Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
New 7-Day Motivational Thread 10/17/2010 >

New 7-Day Motivational Thread 10/17/2010

Community
Notices

New 7-Day Motivational Thread 10/17/2010

Old 10-24-2010, 06:02 AM
FitDay Member

Default Me, too!

Glenda,
What a terrific coincidence...I just did the first workout on the 30 Day Shred today too. It was tough, but I have one problem. I'm 48 years old, have had four kids, and my bladder just won't hold up to the jumping jacks. Any ideas? I know that Jillian says everyone should be able to do them, but I must find an alternative. I can run fine, and have thought about maybe using the bench step for the cardio intervals, but I haven't been able to do jumping jacks or even sneeze without crossing my legs for about 8 years.
I also got Jillian's "No More Trouble Zones" and "Banish Fat Boost Metabolism" but haven't had time to try them yet.
My son's last football game is this week, so I won't have to run him back and forth to practices after that. That should be better for evening exercising.
Old 10-24-2010, 12:00 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Darlean
Glenda,
What a terrific coincidence...I just did the first workout on the 30 Day Shred today too. It was tough, but I have one problem. I'm 48 years old, have had four kids, and my bladder just won't hold up to the jumping jacks. Any ideas? I know that Jillian says everyone should be able to do them, but I must find an alternative. I can run fine, and have thought about maybe using the bench step for the cardio intervals, but I haven't been able to do jumping jacks or even sneeze without crossing my legs for about 8 years.
I also got Jillian's "No More Trouble Zones" and "Banish Fat Boost Metabolism" but haven't had time to try them yet.
My son's last football game is this week, so I won't have to run him back and forth to practices after that. That should be better for evening exercising.
Darlean-That is awesome that we started it on the same day! The worst part for me was the push ups. I cant do one to save my life. I do feel your pain regarding the bladder issue. I am 35 and had to have surgery for that two years ago. I would have accidents everyday. The surgery was very effective. I had to have a hysterectomy last year and since then have had a few problems so I am wondering if something with my bladder was messed up during my surgery. I think if you do the bench step or even jog in place you would be fine! Maybe jog in place and raise your arms above your head, up and down as you jog.

Do you plan on doing the 30 day shred everyday?
Old 10-24-2010, 12:03 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by jamiegates
Just starting the program and looking forward to the start of tomorrows 7 day challenge. I understand that most people on here are trying to lose weight, which I am too, but only 10lbs. I am mostly here to keep my depression and anxiety at bay. Hope I can get the same support.
Welcome Jamie! Glad to have you here with us. This is a great group of women! I am getting ready to start the new thread since Susan is out of town. Look forward to getting to know you.
Old 10-24-2010, 01:56 PM
FitDay Member

For those of you with bladder issues, my great grandmother (bless her soul) swore by cranberry juice. Just a little glass (4-6oz) every morning, and guess what, that old bird was right!!! Whenever I have that issue I go out and grab a jug of the stuff and it fixes me right up. I won't go running without it. I also give it to the kids, especially the 4 year old DD, it cuts the bed wetting incidents right down to nothin'. I've also started giving it to one of the little ones that I watch, because a 7 year old aught not have accidents, especially at a Brownie meeting....

Okay, it may not cure everything but give it a try for a few days then do the jumping jacks and see if it didn't help. I've also found that dried cranberries are just as good.
Old 10-24-2010, 07:54 PM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up

1. Drink 2.5 litres of water . yes
2. should not eat after 8 pm . yes
3. do 1 hour of cardio workout . no
4. Cut down the 3 C's - Chocolate, Chips n Cookies. no
5. Have my bowl of fruit salad . yes
6. Meditate and Appreciate myself for what i am doing . yes

i have nt worked out over the weekend mostly due to my laziness... but compared to last weekend , i was able to control my calorie intake n not put on weight again... i ll try harder next week to do workout everyday...

i got my other 1.4 lbs off !!! so tats gud news it had been hard to keep up wid my goals this week but i m happy wid the result.... luking fwd to join wid u in the new forum gymantych
Old 10-25-2010, 01:13 AM
FitDay Member

gmantych,

I don't think I'll be doing the 30 day shred every single day. I run and lift weights, plus I bought a couple more of Jillian's dvd's to try. I think I'll mix it up a bit. I'll let you know what I think of the other dvd's when I get to them.

almeeker,

thanks for the cranberry juice tip. I love cranberry juice, so that should be easy. I also had a hysterectomy in my mid thirties, so maybe that's a common thing to occur afterwards.

I'll see you all on the 7 day motivational thread for this week.
Yeah!!!!