View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013, 09:58 AM   #97 (permalink)
chi.kitty
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrudd View Post
ChiKitty what is a slow carb diet?
The Slow-Carb diet is a diet popularized by the book The 4-hour Body by Tim Ferris. I think that it's worth trying out. He claims that you can lose up to 20lbs a month without any exercise and you don't have to count calories.
Basically eat low-carb + beans & a lot of protein 6 days of the week. You get a cheat day every week where you can eat as much as you like, of whatever you like. (and feel miserable after like i do right now) My cheat days are on Saturdays.

Not Allowed (except on cheat day) : Sugars (including fruit, agave syrup etc), Grains of any kind, high-carb seeds or nuts, Milk Products (except for 1/2cup of cottage cheese allowed a day), starchy or sweet vegetables like potato, beets or corn.

Allowed: Most beans/legumes, All meats, Eggs, Cottage Cheese(up to 1/2 cup a day), Most nuts in Moderation, nut-milks, Most vegetables.

You are supposed to eat a breakfast with 30g of protein within 1 hour of waking up, everyday (even on cheat day) & aim for 20g of protein at every other meal. (more if you want)

I'm going to be very strictly following the rules for now, but I plan to modify this a lot if i need to, and if I don't feel good & keep losing weight I will try something else.

P.S The beans have not made me have gas yet, and I find they do help to keep me satisfied throughout the day without snacking.

Starting weight: 262 lbs. 03/17/13
Current weight: 250.5lbs 04/17/13
Total weight lost so far: 11.5 lb
Goal #1: 199 By Jan 1st 2014
Goal weight: 150 lbs

Last edited by chi.kitty; 03-24-2013 at 10:00 AM. Reason: forgot the nuts :O
chi.kitty is offline   Reply With Quote