View Single Post
Old 05-12-2010, 03:19 AM   #1 (permalink)
LillyandGish
FitDay Member

Smile New Here....75 pound club?

Hi Everyone. I'm new here and just want to connect with some folks. I'm 45 and would like to lose about 75 pounds. I don't think I ever got rid of all the baby weight from my second child (she's 13 now!). Then a car accident with a long recover and a sedentary job just packed on the pounds.

I'm here because I see my mother and what NOT taking care of yourself looks like and I don't want that to be me. Granted, my mother is in her late 60's, but you'd think she was in her 80's. I don't think she could even make it around the block at this point. She's been a chain smoker all of my life and she just sits in front of either the TV or the computer all day.

I want to be active, flexible and strong for the rest of my life! I'm not going down without a fight!

I exercise regularly and I enjoy it. I really love exercise videos. Right now I'm enjoying Stephanie Huckabee's Powerfit sets. I also am a big Leslie Sansone and Ellen Barrett fan.

Sadly though, I lose very little weight with exercise alone. No, it's my eating habits that do me in. I Hope to find some like minds here to help me stay focused.
LillyandGish is offline   Reply With Quote