Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
Motivational Thread Starting 2/14/10 >

Motivational Thread Starting 2/14/10

Community
Notices

Motivational Thread Starting 2/14/10

Old 02-14-2011, 03:14 PM
Super Moderator

Well, we made it through Monday, everyone! Even if we weren't altogether successful, at least we learn something every step of the way, right?

1. Balance the pie chart (no numbers, just balance). Yep
2. Sleep 7 hours a night. Yep
3. Turn off all the electronics at least half an hour before bed, and read. No-report from last night, since tonight hasn't happened yet
4. Exercise outside one day this week, preferably two. Not today
5. Exercise at least once this week with friends and/or family members. Not today
6. Incorporate a stretching/flexibility workout into the mix twice this week. Not today
7. Dress nicely and make an effort at minimal makeup even if not working that day; the pushed-for-time grad student look is old now. Yep
8. Do an at-home mani-pedi this week (this is something I won't spend money on). Not yet
9. Use my gift card from Christmas to buy something for myself that is not entirely practical. Will be over the weekend
10. List two things daily that I didn't/couldn't/wouldn't do before that now I do, can, and will. Yep

And of course, with a nod to reality:

11. One office organizational task daily. Nope, come on; it's Valentine's Day!
12. One room's trim painted by the end of the weekend. Will have to wait for the weekend
13. Keep working on short, mid and long range financial plans with hubby. Will also wait for the weekend

Wow, all that red looks like a failure, but it was actually a great day. I had lunch with a friend, volunteered at the school, wrote half a report, and made Quinn's fortune cookies for my guys, along with chocolate covered cliches, er, strawberries. Relaxing over the calories and the ratios paid off; things balanced out without any effort. Maybe I was trying too hard before. Another lesson learned. Hope you all had a great day and enjoyed those you love!

Mike? Other pain?

Last edited by cjohnson728; 02-14-2011 at 03:20 PM.
Old 02-14-2011, 03:25 PM
FitDay Member

Diet and such:
1. Drink 96 oz of Water a day, try for an extra 32- 1. Yep, got an extra 16
2. Exercise once a day (at least) with Biggest Loser Did 4 times that this morning!
3. Workout with the Ab Lounge 10 min a day- add more minutes later 1. Not this morning.
4. Stick to 1,300-1,400 calories per day. 1. Yep
5. Burn more Calories than eaten by at least 1,000 Cal difference 1. Definitely

Non diet and such:
1. Buy a scale
2. College and blaah stuff
3. Sort out the room - (iffy)
Old 02-14-2011, 09:29 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by jhowar16
Diet and such:

2. Exercise once a day (at least) with Biggest Loser Did 4 times that this morning!
jhovar, that's a great idea1 I also exercise with Biggest Losers and sometimes when watching Fat Families (If you don't burn off those calories, what will you become? MASSIVE FATTY! So get off your wobbly bum....) thats what the presenter says
Old 02-14-2011, 11:17 PM
FitDay Member

Monday Report Card

Health and fitness goals:

1. Keep calories to 1,500 weekdays and 2,000 weekends. Bad 2,266 it was Valentine's Party Day and things got completely out of hand.
2. Workout 6 hours. 80 min
3. Drink 96oz water. YES
4. Calorie deficit 3,500 for the week (average 500/day). -505
5. Limit grain based carbs to 2 servings/day or less. NO 3
6. Eat 5 servings of fruits & veggies/day. NO 4
7. Keep carbs to 45% or less. NO 47%

Non-fitness goals:

8. Apply mascara 5X. YES
9. Average 6 items/day from the "LIST". NO
10. Clean out one small area of the basement. NO
11. Clean out car, the forecast says 50ish on Friday, so hopefully then. NO
12. Clean 2 rooms daily (15 min each) and 1 load of laundry. 2 out of 3
13. Get 2 pieces of DD's bloomer dress finished!!! NO
14. Call Grandma.NO
15. Register for race and call SIL about same.NO

I would love to take a moment and chit chat about everybody's goals, but I have to get the kids off to school, hopefully I can get back on later. I'm cracking up on the curiosity on my mascara goal, last week someone (stacey maybe?) had a goal of putting a little more effort into her appearance. I need to work on this too, motherhood can be a very frumpy business. I've been blessed with rather pretty eyeballs, and very long but completely invisible eyelashes. Mascara completely changes my face for the better, it's easy, fast and cheap. Not only that but when I wear it people tell me that I look great. So it's good for my self esteem and I would go so far as to say that those extra compliments help to keep me on track. Shallow, but true.

Last edited by almeeker; 02-14-2011 at 11:21 PM.
Old 02-15-2011, 12:33 AM
FitDay Member

weight:
~ food wise stick with my plan yes
~ log all foods i've eatenyes
~ do cardio 6 days 1 yes
~ do strength training 6 days, yes, yes
~ get 90 oz of water in yes
~ continue to not emotionally eat. be real with what i'm feeling at the moment & talk to someone, write it down, come here & vent, but don't stuff my feelings down with food.yes

non weight goals:
~ put effort in every day in what i'm wearing & how i look.yes
~ get back to my routine in organizing my house. not yet
Old 02-15-2011, 12:36 AM
FitDay Member

okay here we go again:

jess ~ how are you enjoying the biggest loser on wii? is it good?

muna ~ swimming sounds great. nice that there is a time for just women.

rose ~ your other goals make me feel lazy...lol. frustrating when the computer locks & freezes. jealous flordia sounds like so much fun.

Cassie ~ i love your goals & your #7 is almost like one of mine...lol

i'm in a first aid course all day ~sigh~ wish i wasn't blah. belly dancing starts up again tonight. looking forward to that, get my shimmy on.

Last edited by staceyalberta; 02-15-2011 at 12:39 AM.
Old 02-15-2011, 01:09 AM
FitDay Member

Checking in. Hope you are all having a good day.

1. Water-lots of it! YES
2. No processed foods YES
3. Exercise and really mean it! YES
4. In bed at a reasonable hour.NO
5. Log all my food-every bite.NO

non diet related
6. Clean off the top of my dresser.NO
7. Work on getting my costume together for upcoming dance competition.NO
8. Help kids be more responsible for keeping their rooms clean.YES

I decided to try a recipe for gluten free bagels last night since I have a wheat allergy and really miss bagels. They were pretty good, but I had no real way to log them on my food. I really need to keep away from food that is not easy to log.....
Old 02-15-2011, 01:13 AM
Super Moderator

Stacey, enjoy your belly dancing tonight!

mambo, could you make it a custom food? It takes a few minutes the first time to create it, but you can load the ingredients into a recipe calculator like this Link removed and then just select it from your custom foods list next time you eat it.

Last edited by vabeachgirlNYC; 02-16-2011 at 05:06 PM. Reason: Violates forum posting rules.
Old 02-15-2011, 01:17 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Mike? Other pain?
nothing unusual, legs, knees, ankles, hell even my arms were sore from swinging them back and forth.
Old 02-15-2011, 01:33 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
nothing unusual, legs, knees, ankles, hell even my arms were sore from swinging them back and forth.
But you avoided the bleeding nipples?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.