30 Day No Fast Food Challenge

Old 03-30-2011, 08:58 AM
  #41  
FitDay Premium Member
 
mecompco's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,621
Default

Originally Posted by AceofCurls View Post
How is everyone holding up with the no fast food?

Yesterday I had a really bad day. I weighed in at 62 kilos (136 pounds) and realized that I had gained 7 pounds and it totally just broke me down. Instead of heading to the gym like I usually do and giving it my all I said, "no." Then I went on a drinking (which I'm disappointed with myself about. I can't even give up drinking for more then two days. I think I have a problem.) and eating horribly rampage. I ate cheap Thai plus drank cheap alcohol, feel awful.

I was so close to the half way point! I went 12 days without eating out. *sigh* I'm not going to do that to myself again. I'm striving for a healthier diet and I want that without hating myself. So here I am starting over, although I might start that tomorrow and grab vietnamese for lunch, it depends on how strong I am.

I hope everyone is doing better than I am.
Sorry to hear that. But, it's not the end of the world. Put it behind you and move on.

Now, think about what you can do to prevent a reoccurance. Fast food and/or booze ONCE IN A WHILE won't totally derail your fitness goals. Start doing it more often, and of course it will.

Regards,
Michael
mecompco is offline  
Old 03-30-2011, 06:22 PM
  #42  
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: germany
Posts: 21
Default

Hey, Thanks for your reply.

I have officially put it behind me. The whole mess is over. I had overly healthy vietnamese, home made vegan cupcakes, yogurt, cheese and crackers. I'm going for the 30 day challenge again and I've told all my friends about my plans. Hopefully, with their support in RL, I'll make it this time.
AceofCurls is offline  
Old 03-31-2011, 01:31 PM
  #43  
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 170
Default

I have not had ANY fast food for 2 years and 4 months. I just decided that it wasn't worth it and have stuck with it. Believe me it is hard but it can be done. I have 2 teenagers and a husband that do eat it so it is not like I am not around it. My mouth still waters when I smell it.

I will not let myself have any because I know that once I taste it I will want it again. The positive side to all of it- I have lost about 190 lbs in 2 years and 3 months. I have gone from a size 32W to an 8. Well worth it !
showmenow is offline  
Old 03-31-2011, 01:35 PM
  #44  
FitDay Premium Member
 
mecompco's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,621
Default

Originally Posted by showmenow View Post
I have not had ANY fast food for 2 years and 4 months. I just decided that it wasn't worth it and have stuck with it. Believe me it is hard but it can be done. I have 2 teenagers and a husband that do eat it so it is not like I am not around it. My mouth still waters when I smell it.

I will not let myself have any because I know that once I taste it I will want it again. The positive side to all of it- I have lost about 190 lbs in 2 years and 3 months. I have gone from a size 32W to an 8. Well worth it !
That's great!

I did used to like fast food, but the cravings are long gone. The ONLY time I would eat it now is if we're on the road and there were no easy alternatives. At that, I am able to limit it to one Egg McMuffin or one cheese burger with no other crap. Not super healthy choices, but not TOO bad in extreme moderation.

Regards,
Michael
mecompco is offline  
Old 03-31-2011, 03:23 PM
  #45  
FitDay Premium Member
 
RunbikeSki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 2,042
Default

Originally Posted by mecompco View Post
That's great!

I did used to like fast food, but the cravings are long gone. The ONLY time I would eat it now is if we're on the road and there were no easy alternatives. At that, I am able to limit it to one Egg McMuffin or one cheese burger with no other crap. Not super healthy choices, but not TOO bad in extreme moderation.

I am the same way - occassionally, mostly when I don't have any other option. (Although every once in a while the cooking smells vented to the street will entice me.) The other thing I have found when I do give in is that while I am perfectly capable of eating a Big Mac, Whopper, $6 Burger, or whatever mega-burger the joint is pushing, I am plenty satisfied with a regular old normal sized burger. And I almost always ask for no cheese. The cheese these places use adds as much as 200 calories and at least 50 cents to the price and it tastes like plastic. Pretty much the same thing with fries. I love FF fries, but a small or kids size will do me. (and I avoid the eaters remorse that often follows )

Pam
RunbikeSki is offline  
Old 04-01-2011, 02:26 PM
  #46  
FitDay Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 286
Default

hey guys heres a small update from me.

i haven't gone out for food snice last friday. and no it's friday again and the weekend these are the hardest times for me to stay away.

but i plan to stay away this weekend. except if i go out with my family for my dads birthday this weekend.

but as for home eatting i've been messing up as well and i could tell as for weds and thursday i was feeling light headed, y'know that kind of dizzy feeling when you know your not getting enough of something.
yunalee is offline  
Old 04-05-2011, 02:27 PM
  #47  
FitDay Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 286
Default

heres nother small update from me.

i survived the weekend with no fast food, it make me happy, and i didn't go overboard crazy with my eatting either.

only 3 more weeks left of school
yunalee is offline  
Old 04-05-2011, 03:05 PM
  #48  
FitDay Premium Member
 
mecompco's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,621
Default

Originally Posted by yunalee View Post
heres nother small update from me.

i survived the weekend with no fast food, it make me happy, and i didn't go overboard crazy with my eatting either.

only 3 more weeks left of school
Congrats on making it through the weekend--keep it up, you can do it!

Regards,
Michael
mecompco is offline  
Old 04-30-2011, 01:57 PM
  #49  
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: germany
Posts: 21
Default

Hey Everyone!

How is everyone doing with this 30 day challenge? Have you seen any difference?

I have successfully completed the 30 No Fast Food Challenge! Unfortunately, I'm not going to continue not eating fast food because I haven't lost any weight from not eating out. I'm not going to deprive myself of going out to eat if it isn't beneficial, so yes. I'm going out to eat tomorrow night and any other night!
AceofCurls is offline  
Old 05-02-2011, 05:43 PM
  #50  
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 21
Default

Originally Posted by AceofCurls View Post
Hey Everyone!

How is everyone doing with this 30 day challenge? Have you seen any difference?

I have successfully completed the 30 No Fast Food Challenge! Unfortunately, I'm not going to continue not eating fast food because I haven't lost any weight from not eating out. I'm not going to deprive myself of going out to eat if it isn't beneficial, so yes. I'm going out to eat tomorrow night and any other night!
Thanks kind of like saying you drove home drunk and didnt die so why should you stop... It could be benefiting you in ways other then the scale, such as cholesterol, blood pressure, etc.

having said that this is a challenge I dont think I could do! A lot to do with my job, and my schedule. Instead of a double big mac combo with those 2 apple pies for 1.39 though I go to Subway or Pita Pit. I did get sucked into McDonalds by my Dad and kids but I just had 2 of the 1.89 wraps, for about 500 cals of crap lol. I dont get to worried about things, if I eat out I look at the menu and try and make the best of it. That's what this is all about, a lot of little decisions.
optiquest is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.