View Single Post
Old 05-12-2010, 05:55 AM   #3 (permalink)
LillyandGish
FitDay Member

Hi Lainey! Thanks for responding. You know, something you said really clicked with me. "If I had used that year wisely..." I have never looked at time like that before. Interesting....I'm going to have to give that some thought.

I'm a total grazer. I don't get to the point where I'm about to eat my hand very often because I nibble all day long. I don't think I necessarily eat unhealthy, just a lot. I tried sucking on sugar free hard candy to see if that would help but it really just made me want more candy. I love to eat, I love to cook, I love to bake. But they don't love me...LOL, or maybe they love me back too much!

I'm a stress eater too. And for me it's always sweets. If I'm stressed, I go for the ice cream or cake. It's hard to because eating feels so good. It's like trying to give up an old friend.

So what are we going to do?? I do know one thing that has helped me a bit, and that's to hold off eating in the morning for as long as possible. I'm not generally very hungry in the mornings anyway. But I try to hold off on eating until I'm truly hungry. Because once I start it's harder to control so the longer I extend that over night fast, the better.

Have you found any little tricks that help you?
LillyandGish is offline   Reply With Quote