on fire on the bunsen burner (Don't worry, I was okay!) Also, I see you got an office task done!!! Hooray for you!!!!

acameron: welcome!! Great goals! Update us whenever you like!

Mern: The fingers hurt for about a day, typing was tough, but as I told Cassie, I've gotten lots of burns unfortunately -and set my clothes on fire! (burns, cuts, scratches are common in my job). I'm glad you accept the encouragement and don't shrug it off!! I think you're doing a LOT, especially considering your injury, and you don't give up. Rain, shine, cold, wet, I know you're out there doing the best you can, no excuses. That's really inspiring! You're also sticking to your food goals basically like glue, and that's awesome.

Julia: Congrats to Lou!! That's a huge accomplishment, he must be over the moon (and you too!)

Mike: I hope you're off your butt and doing Pylo!!!!

Friday Report Card

Food, Exercise and Lifestyle goals:

1) Drink 64 oz. water daily. Get to 72 if I can. -- M: 91!!! Tu: 71 W: 76 Th: 82 F: 68
2) 1400 cal. daily limit -- M: 1,185 Tu: 1,030 W: 1,237 Th: 1,239 F: 1,139
3) Exercise five hours this week, at least 3 hours hard cardio --
M: One hour hard cardio at the gym last night. I think I hit some exercise-high in the middle of it for the first time (Total 1 hour, 1 hour hard cardio)
Tu: Day off (Total 1 hour, 1 hour hard cardio)
W: Unexpected day off due to weather conditions (flooding around my apartment). Definitely working out tonight!! (Total 1 hour, 1 hour hard cardio)
Th: One hour hard cardio done, and it was a SLOG for some reason. (Total 2 hours, 2 hours hard cardio)
F: Helped a friend move Friday afternoon, there was LOTS of lifting boxes and moving heavy furniture and scrubbing. It took about 2 1/2 hours to move her, I'm counting it as a total of 1h exercise (since there was some standing around gabbing ) (Total 3 hours, 2 hours hard cardio)
4) 5 servings of fruits and vegetables daily -- M: 4 Tu: somewhere between 4 and 5? Salads are hard. W: Only 3 Th: Total failure. 2? F: YES! 5
5) No boxed/premade lunches or dinners -- M: Yes Tu: No, had Panera salad for lunch W: No Th: Success! F: No, lab lunch provided by boss
6) Eat one big salad a day for lunch or dinner -- M: Yes, had 2! Tu: Also 2! W: Yes, lunch Th: No, because we apparently ran out of salad-making material. Grocery shopping is necessary. F: Yes!
7) Balance protein to at least 30% of nutritional chart -- M: 39%! Tu: 28% W: 27% Th: 30% F: 48%

Other Life Stuff:

1) Re-start my needlework. Try to work on it for at least an hour a day. -- M: Nope Tu: No. Grr. W: OMG Yes. Since it was raining I decided to tackle it. Three hours and all the scut work is done, I can actually start sewing! Th: No. F: No
2) Call my grandmother -- M: No Tu: Yes! And she has apparently mailed me four cooking magazines, haha W: No. Th: No. F: No
3) Schedule hair appointment -- M: No Tu: No W: Not yet. Th: YES! Getting done next Monday. Thanks for the nudge almeeker! F: N/A
4) Doctor's appointment on Tuesday (and Thursday), don't forget!! M: N/A
Tu: Had doctor's appointment regarding mass in right breast. It's a large (4 cm) cyst. I'll take it! Scheduled needle aspiration for this Thursday morning to drain. Breathing large sigh of relief.
W: N/A
Th: Appointment went smoothly, everything is drained, no follow-up.
F: N/A

Not only did I help a friend move yesterday (all-female moving team! haha, moving her GIGANTIC CALIFORNIA KING BED was hilarity!) but I also got grocery shopping done and did some other chores I'd been putting off. I didn't go to the gym, but I still feel accomplished! I also bought a $6 food scale at the grocery store. It only does lbs. and oz., but that's really all I need for right now. I'll start getting in the habit of weighing my food ASAP.

Sorry for the late-ish update, Fitday wasn't working for me this morning, kept kicking me off the forums! How rude!!

~Terri
Old 03-12-2011, 04:50 AM
FitDay Member

Mern and Mike the main problem with me and cashews/almonds/walnuts is that i love them and find it hard to control portions. Truckload - no, but 100g no problem. i do have PB at home and eat it on bread with jam and thats ok coz i don't like peanuts. But nuts, eh nuts... They are my weakness.

Mike, what a coincidence you decided to push me and I secretly took inspiration in your lower-carb attitude. But today I fell ill, i feel like i was poisoned - headache, fever, dizziness, no appetite. thats mean am really ill. Hopefully i'll be better soon.
Old 03-12-2011, 05:22 AM
Super Moderator

Muna, I hope you are feeling better soon. Did you go low carb?
Old 03-12-2011, 06:21 AM
FitDay Member

low-ish, usual day is around 240g but the last week i was being very careful esp.with bread and got on 210g, 195g and today 115g for total of around 1300kcal which is low for me but i like it hehe sickness has its positives. I cut out coffee, substituted dairy with soya milk coz it has about half the carbs, i eliminated biscuits and bananas.

i love my carbs fruits, bread,
Old 03-12-2011, 06:31 AM
Super Moderator

250g is the norm for me. I'm going to try to stay under 300g on my cheat day!

I was really having a crappy day, getting down and depressed over my financial situation. I started to journal my feeling about everything and it was feeling good to get it out but bothered me at the same time. I felt that I was getting more bummed. Then I got a call out of the blue from a friend, actually my ex-BIL (I guess... it's my ex-wife's brother) and it made me feel a lot better. I think I'm going to go outside and cut the grass, do something productive. I'll be back before long, I'm sure.
Old 03-12-2011, 08:17 AM
Super Moderator

hour and a half later I still can't get the mower to start. I bought it last summer and now think for less money I could have paid some kid to cut my grass last year. Now I get to head to the gym pissed off and smelling like gas. I give up. I'm done bitching for now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.