View Single Post
Old 12-08-2011, 01:15 AM   #789 (permalink)
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by dear_abby View Post
Pam, I'm not sure you can count a 5K as a workout - I can, anyone else can, but for you isn't that like counting "walked to the coffee maker"? Only kidding, you are a model for us all! You probably did it twice

Today was a nice fast mile run, then weights - I feel pretty inspired at this point -

You make me laugh Abby

Actually it did end up being a great workout as I ran it pretty darn fast. The course was an out and back, or more accurately and up and down. Nothing very steep but it was constant. I ran up 1.5 miles at 8:20 min/mile and back down at 7:54 min/mile . But the sad thing was, as I suspected, all of my X-fit buddies saw that the WOD was a run and skipped it! Really! come on everyone, running is important to our fitness.

So Abby, I know it is colder that a witch's *** there right now, but do you have any thought of running a race come spring? I bet you would improve your time by a huge margin.

I got to go out in the field to set up some air quality samplers at the Mt. Palomar observatory today. Not exactly a workout but it was great to get outdoors and in the mountains. The air was a little nippy for my thin SoCal blood but invigorating. Yoga tonight!

How did everyone else do today?
5'4" 55yr

2.5 years, 45 pounds later... 128ish pounds
RunbikeSki is offline   Reply With Quote