Notices

So why are you loosing weight?

Old 06-27-2011, 07:33 AM
FitDay Member

I agree with other posters that you are a very pretty girl and from the pictures you don't look as overweight as you describe yourself in your post.

Get back into cycling now! Don't wait until you lose weight to do it. I just finished a bike tour and there were all sizes of people on it. If you really don't want to get out, start with some spinning classes. I bet there are some organized rides in your area you could do in August or September before the weather turns. If you are self-conscious about the tight clothing, look into the biking skirts that are available.

Enjoy yourself, explore yourself and the relationships will follow.
Old 06-27-2011, 11:19 PM
FitDay Member

I lost weight because being fat sucks. -Drew Cary

I think that actually sums it up pretty well, but I have a short list of better reasons. I want to lose weight because:

1. I'm a mom to 3 fantastic DD's and I want them to grow up with healthy habits and a healthy relationship with food.
2. I do not want to be the mom sitting on the park bench, I want to be the mom running down the soccer field stealing the ball from the kiddos for the break-away goal that wins the imaginary World Cup - and the crowd goes wild FORZAAAAA! Cause that mom is waaaaay fun.
3. I want to know (and play with) my grandkids and great grandkids.
4. I want to feel like heart attack is a slight "possibility", rather than an "inevitability".
5. When I'm in shape and at a healthy BMI I have heaps of energy, I'm super productive and a ton of fun. Who wouldn't want that?
Old 06-28-2011, 12:05 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by almeeker

I think that actually sums it up pretty well, but I have a short list of better reasons. I want to lose weight because:

1. I'm a mom to 3 fantastic DD's and I want them to grow up with healthy habits and a healthy relationship with food.
2. I do not want to be the mom sitting on the park bench, I want to be the mom running down the soccer field stealing the ball from the kiddos for the break-away goal that wins the imaginary World Cup - and the crowd goes wild FORZAAAAA! Cause that mom is waaaaay fun.
3. I want to know (and play with) my grandkids and great grandkids.
4. I want to feel like heart attack is a slight "possibility", rather than an "inevitability".
5. When I'm in shape and at a healthy BMI I have heaps of energy, I'm super productive and a ton of fun. Who wouldn't want that?
Well said! I regret that my DD has the same weight issues as do her parents. I'm hoping she'll change her ways while she's still young and can better undo the damage than I can.

Regards,
Michael
Old 06-28-2011, 03:42 AM
FitDay Member

1. Better health & confidence- I was on the verge of getting Diabetes and I've got some family history of heart disease and alcoholism-I've already out lived my father.

2. I thought it would help me quit drinking- it did and I got the alcohol consumption under control.

3. I needed a change and being "fat, drunk and stupid was no way to go through life" -Dean Vernon Wormer, Animal House

4. I wanted to look my best for my GF of 20yrs, she's seen me at my worst and I figured it was time to show her the best

5. Found this out after I started working out but being active & fit makes you feel a lot younger

Awesome quote:
Originally Posted by almeeker
Old 06-28-2011, 11:36 AM
FitDay Member

Drew Cary was in the news lately because he lost like 70-80 pounds and when I heard them read that quote on television I actually cracked up.
Old 07-01-2011, 11:01 AM
FitDay Member

I am loosing weight for health reasons and I will lose my job as of 12/31/12 and no one will hire an old fat man!
Old 07-02-2011, 11:26 AM
FitDay Member

To the OP, you R adorable. I would soooooo try to hit that!
I swear sometimes the extra weight is just a great tool at weeding out the 1s u wouldn't want 2 grow with anyway.
Some day your prince/princess will come (cue Snow White song).

reasons:
1. to model positive food interactions w DD and provide her with parents capable of vigorous active play.
2. DD - again. i remember a girl in middle school telling me how lucky I was that my mom was small. Her mom was extremely morbidly obese. I didnt really understand what she was saying at the time, but do now. I want my girl to be PROUD of her mommy. I would hate to think she felt shame or embarrassment bc of my weight.
3. obese individuals are discriminated against. I actually notice I am treated better when closer to a healthy weight. It really hurts.
4. I love my tiny little waistline and I'm gonna get it back!!
Old 07-03-2011, 09:20 PM
FitDay Member

Ooo so many reasons..
Because I have been diagnosed recently with a disability and would like to do as much as possible to improve my health and prove them wrong on the life expectancy.
Because I have just been ditched by my self centred partner of a decade and I'd like to look fit for all the saucy young chaps out there.
Because we were trying unsucessfully for kids and the mirror telling me I look seven months gone isn't exactly boosting my mental stability.
Because I'm now going to be alone and broke and my old skinny clothes have been sitting in a drawer taunting me for the last three years - if I can fit back into them I'd save myself a bundle!
Old 07-04-2011, 08:54 AM
FitDay Premium Member

'cuz push-ups and pull-ups are easier when you are 10 pounds lighter
Old 07-04-2011, 11:06 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
'cuz push-ups and pull-ups are easier when you are 10 pounds lighter
Amen to that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.