FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Weight Loss Tips (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/weight-loss-tips/)
-   -   2 Eggs in the Morning (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/weight-loss-tips/818-2-eggs-morning.html)

jay333 04-09-2010 05:10 PM

2 Eggs in the Morning

Have 2 eggs first thing in the morning and get started on your day. Eggs are a very perfect food (excellent protein) and keep you going. A couple eggs will 'hold you over' for some time. Personally, I just fry the eggs (with a little olive oil) - nothing else just the eggs.

tandoorichicken 04-09-2010 08:51 PM

Sometimes I'll just scramble mine without oil. Or hard-boiled, with a bit of salt and pepper. Either way, I agree - eggs are a great start to a day.

-Nik

Ursula'sMom 04-10-2010 07:26 AM

I agree they do seem to hold you longer than a carb breakfast, the only problem is that I alternate from merely tolerating them and even that requires a lot of hot sauce, cheese, spices... to totally be repulsed by them.

I know I break most of the 'rules' but breakfast is not a big deal for me, I can skip it without issue. I am much more of a dinner and lunch kinda gal.

But if it is working for you, go for it. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. :D

willschallenge 04-25-2010 04:52 AM

Yes i have heard that 2 eggs and a few bits of bacon each morning is great when losing weight i start my diet tomorrow so i will keep you all updated

Lizzycritter 04-25-2010 07:10 AM

I've been loving one whole egg, 2 egg whites, scrambled with a dash of milk, no oil, and adding in a little bit of whatever's in the fridge. Today it was spinach and ham, and a pinch of cheddar cheese on top, delish! Been doing mushrooms, spinach and tomato a lot too. Nuts are a great alternative if you don't like eggs or don't have time to cook.

willschallenge 04-26-2010 12:22 AM

i love boil eggs and bacon seems to give me that start for the day and gives me the energy. )

montanacricket 04-26-2010 03:24 AM

I usually will have one egg fried with just a dash of olive oil, a couple of slices of canadian bacon all on a piece of whole grain toast.

I do this on mornings that I'm really hungry. I have a yogurt/berry/soy milk smoothie before my morning workout and quite often am not hungry before leaving for work, but the mornings that I AM hungry, I have my fried egg sandwich and it holds me til lunch really well!

anderson02 04-28-2010 09:10 AM

Great Tip!

Great tip! But that might be because I really like eggs! :p You did make me remember a great breakfast idea though which was egg whites on a english muffin. Maybe I will try that next week. I like cereal but a warm breakfast just really hits the spot some days!

uagirl537 05-03-2010 10:20 AM

Eggs rule!

I usually have an Atkins shake in the AM before workout but I also make mini quiches in muffin tins and freeze them individually, they make a nice easy brunch...lots of protein! :)