Baby weight please go away :-( >

Baby weight please go away :-(

Community
Notices

Baby weight please go away :-(

Old 06-07-2011, 06:22 PM
FitDay Member

Unhappy Baby weight please go away :-(

I had my son about 8 months ago...I am 5 ft 1 in and I now weigh 209 lbs...I have struggled with my weight for years...skinny then fat....fat then skinny...but in the past year I have been struggling to lose weight. I am breastfeeding...in the beginning the weight seemed to be coming off with the breastfeeding...but I gained it all back :-( Being this overweight makes me feel so depressed...I just want to crawl into a cave a never come out because I feel embarrassed for people to see me like this. I haven't been intimate with my husband because I don't feel comfortable with my body and mostly feel self-conscious. My self esteem has taken a plunge and I am in desperate need for a change.

I don't feel motivated to work out or anything...Most of the time I am just exhausted...I dread leaving the house because I feel like when people see me...all they see is the fat...and not me anymore. I know I need to start exercising but I just can't get motivated. HELP!!!!!!! Any ideas?
Old 06-07-2011, 07:17 PM
FitDay Member

I know exactly how you feel. Dont give up. Perhaps going to see your doctor for some help/advise might be an idea. There is nothing like going to be weighed by the nurse on a regular basis to give you the motivation to stick with it. Even taking your baby out for a walk is exercise, and the calories all add up. Its better to do a little every day rather than try and do an hour workout. You wont stick with the hour workout but just try to do 5 or 10 mins here and there. I know it seems like an impossible task but you can do it and you will get there.

I have got to lose half my body weight for medical reasons, I joined last week and have been sticking to my calorie limit, cant do much excersie at the moment due to joint pain. I weighed myself this morning and I lost 1lb. Bit disapointing, but its 1lb in the RIGHT direction!

Stick with it. By finding this website you have proved to yourself that you want to do something about your weight. Its the first step on the road.

Good luck.
Old 06-08-2011, 03:12 AM
FitDay Member

I found that I didn't lose the baby weight until after I stopped breastfeeding (when baby turned 1). Don't give up. I think taking the baby for a walk is a great idea- it will burn more calories then walking by yourself and give you a reason to get out of the house. Set small goals- like walk 3 times per week. Then try cutting out liquid calories like juice and soda and replace them with water. After a couple of weeks and hopefully a few pounds, add in more goals. You can do it!
Old 06-08-2011, 06:57 AM
FitDay Member

Hello.

I know exactly how you feel. I'm still trying to lose baby weight and my baby turned 2 in March!! I'm about 3.5 away from pre-baby weight and my oldest is 5. It's a tough battle, but you deserve it. Think about it this way...you're doing this for yourself. You're doing this so that you can get your life back. You're doing this so that you can run around with your baby when he/she gets mobile. It's SO important to set a good example for our children by eating right and exercising. Maybe make up a list of WHY you want to do it. Keep it on your fridge so that every time you go in there, it'll remind you to pick a healthy snack vs. a not so healthy one. Or just look at your baby to remind yourself that you want to be healthy. Whatever it takes to make you feel like YOU again...it's worth it.
Old 06-09-2011, 03:37 PM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up

Thank you all for your wonderful feedback. You all are absolutely right. I need to stop allowing my negative feelings about my weight to interfere with my being proactive about my weight loss. I am happy to announce that I went for a walk with my son today...walked 1.2 miles...it's a start...and to my surprise I felt a whole lot better about myself. He also seemed to enjoy it so I plan on incorporating the walk into our daily routine.

I also began cutting back on my portions...to my surprise it wasn't as horrible as I remembered it...lol. I will take things one day at a time...and we shall see what happens. I guess I joined this website because I DO want to take charge of my life...and it helps to have a support group who understands the trials and tribulations of trying to lose weight...it seems no one in my inner circle can relate...but how could they...they never struggled with their weight like I have. I wish you all luck with your quest towards becoming healthier and more physically active beings. I know with hard work we will all reach our goals
Old 06-09-2011, 06:31 PM
FitDay Member

You sound so positive now - well done. Just one day at a time is the way to go. Its the actual getting started thats the hardest but once you start to lose lbs that becomes a motivation in itself.

Congratulations on the change of mind-set - YOU CAN DO IT.
Old 06-10-2011, 08:13 AM
FitDay Member

Cool

Thanks...some days are definitely better than others. The thing that has always been the hardest to cut back on are sweets...it doesn't help that there are ALWAYS sweets in my house, thanks to my husband and his sweet tooth. It's hard watching him eat EVERYTHING he wants and never gain an ounce of weight. Just makes me have to work harder at self control but there is not if and or buts about it...I have to lose the weight...I don't want to just look good again but moreso...be healthy for myself and for my son. 2 days into my new healthier regimen and I dont feel like killing myself yet...so far so good
Old 06-10-2011, 08:58 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Samantha,

I have a sweet tooth also and a thin husband who can eat anything! Would your husband agree not to eat that stuff in front of you? I know it doesn’t seem fair but sometimes we just need that little bit of support, especially at first.

I myself stock up on sugar free gelatin, sugar free pudding, and whipped topping. It’s not the greatest for you but if you watch your portions, it’s not the worst either. I also believe in indulging every now and then (but don’t go overboard). It gives me something to look forward to and makes it easier to deprive myself the rest of the time.

It can be hard to get motivated to exercise. I find that once I get my workout clothes on and get started, I’m good to go! Plus, working out keeps me motivated to eat right.

Keep on keepin’ on. You can do it!
Old 06-10-2011, 10:04 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up

I thought about asking him to do that...but I felt a little petty for needing him to do that. I feel like I should be able to handle people eating junk food in front of me...but the truth is...I kinda need him to not do it...at least until I feel I have a little more self control. So, I think I will be asking him to do that for me. It definitely helps to know that I am not alone in this...junk food is a definite weakness for me...one that I am trying to overcome.

And you are right, it's not good to cut it completely out...and one should indulge every now and then without going overboard. I have been trying to substitute my sweet craving with healthier choices as well...sugar free jello and light cool whip and sugar free popsicles...it helps.

I weighed myself this afternoon, and I am proud to say after a few days of readjusting my eating habits...I lost 1.5 lbs...I know it seems small but it is a start...and it motivates me to continue on this path towards gaining a healthier lifestyle. I look forward to the day I can say I FINALLY reached my ultimate goal.
Old 06-11-2011, 11:13 AM
FitDay Member

Congratulations! A loss is a loss and every little bit gets you closer to your goal.