FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just men (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-men/)
-   -   Goal of 240 by 11/1/2010 (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-men/110-goal-240-11-1-2010-a.html)

efduncan 01-10-2010 09:37 AM

Goal of 240 by 11/1/2010

Hey folks. I'm Ed and 49 years old. I have always been a big guy, I'm 6'5". My wife and I took a cruise on my 49Th birthday the first week of November 2009. When I returned I weighed in at 310 pounds. I have set a goal of 240x11/1/2010. I want to start my 50s being healthy and feeling better. As of today, I'm down to 294. I have been hitting the gym 3 - 6 times a week doing 45 minutes cardio and 45 minutes of weights, stretches and calisthenics.
I love to eat but my #1 sin is I LOVE a good cold beer, sometimes I LOVE 5 or 6 cold beers. I'm going do my best to keep the beer to a minimum and keep my food journaled.
I plan to keep this thread update through my goal date every few day.
I appreciate any support and please wish me luck.

lamafri 01-10-2010 10:30 AM

Good luck. Keep us posted.

rmnsuk 01-11-2010 07:16 AM

way to go!!

I am in a similar situation, though chocolate is my problem not drink. I look forward to following your progress.

baxtman 01-11-2010 09:05 AM

New commitment

Hey ed duncan! Proud of your commitment. As You know weight loss is hard work, but the bottom line is all it takes is commitment. nothing wrong with a good cold beer or two once in a while. there are even a few that are very low in cal and carbs. It's definitly not any worse for you than a soda once in a while. My name is mark. I am starting today on a commitment to loose 54.5 # by 5/10. I entered a "Biggest Loser challenge today at work and plan to blow away my competition. Its not that I think that I am so much better able to loose weight than they are. It's that I know how hard it is and most people will fail. But not you Ed, you are already on the right track. when did you start this endevor? It takes about 6 weeks to make a new habit a permanent change. I am now 53 trs old. At one time in my life I was in increadible shape, so I know it can be done. About 6 yrs ago I hurt my knee and stopped working out. It is hard to get back into it once your out of it. Kudos to you. I will be watching for your progress.

efduncan 01-11-2010 10:59 AM

Thanks for all the support guys. I hope we all have good luck,
Mark, I know you will do well too. My latest endeavor with buckling down was 11/10/09 at 310. The holidays were tough but managed not to gain in those weeks. I have lost a lot of weight before, 15 years ago, I was a running fool and got down to 205. I started having a lot of knee problems as well and quit running, Over the next few years my weight has been up and down, the highest was about 2 years ago, I weighed during the holidays and was over 325. Hope never to see that again.
Did good today, under 2000 calories(my goal every day) and good gym visit. Down side was I was stuck behind a desk the rest of the day.
Thanks and good luck to everyone.

farr1022 01-20-2010 12:41 AM

Good luck Ed. Keep us posted. My only true vice is an ice cold Sierra Nevada and I have sworn them off until I hit my target weight. When I started my program I put my favorite beer mug in the freezer and I end up seeing it every day. When I hit 200 I will take that glass out of the fridge and crack an SN.

jtownsend1210 01-21-2010 10:38 AM

Good luck efduncan- I know what you mean about the beer (and chocolate and pizza and doritos ect...) Keep your eye on the prize....

efduncan 01-22-2010 10:47 AM

Thanks for the support guys. I hit 285 today, that's the 25 pound mark. 45 more to go. I'm still hitting the gym more days than not and trying to stay under 2000 calories a day.
Good luck to everyone.

richardiv87 01-29-2010 12:49 PM

I'll beat you there! Same date as my goal. Goal is a stretch at 220 (started at 334 at the end of November). I have a couple of years on you being 35, but the last time I was as low as 205 I think I was 15. Wife has signed me up for a gym, so I've recently been starting that, and am at about 298 right now. Goal is 2,200 calories but I havent been close to reaching that for the past week or so. I have a similar problem with the desk job AND I travel too so restaurant food is a big challenge. Good luck and keep us informed!

efduncan 01-30-2010 12:50 AM

Hey Richard,
We both have a long way to go but as long as we keep going the right direction is all that is important. I'm keeping a food journal on Fit day of all my food and it helps me. I try to post after every meal if I'm around a computer. My goal is about 2000 calories a day. I stay close during the week but get a good bit over on the weekends. Over the past two months the program says I average about 2300 per day and burn about 4000. I have no idea if this is true but I have dropped 27 pounds since November 7. The weight loss is slower now, just 2 pounds this week but like I said, thats the right direction. I hope you have good luck and keep me posted too.