View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 12:15 PM   #1725 (permalink)
FitDay Member

Jamie, trying that “masters” group is courageous! You may get to watch yourself move from least athletic to middle of the pack, amazing to be taking these steps

MzMiNi – outdoor running on a beautiful day is a wonderful treat – glad you can do it!

Loobie – that feel good exhaustion is valuable, I almost never have worked out in the evenings - some day I want to do the super powerful workout and then to bed.

So, around 11 AM yesterday my left foot started to kill me, I could barely hobble around the office, I took Ibuprofen, changed from my respectable work shoes (small heel) to sneakers, and kept going. Every step I took killed me, and the fear that I had a stress fracture, which would impact my running for a long time killed me too, so I called my doctor, and they said “sure, come in for an X ray – how about 4:20?” – couldn’t have said a better time, it’s about half a mile across downtown, the only way to get there logically is walking, but I decided I’d have to take an expensive cab ride, because I could barely walk to the ladies room. I got in the elevator, got out in the lovely air, and suddenly, found walking easy – I felt pretty silly getting to the doctors office and saying “all cured!” – she diagnosed tendonitis, and told me to cross train “don’t use this as an excuse to not work out, but I know you wouldn’t, but stay off the treadmill for about a week, and see how it goes”.

So, today I did the fun video game bike (beat my nemesis by 25 seconds!), and then the elliptical which changes programs every minute. My thighs are pleasantly sore!

Have a great day, Abby
dear_abby is offline   Reply With Quote