View Single Post
Old 06-15-2012, 01:06 PM   #1475 (permalink)
dear_abby
FitDay Member

Tunnrida, where are you? I never log in without seeing that you did your 5 Tibetans!

So, I got to spin class, and was the only one there, the Friday instructor is awesome, but he’s a busy guy (Fitness Director), so I said – “If you’d prefer, I could run so you don’t have to run class for just one person”, he said “no, let’s do both, lets go for a challenging ride, then sprint over to the treadmills, and finish with a run”. He asked me some questions about my running, and then after a killer half hour of spinning we took off – he pushed me to more incline than I usually do – and encouraged good interval work – it was great to have a running coach – now I’m thinking of actually getting coaching.

Then, he wanted to show me his new toy. They now have Expresso bikes – you set up your data, and it keeps it, tracking your rides, and competing against other riders – while riding you choose a path (I did “redwood forest” you follow graphics on a screen, and ghosts of other riders who have done that route, y ou actually have to steer to stay on the road – it’s fun, kind of like a video game !

Have a great weekend!

Abby
dear_abby is offline   Reply With Quote