FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Weight Loss Tips (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/weight-loss-tips/)
-   -   Where is everyone from ? (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/weight-loss-tips/405-where-everyone.html)

basscat348 02-12-2010 11:03 PM

Where is everyone from ?
 
I just noticed it would be really cool to know where everyone is located at,and there is a spot for that at the top left there where it says User CP ,thats where you can enter that data.I have noticed there is some people from the UK and Canada and the US.Where are you from.:)

Scndtonun 02-12-2010 11:22 PM

Thanks for the tip...I always wondered how people got that information attached. In case I didn't do it right, I'm freezing in Wisconsin right now!

cjohnson728 02-12-2010 11:52 PM

Cool idea!
 
I'm freezing in Georgia...we have three inches of snow and it never snows here. It's awesome!

Cassie

jancamp09 02-12-2010 11:55 PM

Thanks - I also hadn't been able to find that before your tip

basscat348 02-13-2010 03:37 AM

We'll it was 65 here today in vegas but I'll be moving next month to dallas where they just had record snowfall of 12.5 inches.I have lived in vegas for 24 years but I have to tell you that this place has gone down the toilet.Everthing is really depressing here now and tons of people moving out and a few moving in and going broke quick because of no jobs.

snowcatac 02-13-2010 03:57 AM

I am from Coeurd'Alene, Idaho (up north close to Canadian border). Strange weather here. Where I live we usally get anywhere from 3 to 6 feet of snow. Right now we have 0 snow and average temp of 40. Kinda sucks cuz I love the snow.

staceyalberta 02-13-2010 04:39 AM

I'm currently living in a small town South of Edmonton, called Wetaskiwin in Alberta Canada. Actually had the Olympic Torch relay come through on it's way to Vancouver. That was amazing to see. I consider my home town to be Vancouver that's where all my family is.

rrrucke 02-14-2010 02:01 PM

Although I'm a Navy brat and have lived all over the US, I live in a small southern NJ suburban town near the coast line and I work in NYC. If I win the lottery, I'm moving to St Thomas USVI.

farr1022 02-15-2010 10:57 AM

Jacksonville, Fl

showmenow 02-15-2010 11:04 AM

Independence Missouri- Home town of Harry S Truman and the start of the 3 Trails (Santa Fe, California and Oregon) :)

Deanna

gallusgal 02-15-2010 11:37 AM

I am from Scotland, I think there are a couple of Brits on here but we seem to be in the minority. There are UK sites, but I like this one! :D

Hickonthehill 02-15-2010 11:42 AM

Another Scot here! I work in Aberdeen but live about 20 miles north. It's pouring rain here, but we're forcast for more snow tomorrow - I'm really bored of snow, we've had tonnes this year!:(

son2010 02-15-2010 11:56 AM

cork:)
 
i think am the only person iv come across that is irish? from cork. at the moment its about 4degrees and dry.....which is nice for a change but the cold weatherbis the excuse to snuggled up in doors!!!
22 dec 2009~ 167
15 feb 2009~ 154

gallusgal 02-16-2010 11:44 AM


Originally Posted by Hickonthehill (Post 3446)
Another Scot here! I work in Aberdeen but live about 20 miles north. It's pouring rain here, but we're forcast for more snow tomorrow - I'm really bored of snow, we've had tonnes this year!:(

Hi Hickonthehill... north of Aberdeen? I didn't think there was ANYTHING north of Aberdeen!:D I am away down here near Glasgow. Rain and then frost yesterday, it is cold today but I hope it doesn't snow!



Originally Posted by son2010 (Post 3447)
i think am the only person iv come across that is irish? from cork. at the moment its about 4degrees and dry.....which is nice for a change but the cold weatherbis the excuse to snuggled up in doors!!!
22 dec 2009~ 167
15 feb 2009~ 154


hi son2010 *waves across the Irish sea at ya*...nice to see some neighbours here!

Jylington 02-16-2010 04:43 PM

I'm from Vermont. We've not had a lot of snow this year. Getting 2-5" today (looks better than the brown grass), but can't wait for spring!

rmnsuk 02-16-2010 11:22 PM

Birmingham UK

It's a US site but we all have our cross to bear :)

MariaHkhan 02-17-2010 03:19 PM

I m from DuBai :)

staceyalberta 02-17-2010 03:57 PM

well so far looks like i'm the only canuck....lol

mc3150 02-17-2010 04:10 PM

From New Jersey:)

jancamp09 02-17-2010 06:10 PM

Stacey - I'm also from Canada - Ontario though (10 minutes from Niagara Falls)

mandevil7 02-17-2010 07:41 PM

Ann Arbor Michigan

SherryDarling 02-18-2010 10:59 AM


Originally Posted by MariaHkhan (Post 3614)
I m from DuBai :)

Lucky you!! Can I come visit? :) I could use some sunshine and warm weather. :)

SherryDarling 02-18-2010 11:16 AM


Originally Posted by basscat348 (Post 3304)
I just noticed it would be really cool to know where everyone is located at,and there is a spot for that at the top left there where it says User CP ,thats where you can enter that data.I have noticed there is some people from the UK and Canada and the US.Where are you from.:)

Elk Township, New Jersey - livin' the quiet country life, but just 15 mins from Philadelphia, and 4 hours to New York City in one direction and 4 hours to Washington DC in other direction. :D Yet sadly, too far from Walt Disney World in Florida.

ccouper 02-18-2010 01:20 PM

New today -
 


:D
My first day here... hoping this will be a friendly site..
I am in Minnesota!
I was on BL... and I just don't wanna pay to have "encouragement" and to offer encouragement.

