I absolutely love the holiday season: the decorations, snow, hot chocolate, trees with lights. Everyone seems to be in a great mood. Everything about the holidays make me smile, especially the music. If it were socially acceptable, I would start listening to holiday music on November 1.
The one thing that I love to do during the holidays is to work out. The gyms tend to be less crowded as folks are "celebrating" the holidays and leaving the workouts for New Year's resolutions. Get ahead of the trend and work out while still enjoying the season.
During the year, I'm actually not a big fan of playlists. I get bored with my playlists and don't take the time to download new music to change things up. I typically just turn on Pandora on my iPhone and listen to whatever station I'm feeling at that moment. I don't give it much thought. Some days I'm all about Lil Wayne and others it's One Direction. However, during the holidays I don't mess around. I like being fully prepared to get into the holiday spirit.
What better way to bring in the holiday spirit than listening to some festive tunes while working out? I've compiled my favorite songs to listen to at the gym. These songs are upbeat, current, and really get your blood flowing. I know, I know... N*Sync, Justin Bieber, Britney Spears?! This playlist is perfect for people who love pop music, but also like classic rock as well.
If you're unsure if you want to buy these songs, I suggest listening to a preview. There's nothing worse than spending money on music that you cannot stand. However, I've personally listened to each one of these songs and I think they would be perfect for a run, elliptical training, or weight training.
1. Jimmy Eat World - "Last Christmas"
2. Bruce Springstein - "Santa Claus is Coming to Town"
3. Ramones - "Merry Christmas (I Don't Want To Fight Tonight)"
4. Britney Spears - "My Only Wish (This Year)"
5. Mariah Carey - "All I Want for Christmas is You"
6. Destiny's Child - "8 Days of Christmas"
7. N*Sync - "Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays"
8. Johnny Mathis - "We Need A Little Christmas"
9. Stevie Wonder - "What Christmas Means To Me"
10. Justin Bieber - "Mistletoe"
11. Jack Johnson - "Rudolf the Red-Nosed Reindeer"
12. Barenaked Ladies - "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen"
13. Donny Hathaway - "This Christmas"
14. Vince Guaraldi Trio - "Christmas Time is Here"
15. Jackson 5 - "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus"
16. Cyndi Lauper - "Early Christmas Morning"
17. Wham! - "Last Christmas"
So next time you are in the mood for some holiday cheer, download some tunes, put on your sneakers and get ready to work out! Let me know what songs you love this holiday season.
Nicole Kennedy is a healthy living blogger and public relations specialist living in the suburbs of Philadelphia. Nicole's blog, Simply Nicole,
documents her daily life occurrences as she balances working full-time,
blogging, training for races, practicing yoga, eating healthy and
spending time with her boyfriend. You can connect with Nicole via Facebook and Twitter for real-time blog updates, tips and tricks to living a healthy lifestyle, and more!