FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just men (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-men/)
-   -   Goal of 240 by 11/1/2010 (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-men/110-goal-240-11-1-2010-a.html)

rmnsuk 01-31-2010 04:16 AM

Good luck. Chocolate and cheese are my downfall, and I hate cardio. But sticking to 2000 calories seems to work well for now. I'll have to reduce it a bit once I get nearer goal, but thats a long way off. Managed another 2 pounds this week :)

Just found a fantastic curry recipe that is very easy and not OTT in calories. We have been cooking it up all day ! (2nd recipe on the sheet)
http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/mumsknowb..._harjinder.pdf

jameswalton 01-31-2010 05:58 AM

Good luck Ed

Ed I am 48 years old and we just had a new gym open in town so I joined and got a trainer to help me out. Just after the first session I found out just how bad of shape I am in. I am 6.0ft and 262lbs, that was last week I now weigh in at 258lbs. My down fall is all foods I love to eat junk, the trainer made me a new menu to go by well at first I thought I was going to die because it was not pizza and junk food but now it is all I need to eat and every thing seems to be working out, so just hang in there and we both as well as many others can do this.

efduncan 02-01-2010 11:00 AM

Thanks guys. Junk food and chocolate is hard to say no to. I think the salty snacks gets to me more than the sweet. I love nuts, chips and crackers. I'm sure a personal trainer is a big advantage. I would love to have one but my wife is wanting the kitchen remodeled, better save the money for now.
Good luck to both of you guys and keep me posted on your progress.

richardiv87 02-21-2010 02:19 AM

Hey guys, hows it going? Superbowl was a nightmare for me...far too much good stuff to pass by, but I paid for it dearly for the 2 days after...both on the scale and in the way I felt. Been good since then, but this week is the first time I moved on the scale significantly for a month. Was getting tough, but got through it and I seem to be moving in the right direction again. Down 16 lbs since the first week in January and after this week, 8lbs in the last 4 weeks, so must be doing something right. Just having trouble getting my heart rate up on the treadmill - I've been told by the trainer at the gym that I should not run (bad knee). Any ideas?

efduncan 02-22-2010 07:16 AM

Hey Richard, your doing great and hope we both stay at it. If the treadmill inclines, that may help get your heart rate up, I can put it on 6-8% incline and about 4 MPH and my rate hits around 130. Not holding on the handles and the arms swing helps a great deal too. I had knee surgery about 17 years ago and I don't run either. I try to mix it up and do the treadmill, elliptical, stationary bike, rowing machine and stepper. I'm now down 35 pounds since 11/2009 and have found out I have to keep raising the resistance on the cardio and weights. Guess that is what we all are shooting for, being more fit.
Keep us posted on the progress and good luck,
Ed

farr1022 03-17-2010 10:43 PM

Ed, How is it going?

efduncan 03-18-2010 11:41 AM

Hey Farr, It's going good. I've been hitting the gym hard and doing good on diet most days. I still have to have a couple of cold beers on weekends. I have tried the Bud Select 55 calorie beers, not too bad. I'm at 265, down 45 since November 2009. Still coming to fitday every day to post my food and workouts. I feel great and strong. Looks like your doing great and I think we will reach our goals early. 34 pounds in 3 months is great! So what is your secret of dropping so much so quick?
Ed

sbuffer 03-19-2010 08:25 AM

Good job guys!

I too started at 310, but on 7 Dec 2009, so you have a week or 3 on me. Weighed in today at 272, shooting for 220 by 01 Nov 2010, but would be happy at 240. I'm 6'2", and never have been petit.
During the week I am pretty serious about eating and excersize (3 days @ gym & 3 days with 3 mile walk) but on weekends... Lets just say that I know Guinness Draught is "only" 125 calories/bottle. :) When I look at the graph for my weight, I can easily pick out the weekends!

efduncan 03-20-2010 12:56 AM

Sbuffer, we are in the same boat with weight, goal and weekend sins. Keep us posted on your progress. We will make our goals by November and still have a couple cold ones on the way.
Ed

farr1022 03-20-2010 10:54 AM

Hi Guys, Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

I too have a profound love for beer. This has been the most challenging part of my weight loss is to curb the beer. I can count the number of beers I have since my weight loss program on one hand. They all have been Guinness though! Love the stuff! When I do drink these days it usually is two glasses of wine over dinner, or Vodka and Club Soda when I am out with the boys. When I hit my goal weight I fully intend on bellying up to my local brew pub and getting stewed!

I plateaued for a two week period and I almost lost the desire to keep going. Not one pound lost in two weeks and I was pissed! I started doing some circuit training along with my cardio and the pounds started coming off in chunks. I do them at home with a couple of products I bought off of infomercials. Actually they are knock offs of infomercial products but man they are effective.

I also started taking a "fat burner" before every workout. Does the stuff burn fat? Nope... But what it does do is give you a smooth blast of energy that allows me to do cardio seemingly forever. It actually is good stuff.

Keep it up guys and lets be thin again!!