Cat

Hickonthehill 02-18-2010 01:59 PM

Hey Gallusgal. There isn't very much north of Aberdeen - apart from snow and sheep! At the moment you can't see the sheep cos of the snow!!!!

gallusgal 02-19-2010 11:05 PM

We had about a week of snow at Christmas Hick and I was about suicidal. Don't know how you put up with it. Mind you, with all the layers of fat on me, I am surprised I even felt it!

mailey84 02-20-2010 02:48 PM

I'm in South Florida - and can't make it out of this "cold" snap (40s - 60s Fahrenheit for several weeks/months now!) :p

I'm new here - and hope the 'site and you guys can help keep me and each other accountable and all that jazz

kayjay12 02-20-2010 10:55 PM

Hi from Syd Australia
 
Hi I am relatively new to fitday having been using an australian biggest loser site but am another who doesnt want to pay for the privilege. Anyway I am from Sydney Australia havent come across any other aussies yet but am sure there must be some out there, in any case part of the fun of joining this site is to chat to people from around the globe. I love the states and have done some travelling havent reached Canada but am hanging out to visit as it looks like such a beautiful place. So Gday all from hot and humid sydney. :D

monnikjuh 02-21-2010 10:16 AM

Hi ,

I'am from the Netherlands , Apeldoorn .

gallusgal 02-23-2010 12:13 PM

Wow, we really are from all over the place! Kayjay my daughter and her boyfriend has been living and working in Australia for the past year, mainly in QLD. She is travelling to Sydney this week in a campervan :eek: to spend some time there before they come home! I can't wait to see them and hope to have lost as bit more before they get back.

It's nice to see everyone from all over the world logging into fitday and supporting each other.

showmenow 02-23-2010 12:35 PM


Originally Posted by gallusgal (Post 4171)

It's nice to see everyone from all over the world logging into fitday and supporting each other.

It really is nice isn't it? I get to deal with people from all over the world on my website but I never get to interact and "talk" with them like I do here. Isn't the internet a wonderful thing?

Deanna

kayjay12 02-27-2010 09:43 PM

Hi Gallusgal

Its great to here that your daughter and her boyfriend are in Aus I hope they are having a great time qld is beautiful but then so is the rest of Australia.
I am from syd and whilst it is nowhere as big as some of the large cities in the US it has alot to offer travellers and is a place that I am proud to call home.
Am hoping to get back to the states when the kids get a little bit older my 3 year old Cameron keeps asking me if he can go to mickey mouses house so will at some point take the kids to disneyworld havent been to Florida so will be nice to go, also would love to see more of the middle states as really havent gotten to those yet having stuck to the coast as I am sure alot of tourist do.
Anyway hope all is going well in your quest to be smaller by the time your daughter gets back, next it will be your turn to visit Aus. :)

annbonds 02-27-2010 10:15 PM

I am from Dallas, Texas.

Hickonthehill 02-28-2010 07:02 PM


Originally Posted by gallusgal (Post 3869)
We had about a week of snow at Christmas Hick and I was about suicidal. Don't know how you put up with it. Mind you, with all the layers of fat on me, I am surprised I even felt it!

Har har....I know that one! Unfortunately I've still got a bit to much padding on me also! Hopefully by the time we thaw out (more snow today!) I wont have to wear the baggy t-shirts!:)

staceyalberta 03-02-2010 03:40 PM


Originally Posted by jancamp09 (Post 3623)
Stacey - I'm also from Canada - Ontario though (10 minutes from Niagara Falls)

woo hoo i was starting to think i was the only one...lol. did you celebrate sunday after the hockey game?

finallyfree73 03-02-2010 09:18 PM

Indianapolis, Indiana here!

tytay78 03-02-2010 09:28 PM

Anyone from the Baltimore, MD area?

cjohnson728 03-02-2010 09:53 PM

I grew up there, tytay...but got transplated to the south 16 years ago :(

Still miss MD, though!

gallusgal 03-03-2010 11:57 PM


Originally Posted by kayjay12 (Post 4630)
Hi Gallusgal

Its great to here that your daughter and her boyfriend are in Aus I hope they are having a great time qld is beautiful but then so is the rest of Australia.
I am from syd and whilst it is nowhere as big as some of the large cities in the US it has alot to offer travellers and is a place that I am proud to call home.
Am hoping to get back to the states when the kids get a little bit older my 3 year old Cameron keeps asking me if he can go to mickey mouses house so will at some point take the kids to disneyworld havent been to Florida so will be nice to go, also would love to see more of the middle states as really havent gotten to those yet having stuck to the coast as I am sure alot of tourist do.
Anyway hope all is going well in your quest to be smaller by the time your daughter gets back, next it will be your turn to visit Aus. :)

They are in Sydney right now and loving it kayjay!





Originally Posted by Hickonthehill (Post 4682)
Har har....I know that one! Unfortunately I've still got a bit to much padding on me also! Hopefully by the time we thaw out (more snow today!) I wont have to wear the baggy t-shirts!:)

Never mind hick, spring will be here soon, lots of lovely sunshine and no more baggy t shirts! (hopefully!)

glenn1978 03-04-2010 02:17 AM

Utica NY here...


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:34 PM.


Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.